Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• Excellent video DK. Thanks for sharing.

Zineb El Rhazoui, described as the 'most protected woman' in France.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
        But that is understandable, because they have been marginalised obviously...

Just like the terrorism we see. It is mainly because the poor buggers have been marginalised in our evil wretched societies giving them nothing but grief. Apart from the same opportunities and welfare benefits as everyone else.
        The fact these people even need to come to Europe is predominantly down do decades of terrible foreign policy by the West in the Middle East. But rather than recognise that, let's demonise other human beings for having the audacity to want to live in a country where there children can walk the streets without the fear of being shot or blown up.

The fact is, half the problems in the Middle East have been caused or worsened by the West (mainly the US of course but our hands are a long way from clean). 2 devastating wars in Iraq with little or no clean up, the same in Libya.......which is still totally lawless and a breeding ground for exactly the sort of fundamentalists that we are all terrified of. These 3 wars and the lawless, ungoverned territories that they have left behind are 100% the origins of ISIS. The fatherless children they left behind are exactly the same children that will grow up hating the west and strapping bombs to their chests.

If you want to take it back further, the formation of Israel (which was our idea), is without doubt the most devastating event for peace in the Middle East in recent history.

Furthermore, this type of reaction is exactly what the terrorists want. They want to destabilise previously tolerant and moderate societies. They want to create a divide between the muslim world and the everyone else. And guess what, people like you are giving them exactly what they want!

But let's not bother educating ourselves and recognising the facts. Let's hate people because of where they're from or what god they follow and shout and be angry. Let's badge it all up as national pride rather than call it the downright ignorance that it clearly is!
        Last edited by Tarbie; 02-11-2016, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          The fact these people even need to come to Europe is predominantly down do decades of terrible foreign policy by the West in the Middle East. But rather than recognise that, let's demonise other human beings for having the audacity to want to live in a country where there children can walk the streets without the fear of being shot or blown up.

The fact is, half the problems in the Middle East have been caused or worsened by the West (mainly the US of course but our hands are a long way from clean). 2 devastating wars in Iraq with little or no clean up, the same in Libya.......which is still totally lawless and a breeding ground for exactly the sort of fundamentalists that we are all terrified of. These 3 wars and the lawless, ungoverned territories that they have left behind are 100% the origins of ISIS. The fatherless children they left behind are exactly the same children that will grow up hating the west and strapping bombs to their chests.

If you want to take it back further, the formation of Israel (which was our idea), is without doubt the most devastating event for peace in the Middle East in recent history.

Furthermore, this type of reaction is exactly what the terrorists want. They want to destabilise previously tolerant and moderate societies. They want to create a divide between the muslim world and the everyone else. And guess what, people like you are giving them exactly what they want!

But let's not bother educating ourselves and recognising the facts. Let's hate people because of where they're from or what god they follow and shout and be angry. Let's badge it all up as national pride rather than call it the downright ignorance that it clearly is!
          I think you missed a glaring point of intergration into society and wanting there religion to be the most dominant

How do we face these issues with millions wanting there holy book to be dominant over others

Will they ever modernise the religion as many see it as them being uncle toms like Sadiq Khan stated if it were modernised

How does western values and there holy book advance together if one set of people don't want to advance

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
            I think you missed a glaring point of intergration into society and wanting there religion to be the most dominant

How do we face these issues with millions wanting there holy book to be dominant over others

Will they ever modernise the religion as many see it as them being uncle toms like Sadiq Khan stated if it were modernised

How does western values and there holy book advance together if one set of people don't want to advance
            I'm not going to disagree mate. Integration is a huge issue.

Look, I've said earlier in this thread that I don't want these guys in the UK myself. Totally selfish of me but I have family there and unless the government can 100% confirm that these refugees are of no threat to society, I'd rather they went somewhere else.

But they have to go somewhere. And they certainly don't deserve the blind hatred and xenophobia that some people think it's OK to display towards them. Quite frankly, most of these people have been through enough already.

Comment

I'm not going to disagree mate. Integration is a huge issue.

Look, I've said earlier in this thread that I don't want these guys in the UK myself. Totally selfish of me but I have family there and unless the government can 100% confirm that these refugees are of no threat to society, I'd rather they went somewhere else

But they have to go somewhere. And they certainly don't deserve the blind hatred and xenophobia that some people think it's OK to display towards them. Quite frankly, most of these people have been through enough already.
              I see very little hatred towards them in this country but see were you coming from but the same people who you say we should welcome have complete hatred for the west so you can't expect people being warm to people who obviously despise there way of life, it's not all but is the majority imo

Comment

I see very little hatred towards them in this country but see were you coming from but the same people who you say we should welcome have complete hatred for the west so you can't expect people being warm to people who obviously despise there way of life, it's not all but is the majority imo
                Did you really just say the majority of muslims despise our way of life?

