Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Washington would of been sent packing to some poor 2nd division side or non league and we`d still be have jimmy in charge playing the same negative system without admitting its not working, & all players would be playing within themselves with no confidence whatsoever, manning would of been released as hes pants lol you cant make it up tbh, just shows how out of his depth jimmy was compared to what ollies doing/done in short space of time!
    Post of the day.

Comment

• Lovely to see Conor getting a run and doing well for a manager who clearly likes him. I always liked him and I am happy for him that things are starting to turn for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        I avoid directly conversing with you, but this once..... In the Luongo thread. You said.

"Manning made 6 tackles, Luongo made 5 but Luongo also made an interception that Manning didn't do. Luongo also won a couple in the air and manning only won one and Luongo made a successful dribble which manning didn't do"

Manning played 60 odd mins. Luongo 90. In case you can't, er, do the math: 6 tackles in 60 mins is, I think, a more impressive statistic than 5 plus an interception in 90. You clearly want the 'interception' to count more than a tackle.

Oh dear. It's so not worth my time, I so know. It really isn't. Reply how you want. I'm not breaking my rule again.
        I'm not expecting you to break your rule again, given how petty you're being with it. You complain about how I interpret what you're saying incorrectly, don't be hypocritical and do the same. I can assume from your username that you're either born in 77 or have been a fan since 77. Either way, you certainly aren't acting that age by having a rule where you ignore someone, that's something I'd expect from someone half my age, not double it.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
          Lovely to see Conor getting a run and doing well for a manager who clearly likes him. I always liked him and I am happy for him that things are starting to turn for him.
          First time I've had him down as MoTM. Great performance from Conor. Now for 3 in 3.... COYRs!

Comment

• Really good to see and very impressed by his workrate and closing down last night. Long may it continue

Comment

• Humble pie on this. Just a little bit more composure in front of goal please.Did join in when rightly we sung your name though.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                Really good to see and very impressed by his workrate and closing down last night. Long may it continue
                To be fair, he's always done that - it's just the goals that have been lacking.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                  top post

Tasteless? A shame? My heart bleeds for you. This is an internet forum. There will be opinions you wont agree with. Sometimes even you will get it wrong, just like everyone else. Perhaps you have already.

On Washington its great he's finding some form, but as Ginge said there have been months of mediocrity. You can put in a shift and still be poor.
                  Yes, tasteless. There will be opinions I won't agree with it - I get all that so don't make out I don't. There's an opinion and then there's seemingly having a vendetta against one of our players where the opinionated person fails to see the all round debate.

Have you ever stopped to think why he might of been poor? Have you ever even considered the factors surrounding his below par performances? Relatively new still to league football, late bloomer, not being played in his natural position. I've listed them in my previous posts on this thread, but the people who have been so over critical of CW have failed to take note of them and accept them.

We've had players here in recent years that have been poor and haven't even put a shift in - CW has at least put the effort in when it hasn't gone his way, and he hasn't once moaned about being played out of position etc. From the sh1te we've had wear the shirt in recent years - this alone should be a reason why supporters should or stuck with him and supported him before now. Rather than coating him off. And don't say it isn't because it was only a few years ago, where this is all we wanted in our players. i.e. the Bosingwa days.
                  Last edited by West London is Rss; 03-02-2017, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                    We've had players here in recent years that have been poor and haven't even put a shift in - CW has at least put the effort in when it hasn't gone his way, and he hasn't once moaned about being played out of position etc.
                    Don't mention effort....people on here want skill and immense talent.....like JET !

Comment

Yes, tasteless. There will be opinions I won't agree with it - I get all that so don't make out I don't. There's an opinion and then there's seemingly having a vendetta against one of our players where the opinionated person fails to see the all round debate.

Have you ever stopped to think why he might of been poor? Have you ever even considered the factors surrounding his below par performances? Relatively new still to league football, late bloomer, not being played in his natural position. I've listed them in my previous posts on this thread, but the people who have been so over critical of CW have failed to take note of them and accept them.

We've had players here in recent years that have been poor and haven't even put a shift in - CW has at least put the effort in when it hasn't gone his way, and he hasn't once moaned about being played out of position etc. From the sh1te we've had wear the shirt in recent years - this alone should be a reason why supporters should or stuck with him and supported him before now. Rather than coating him off. And don't say it isn't because it was only a few years ago, where this is all we wanted in our players. i.e. the Bosingwa days.

Wests i wouldnt get too wound up mate, anyone can see theyve been proven wrong and hate it, hence having digs when in reality they havnt a scooby about football when judging things too early, especially like you said hes not been played in his favoured position, jamie mackie hits it all on the head & anyone whos got a clue would know the reasons behind his lack of goals!
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Wests i wouldnt get too wound up mate, anyone can see theyve been proven wrong and hate it, hence having digs when in reality they havnt a scooby about football when judging things too early, especially like you said hes not been played in his favoured position, jamie mackie hits it all on the head & anyone whos got a clue would know the reasons behind his lack of goals!
                        "They've been proven wrong and hate it".....yet those who been critical of CW, including Nasser, have said in this very thread that they're happy to admit there's been an improvement in him and want to see it continue...
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• I just don't get slating and early writing off of any of these younger players we currently have. We haven't bought them to be to be the finished article, a few will be calculated risks.

Some need to adjust their expectations and standards still IMO.

Comment

I just don't get slating and early writing off of any of these younger players we currently have. We haven't bought them to be to be the finished article, a few will be calculated risks.

Some need to adjust their expectations and standards still IMO.
                            I personally don't think it was early... it's been a year until we've seen the signs of anything positive. As I said, hopefully it continues.

As for Pinkie's post, how ridiculous to say that people are still taking digs because they were proven wrong, I've personally literally just been positive towards the player since these last two games. Your reaction Pinkie is continually irrational and with a desire to go out and just say I told you so. I recall 2 threads off the top of my head started by you just to call people out for having disagreed with you. We're all happy that Conor is doing well because as I've said, it means the team is doing well. No one hates it, no one is upset that he's succeeding.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Wests i wouldnt get too wound up mate, anyone can see theyve been proven wrong
                              Sorrry, who is the they?

I never wanted JFH here and said so before game one, ie before your time on here. An awful lot of people disagreed. Suddenly, because CW has banged in a couple you're gloating. Because he's doing his job. How does that work|?

It just an internet forum, its all about legitimacy of opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                                I personally don't think it was early... it's been a year until we've seen the signs of anything positive.
                                I am sorry but that is absolute b*llocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X