Club gives fleet of coaches to bring economic migrants from Calais

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
    Not sinking to any level, the legitimate issue of concern in both cases is gradual hostile takeover of Europe.
    Yes I can see why you might have such alarm that a few thousand child refugees might be taken in ... 100% going to have an affect on your life in Estonia.

I can understand the brexiteers will worry about more migrants in an already struggling system and how the remainers might welcome child refugees in need.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
      I'd also go along with that. You never know, the next AT may be on the bus!

The other interesting point is that migration nearly always benefits the host nations GDP. We were all migrants once, easy to forget that.
      Good points Hal.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
        I think its a smart move PR wise, irrespective of motivation. Whether anyone like it or not, there is a very strong feeling around that our involvement in the middle east precipitated a humanitarian disaster which has ended up with children abandoned on our doorstep. Nothing to do with left or right, just the way some people see this situation. With some justification imo.

It will be well reported here and overseas and (PR hat on again) takes the focus away from more unsavoury matters. Smart PR.
        What unsavoury matters?
        14th in the championship. Ha ha ha ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          Well, actually you don't know this Dale, because I'm not. You see, when you start making accusations based on no evidence whatsoever, you're on very slippery ground, and it makes it hard to take anything you say seriously. Furthermore, you have conflated a whole raft of things that I have not said or even implied in a totally over the top response. 'Hard left agenda'! I'm 'happy to have a reduced living standard'. You're just making stuff up!

What we're talking about here is QPR offering to help ferry a few kids from Calais. You have managed to turn this into a hyperbolic rant. There's so much about what you've said I could re-contextualise for you, but would it be worth it? For example the fact that the economic difficulties of this country have nothing to do with migrants, economic or otherwise, but very much to do with those who run this system. That's not a 'hard left' analysis, it's just a basic fact. But I've got a feeling it's not worth debating it with you.

A few kids the article states over 1000

Why didn't these economic migrants claim asylum and settle in France as if they are really desperate

They should be claiming asylum in the first country they step foot in that is not raging war, why are they crossing several countries to get here, you must have sense to see if they was so separate they would settle in the fist safe country they enter

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
            Yes I can see why you might have such alarm that a few thousand child refugees might be taken in ... 100% going to have an affect on your life in Estonia.
            So what happened to the hundreds of thousands other refugees who had been loitering in France and elsewhere in the richer parts of Europe? Did I miss a newsflash about them heading back home? You don't seriously think that Estonia is some sort of a fortress, do you? We are already receiving our initial allocation, slowly but surely.
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
              A few kids the article states over 1000
              Yes, okay, over a 1000 kids. you were talking about 'unlimited immigration' and 'flooding western countries'. There's your context.

Why didn't these economic migrants claim asylum and settle in France as if they are really desperate
              Because maybe they have family in the UK?

They should be claiming asylum in the first country they step foot in that is not raging war, why are they crossing several countries to get here, you must have sense to see if they was so separate they would settle in the fist safe country they enter
              Who knows the real story? Have you ever been a refugee? Have you ever had to escape from a war-torn country? As a child?

I notice you didn't respond to the other points I made. As I said before, you have taken what seems like a humanitarian gesture from the club and turned it into a massive rant, as if QPR themselves, or anyone finding it worthy, were responsible for these things you clearly fear. But where's the evidence?

I give myself permission to feel compassionate about whomsoever I choose.

Comment

Why are they not claiming asylum in France which is a first world country if they have fled war and desperate to settle
                Think you will find its 6 or 7 safe Countries they choose to ignore so they can get to our shores

What I have never understood and just cannot fathom is why so many young fit and healthy young men choose to leave their wife and children plus parents etc behind when they flee these war zones rather then stand and fight the aggressors?

Comment

Turkey borders Syria. They are not at war. Anyone know why they don't go there? Near home so It'll be nice and easy to return once the conflict ends, massive country, same religion in the main and not risking their lives travelling across Europe?