Sorry mate, that's nonsense. Go chat to people in their 20's and 30's from Lebanon, Turkey, Jordan etc and you will see that their way of life (apart from bowing their heads 5 times a day) is not too far different from that of European people of the same age.

Hatred on both sides is something displayed only by the small majority. But unfortunately it doesn't take too much hate to cause a very big problem!

Comment

I understand what you are saying Tarbs, but where do you find hatred or ignorance toward individuals in what I have written here?
                  https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

I understand what you are saying Tarbs, but where do you find hatred or ignorance toward individuals in what I have written here?
                    The sarcastic "poor old them" comments mate. Like they're all out to steal from our welfare state.

These are people that have escaped a war mate. These are orphans, these are parents who have lost kids. People that have seen all sorts of atrocities that none of us in the West could even comprehend.

Comment

Did you really just say the majority of muslims despise our way of life?

Sorry mate, that's nonsense. Go chat to people in their 20's and 30's from Lebanon, Turkey, Jordan etc and you will see that their way of life (apart from bowing their heads 5 times a day) is not too far different from that of European people of the same age.

Hatred on both sides is something displayed only by the small majority. But unfortunately it doesn't take too much hate to cause a very big problem!
                      Im sure those you speak of like western values and are not practising there holy book as most do and this is were lies the problem as they want there religion to be dominant over others, this can't thrive side by side with western value as we are seeing, this is one of the issues with intergration as western values is not what they want but there holy books doctrines to dominate western values
                      Last edited by Dale; 02-11-2016, 09:54 AM.

Comment

The sarcastic "poor old them" comments mate. Like they're all out to steal from our welfare state.

These are people that have escaped a war mate. These are orphans, these are parents who have lost kids. People that have seen all sorts of atrocities that none of us in the West could even comprehend.
                        That was not the intention of my post. Think you need to read the context.
                        Someone argued that muslims are treated badly in France. I do not believe that is true.
                        The counter argument: "they are marginalised". That is why I replied as I did, because that's just bowlarks.
                        https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Im sure those you speak of like western values and are not practising there holy book as most do and this is were lies the problem as they want there religion to be dominant over others, this can't thrive side by side with western value as we are seeing, this is one of the issues with intergration as western values is not what they want but there holy books doctrines to dominate western values
                          They manage to thrive in a multi cultural society in Dubai and Abu Dhabi mate. Go over there and tell me that isn't a functioning society where people are (on the whole) tolerant to other cultures. It's clearly also thriving, the place literally stinks of money. Of course, it's not perfect but where is.

The fact that the UAE is this way is down to a zero tolerance policy on fundamentalism. They simply don't give visas to people who may be of that back ground. They also keep a very close check on any locals that may be that way inclined too.

Like I've said countless times. The issue isn't Islam or Christianity. The issue is religious fundamentalism.
                          Last edited by Tarbie; 02-11-2016, 09:59 AM.

Comment

That was not the intention of my post. Think you need to read the context.
                            Someone argued that muslims are treated badly in France. I do not believe that is true.
                            The counter argument: "they are marginalised". That is why I replied as I did, because that's just bowlarks.
                            Ok, in that case I apologise.

It's just a subject that I know a lot about and irks me when people say daft stuff without any concept of the bigger picture.
                            Last edited by Tarbie; 02-11-2016, 12:10 PM.

Comment

They manage to thrive in a multi cultural society in Dubai and Abu Dhabi mate. Go over there and tell me that isn't a functioning society where people are (on the whole) tolerant to other cultures. It's clearly also thriving, the place literally stinks of money. Of course, it's not perfect but where is.

The fact that the UAE is this way is down to a zero tolerance policy on fundamentalism. They simply don't give visas to people who may be of that back ground. They also keep a very close check on any locals that may be that way inclined too.

Like I've said countless times. The issue isn't Islam or Christianity. The issue is religious fundamentalism.

You ever thought it was down to there strict laws as to why the people there are so obidient

You can keep saying it ain't down to the religion but it is as it's down to what's in there holy books and how that practised and preached

Comment

You ever thought it was down to there strict laws as to why the people there are so obidient

You can keep saying it ain't down to the religion but it is as it's down to what's in there holy books and how that practised and preached
                                Mate, do you know how moderately the Quran is followed by most of the young people in places like Lebanon or Turkey? Many are Muslim more out of respect to their parents than out of choice. To suggest the strict, Sha'ria style islam that you are talking about is the norm is ridiculous. Maybe in Saudi or Iran (and to be honest with you a lot of those boys head to Dubai to party on the weekend). Globally, moderate muslims far outweigh the hardcore Wahabbi or Shi'ite type muslims that you are thinking of!
                                Last edited by Tarbie; 02-11-2016, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X