No announcement yet.

Club gives fleet of coaches to bring economic migrants from Calais

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was strange that no tabloid showed any of the actual children arriving, perhaps it didn't fit their agenda. I am always amazed that the argument against helping those in need is that it should be spent on 'our' people. The government has had every opportunity to spend it on 'our' people over the years but has decided it would rather have trident missiles etc instead whilst cutting benefits to the poor and disabled. All the while their friends in the tabloid press set a constantly hostile agenda re humanitarian aid. We are talking scared, desperate children here who fled war zones and may have lost close family. I am proud that my club is doing something to help them

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
      Turkey borders Syria. They are not at war. Anyone know why they don't go there? Near home so It'll be nice and easy to return once the conflict ends, massive country, same religion in the main and not risking their lives travelling across Europe?

Hmmm I wonder?
      wonder away...

2.5 million refugees in turkey
      1.0 million refugees in lebanon
      0.6 million refugees in jordan
      0.1 million refugees in egypt

...oh yeah, a couple of thousand refugees are in the uk.

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
        wonder away...

2.5 million refugees in turkey
        1.0 million refugees in lebanon
        0.6 million refugees in jordan
        0.1 million refugees in egypt

...oh yeah, a couple of thousand refugees are in the uk.
        Land mass of turkey compared to this little island?

Asking for a mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          There is the small fact of the Shia v Sunni situation, which in several Arab states is more extreme than Protestant versus Catholic in Northern Ireland, so it's not a simple 'why don't they take them?' - it would be insane to send them and because of the prejudices, they would not be well received either. But that's only one aspect of a very complex situation. As corbray so eloquently pointed out earlier in this thread:

"countries like jordan and turkey have taken in MASSIVE amounts of refugees. I read that there's between 7-8 million people from iraq and syria alone who are currently in refugee camps, take into account that lebanon alone has taken in 1.1 million refugees to try and help.
          Its something that can't be sorted out overnight but its also something that the entire world needs to sort out, including the uk which is partly to blame for the sh*t in the middle east due to our government having a hardon for being america's lapdog and following them into dismantling the middle east and fueling all these extremist views."

Then factor in the fact that the Saudis and Qatar have (along with Western allies) been funding and arming the opposition/insurgents in Syria and you realise how crazy all this is. Bottom line, people are fleeing the horrors and there is a moral duty ( I believe) for the UK to bear its share of the problem.
          How many are actually genuine refugees?
          I would hazard a guess less than 10%,we could probably help those 10% but it is the 90% that are chancers that dilute or stop the help reaching those that actually need it.
          Many of the "refugees" are not fleeing war torn countries and many that supposedly are fleeing end up going home on numerous occasions for holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
            Typical lefty point of view, we started the wars so we must suffer, I did not support the wars like most of the country so don't come with this we need to suffer rubbish

Most of the economic migrants you want to come here do not want to assimilate like the Jews after the war, they have a totally different outlook on life and cultures, we want people here who want to mix with the general population which does not happen with people from a certain background/religion as we have seen all over Europe once they come
            Funny thing is i'm not a leftist at all, i and all of my family are conservatives. wanting people to just live and not suffer doesn't make me a leftist, it makes me a humanist. What people often fail to see is the uk is the 5th or 6th largest economy in the world and has relied on immigrants for hundreds of years.

I never once said to help economic migrants or to open the floodgates and let everyone in but rather the opposite, we need to help people that nee our help regardless of their differences to us because they're people. The thought that goes through my head regarding this is simply imagine if it was me. if it was me i'd be desperate for help and for a chance to live which is exactly what these people want.
            As for being intigrated into our society, they already are and any trouble caused isn't down to an entire religion or race but rather the individual, thats like me accusing you of being a pedo because white people are more likely to be child abusers. i've met hundreds of muslims, immigrants and 2nd/3rd generation people in my life and i've treated them or judged them no different to anyone else i've met, some have been dicks but most have been cool. heck, most londoners i meet turn out to be some of the most arrogant idiots i've ever met

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
              Funny thing is i'm not a leftist at all, i and all of my family are conservatives. wanting people to just live and not suffer doesn't make me a leftist, it makes me a humanist. What people often fail to see is the uk is the 5th or 6th largest economy in the world and has relied on immigrants for hundreds of years.