Hmmm I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                    What I have never understood and just cannot fathom is why so many young fit and healthy young men choose to leave their wife and children plus parents etc behind when they flee these war zones rather then stand and fight the aggressors?
                    They get here, claim asylum then the rest are entitled to follow. So when you hear 1000 refugees times that by 10

Comment

Thankfully the lunatics are not yet running the asylum.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                        Yes, okay, over a 1000 kids. you were talking about 'unlimited immigration' and 'flooding western countries'. There's your context.

Because maybe they have family in the UK?

Who knows the real story? Have you ever been a refugee? Have you ever had to escape from a war-torn country? As a child?

I notice you didn't respond to the other points I made. As I said before, you have taken what seems like a humanitarian gesture from the club and turned it into a massive rant, as if QPR themselves, or anyone finding it worthy, were responsible for these things you clearly fear. But where's the evidence?

I give myself permission to feel compassionate about whomsoever I choose.

Read back in your posts it was you accusing anyone who don't want economic migrants as Britain first supports so calm down on the insults

Can you answer a genuine question as to why they don't settle in the first safe country they enter? There is a convention on this matter which should be abided

Comment

Read back in your posts it was you accusing anyone who don't want economic migrants as Britain first supports so calm down on the insults

Can you answer a genuine question as to why they don't settle in the first safe country they enter? There is a convention on this matter which should be abided
                          Dale you haven't posted one thing based on evidence yet - you're even twisting what I said. I did not say:

"anyone who don't want economic migrants as Britain first supports"

What I said was:

"where on earth do you get these ideas from? Britain First?"

Which is completely different. It's no more of an insult or accusation than your "you probably belong to Open Borders and are a Corbyn fanatic".

I've given you the best answers I can to your other question. Neither of us know the precise reasons, nor do we have any direct evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                            This, but how do we know if the clubs time and money isn't being wasted?

Can anyone confirm how many people the middle east have taken in, they have massive land and have room to build, we don't.

I thought it would be best if all the countries could get together and build new homes in countries that have land space. We don't have enough space to build for our own people.
                            I've been keeping up with the refugee crisis and the rise of daesh and countries like jordan and turkey have taken in MASSIVE amounts of refugees. I read that there's between 7-8 million people from iraq and syria alone who are currently in refugee camps, take into account that lebanon alone has taken in 1.1 million refugees to try and help.
                            Its something that can't be sorted out overnight but its also something that the entire world needs to sort out, including the uk which is partly to blame for the sh*t in the middle east due to our government having a hardon for being america's lapdog and following them into dismantling the middle east and fueling all these extremist views.

After world war 2 people protested (with newspapers actively protesting) jews being granted asylum over here, something that probably disgusts most of us now having grown up with info of the holocaust. thing is, the same thing is happening right now in the middle east on a less organised scale.

As for if the club has time or money to do it, who cares? Its peoples lives at stake and thats far more important than a bit of inflated leather

Comment

image.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                                I've been keeping up with the refugee crisis and the rise of daesh and countries like jordan and turkey have taken in MASSIVE amounts of refugees. I read that there's between 7-8 million people from iraq and syria alone who are currently in refugee camps, take into account that lebanon alone has taken in 1.1 million refugees to try and help.
                                Its something that can't be sorted out overnight but its also something that the entire world needs to sort out, including the uk which is partly to blame for the sh*t in the middle east due to our government having a hardon for being america's lapdog and following them into dismantling the middle east and fueling all these extremist views.

After world war 2 people protested (with newspapers actively protesting) jews being granted asylum over here, something that probably disgusts most of us now having grown up with info of the holocaust. thing is, the same thing is happening right now in the middle east on a less organised scale.

As for if the club has time or money to do it, who cares? Its peoples lives at stake and thats far more important than a bit of inflated leather
                                Superb post.

Comment

Working...
                                X