Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Have you read the old testament?!!

In my opinion, if you take any religion to the letter as written in religious scripture you are asking for trouble!
    Yes I have read it, but Christianity went through the reformation and modernised.
    Just to make it clear im not a fan of any religion its all ######## for thickos

Comment

• Originally posted by gaza09 View Post
      Yes I have read it, but Christianity went through the reformation and modernised.
      Just to make it clear im not a fan of any religion its all ######## for thickos
      I agree, don't like religion myself either. I have no issues with the principals that come with 90% of it or the vast majority of people who follow it but I think those that take it too literally should be avoided.

And look, I also agree that some of the stuff you see in Saudi, Yemen, Iran etc in terms of infringements of human rights are deplorable. But I see this as a symptom of extremism and not of Islam which is (despite what many will tell you), a peaceful religion!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
        Really, what do both main prophets in those books have in common, just on this point alone they are very different in what they practised and preached
        Both preached tolerance and love for everyone regardless of gender or religion and to never force someone to convert but both had different starts, islam had a violent early history due to muhammed having a lot of enemies from other families in mecca and medina but christian towns muhammed captured from the byzantine's or whoever else actually prefered being under muslim rule rather than byzantine rule, the taxes were lower and there was justice, order and religious freedom. Heck, even women were treated as equals in early islam, in fact the first muslim martyr and first muslim to die was a female former slave. over time corrupt people twisted islamic tenets to suit their needs and wants.

Christianity on the otherhand didn't have a warrior to lead them as islam did, jesus was a preacher not a fighter, plus christianity was formed 600 years before islam when roman power was at its height and had no chance of wrestling power from the romans and christians mainly had to stay in hiding as there was no safe place for them to go.
        Both prophets preached and practiced the same thing except christians were persecuted and muslins were able to defeat their enemies.

But again, look at christian rule for a thousand years and then look at islamic rule during the same period and you'll be surprised at what was better to live under. Its down to the individual not the religion

Comment

Christianity went through the reformation, Islam is stillscratching around in the 7th century.
          Because the church was massively corrupt and people were tired of being held back

Comment

• Originally posted by corbray View Post
            Both preached tolerance and love for everyone regardless of gender or religion and to never force someone to convert but both had different starts, islam had a violent early history due to muhammed having a lot of enemies from other families in mecca and medina but christian towns muhammed captured from the byzantine's or whoever else actually prefered being under muslim rule rather than byzantine rule, the taxes were lower and there was justice, order and religious freedom. Heck, even women were treated as equals in early islam, in fact the first muslim martyr and first muslim to die was a female former slave. over time corrupt people twisted islamic tenets to suit their needs and wants.

Christianity on the otherhand didn't have a warrior to lead them as islam did, jesus was a preacher not a fighter, plus christianity was formed 600 years before islam when roman power was at its height and had no chance of wrestling power from the romans and christians mainly had to stay in hiding as there was no safe place for them to go.
            Both prophets preached and practiced the same thing except christians were persecuted and muslins were able to defeat their enemies.

But again, look at christian rule for a thousand years and then look at islamic rule during the same period and you'll be surprised at what was better to live under. Its down to the individual not the religion
            Good post apart from the glossing over of the crusades.

Comment

We were not all migrants once, for one to be a migrant then one has to actually migrate somewhere.
              Historically, we absolutely were. God never dropped a batch of white Anglos somewhere around where Birmingham would be 0.25 million years later and said 'get on with it'. I'm white Anglo Brit which means I'm Germano / Franco / Celt. That makes me English, basically.

Pre Romano Brit DNA was Celtic, current Anglo genetic make up is the same as many German peoples and none of this should be a surprise because we were invaded regularly by pretty much everyone right up until the Norman variety.

Comment

A very bizarre way you look at those religions in comparison but each to there own

Comment

I agree, don't like religion myself either. I have no issues with the principals that come with 90% of it or the vast majority of people who follow it but I think those that take it too literally should be avoided.

And look, I also agree that some of the stuff you see in Saudi, Yemen, Iran etc in terms of infringements of human rights are deplorable. But I see this as a symptom of extremism and not of Islam which is (despite what many will tell you), a peaceful religion!
                  It is not a peaceful religion, and it's not down to Extremism it's down to the ideology of Islam. You may not wish to belive it but its the truth.
                  Ive served in the army in the middle east and worked as a private security contractor there, the people are friendly enough but I wouldnt allow my daughter to walk the streets there.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    Historically, we absolutely were. God never dropped a batch of white Anglos somewhere around where Birmingham would be 0.25 million years later and said 'get on with it'. I'm white Anglo Brit which means I'm Germano / Franco / Celt. That makes me English, basically.

Pre Romano Brit DNA was Celtic, current Anglo genetic make up is the same as many German peoples and none of this should be a surprise because we were invaded regularly by pretty much everyone right up until the Norman variety.
                    If you were born here then you're not a migrant, to say so is ridiculous.
                    Oh and there is no God, sorry to break it to you

Comment

Dude......I'm a British born, white atheist!
                      imo, it would be cool if your religion dominated western civilisation.

it feels like a long time since anything mildly qpr-related cropped up on this (almost-slanderously-titled) thread... should it really be on the qpr board?

Comment

It is not a peaceful religion, and it's not down to Extremism it's down to the ideology of Islam. You may not wish to belive it but its the truth.
                        Ive served in the army in the middle east and worked as a private security contractor there, the people are friendly enough but I wouldnt allow my daughter to walk the streets there.
                        I wouldn't want any of my family to walk the streets in Iraq either.........or a lot of other places the British army went in the Middle East for that matter. But that isn't reflective of the whole region or the religion they follow. I live in a Christian country right now and I won't even walk the streets myself, and I live in the "nice" part of Johannesburg.

Best agree to disagree on this one mate. You wont change my mind and I doubt I'll change yours!

Comment

Im not sure Hindus or Sikhs would agree with what you have written

Comment

I wouldn't want any of my family to walk the streets in Iraq either.........or a lot of other places the British army went in the Middle East for that matter. But that isn't reflective of the whole region or the religion they follow. I live in a Christian country right now and I won't even walk the streets myself, and I live in the "nice" part of Johannesburg.

Best agree to disagree on this one mate. You wont change my mind and I doubt I'll change yours!
                            I didnt mean Iraq I meant other countries ive worked in but your right if im being paid to work there its probably not the nice part of town.
                            Yep best to agree to disagree, oh and when driving in jo berg don't stop for anything 😉

Comment

• I think its a brilliant gesture and in no way a publicity stunt, just a totally unselfish humane one.

Only thing im praying is that it doesn't mean Lily Allen will start supporting us.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                                God never dropped a batch of white Anglos somewhere around where Birmingham would be 0.25 million years later and said 'get on with it'.

Originally posted by gaza09 View Post
                                Oh and there is no God, sorry to break it to you
                                erm.... lighten up time?

Comment

Working...
                                X