I never once said to help economic migrants or to open the floodgates and let everyone in but rather the opposite, we need to help people that nee our help regardless of their differences to us because they're people. The thought that goes through my head regarding this is simply imagine if it was me. if it was me i'd be desperate for help and for a chance to live which is exactly what these people want.
              As for being intigrated into our society, they already are and any trouble caused isn't down to an entire religion or race but rather the individual, thats like me accusing you of being a pedo because white people are more likely to be child abusers. i've met hundreds of muslims, immigrants and 2nd/3rd generation people in my life and i've treated them or judged them no different to anyone else i've met, some have been dicks but most have been cool. heck, most londoners i meet turn out to be some of the most arrogant idiots i've ever met
              Clueless, f u cling embarrassing! Must be walking about with your head up your jacks . Make me wanna spew reading that
              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Why do you look at white men as pedo's, got to be pretty twisted to come out with stuff like that, very weird

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                  Think you will find its 6 or 7 safe Countries they choose to ignore so they can get to our shores

What I have never understood and just cannot fathom is why so many young fit and healthy young men choose to leave their wife and children plus parents etc behind when they flee these war zones rather then stand and fight the aggressors?
                  Also Saudi Arabia has a tented city ready to accommodate more than 500.000 yet none of these people seem to want to carry on living in the region they come, and a isleworth says these people have crossed several countries to get to the French border why did they not seek asylum in the first safe haven as they are meant to, those people that arrived last week were not children, And all these brave men elect to flee leaving their wives and children behind and are quite happy to fight for their rights in the jungle but NOT FIGHT FOR THEIR COUNTRY
                  and as we are at a time of year that's very close to my heart, REMEMBERANCE
                  what would we have done in 1939 if all our young men of fighting age had run away then????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                    Land mass of turkey compared to this little island?

Asking for a mate.
                    you could just google...

turkey is slightly more than 3 times as big as big as the uk
                    lebanon is about 24 times smaller than the uk
                    jordan is a bit more than a three times smaller than the uk

Comment

Very proud of the club.

Reading some of the comments on here I think certain people should build a time machine and go back to the 70's or 80's and support Chelsea. Might feel more at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                        Why do you look at white men as pedo's, got to be pretty twisted to come out with stuff like that, very weird
                        I don't, it was a comparrison with how people look at muslims as terrorists

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                          This, but how do we know if the clubs time and money isn't being wasted?

Can anyone confirm how many people the middle east have taken in, they have massive land and have room to build, we don't.

I thought it would be best if all the countries could get together and build new homes in countries that have land space. We don't have enough space to build for our own people.
                          I can tell you for a fact the GCC countries (UAE, Kuwait, Saudi, Oman, Bahrain & Qatar) have taken very few refugees in, if any at all. In fact the UAE have even been refusing permanent visas to Syrian professionals who have been able to find work in the UAE on the grounds that they have no method of effectively security checking them to ensure they aren't terrorists. Controversial I know, but despite their close proximity to the Iraq & Syria, the UAE has far, far less terrorist activity than Germany, France, UK etc. You could say that we could actually learn a lot from them in terms of effectively protecting the countries citizens.

Some of the other Arab/Islamic nations have done far more however. The bulk of the migrants from Syria have ended up in Jordan and Turkey as I understand it. I think it runs into the millions in both countries.

Back to the point of the original post. Whilst I applaud the generosity and sentiment, touching a political hot potato like this one in the name of the club is a mistake. Fernandes would have done better to do it out of his own pocket as a personal gesture or done it on the quiet.
                          Last edited by Tarbie; 01-11-2016, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                            Clueless, f u cling embarrassing! Must be walking about with your head up your jacks . Make me wanna spew reading that
                            Whats so difficult to understand in my post? That i care about all people having the right to live?

Comment

A lot of the children (whether they all are or not is debatable, admittedly having been to the middle East and that region many times the kids there have aged really quickly (I am sure some lied though)) that are coming here do have family here already or at least some form of relations. Of course the rule is to seak safe haven in the first EU country you come across but also the refugees do need to be spread throughout Europe (as otherwise any one country would be overwhelmed) which in general seems to have been done. We are taking in a tiny percentage, far smaller proportionately than all the other countries such as Sweden, Germany, France, Belgium, Hungary.

Comment

I don't, it was a comparrison with how people look at muslims as terrorists
                                What people look it like that because never met these types, it must be the type of people you have as friends, says a lot about the company you keep

If you educated yourself you would find it is more rampant on other continents that are not mainly white but guessing your one of these people who look at white people as evil

Comment

Working...
                                X