Club gives fleet of coaches to bring economic migrants from Calais

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
    I sure as hell wouldn't want to be a Muslim in France. They are despised and treated as second class citizens, even the ones who have been there from birth.
    Not sure if this is politically correct or not, but fortunately, I am not a muslim.

Comment

I sure as hell wouldn't want to be a Muslim in France. They are despised and treated as second class citizens, even the ones who have been there from birth.
      A very unfortunate truth in a lot of parts of France. The treatment from the population and government there is poor.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        A very unfortunate truth in a lot of parts of France. The treatment from the population and government there is poor.
        Howso? And feel free to use some stats.
        https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• Originally posted by Geng View Post
          Seems odd that we should demand Greece, as the country next to Syria, takes several million refugees while we take none.

and lol @ the idea of you staying in France if you didn't want to. Sure.
          As usual, you fail to understand the obvious.

Have I said anywhere that Greece should take them all? Or that we shouldn't be taking any?

And as for me "not staying in France if I didn't want to", who said anything about not wanting to? I would be very grateful to France if they were offering my family and myself safety if there was none in England.

You are a funny one. It was you that asked the question and phrased it in your own words. You then ask again as nobody has answered you. You get an honest answer and because you don't like it, accuse someone of lying.

If you had any credibility left at all, you've gone and lost a chunk more.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
            Now you've done it.

Comment

http://www.newstatesman.com/world/eu...m-france-today

One of many examples. Just a quote here:

Last year, the Muslim Council of France recorded 124 Islamophobic attacks and 305 threats – a 224 per cent rise on 2014 and the highest numbers on record. Incidents became noticeably more violent, it claimed, peaking after the shooting at the Charlie Hebdo offices in January, and the Paris attacks in November, last year.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                Now you've done it.
                I know, but I think they´ve got the whole thing upside down. "Muslims treated poorly by France". FFS.

Comment

I know, but I think they´ve got the whole thing upside down. "Muslims treated poorly by France". FFS.
                  Well, quite.

Can't work out why attacks on muslims would have increased after the Charlie Hebdo incident, or the Paris attacks in November.

All very odd.

Comment

Last year, the Muslim Council of France recorded 124 Islamophobic attacks and 305 threats – a 224 per cent rise on 2014 and the highest numbers on record. Incidents became noticeably more violent, it claimed, peaking after the shooting at the Charlie Hebdo offices in January, and the Paris attacks in November, last year.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-future-and-h/

Some perspective: "Reported anti-Semitic hate crimes in France have more than doubled from 423 in 2014 to 851 in 2015, according to numbers cited in the report “Breaking the Cycle of Violence: Countering Antisemitism and Extremism in France” released Jan. 7 by the group Human Rights First and authored by Corke."

Apparently they have more antisemitism then islamophobia 1% jewish population, 5% muslim population.

FFS
                    Last edited by 1QPRDK; 02-11-2016, 01:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                      Well, quite.

Can't work out why attacks on muslims would have increased after the Charlie Hebdo incident, or the Paris attacks in November.

All very odd.
                      any KKK activity doesn't lead to an increase in hate crime against the whole Christian belief system and nor should it. Yet extremist activity by people claiming to represent Islam is a remotely understandable excuse to attack Muslims?

If some goes and stabs someone in London, then claims they did it in the name of Islam, then someone else attacks me because I'm Muslim, would you say that's an understandable reaction?

Comment

• Originally posted by Geng View Post
                        I'd still like someone to answer this. I obviously wouldn't stop until I got where I wanted to...
                        I answered it, I wouldn't run anywhere its not the British way we stand and fight

Comment

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-future-and-h/

Some perspective: "Reported anti-Semitic hate crimes in France have more than doubled from 423 in 2014 to 851 in 2015, according to numbers cited in the report “Breaking the Cycle of Violence: Countering Antisemitism and Extremism in France” released Jan. 7 by the group Human Rights First and authored by Corke."

Apparently they have more antisemitism then islamophobia 1% jewish population, 5% muslim population.

FFS
                          And I don't condone the antisemitic attacks, but the fact that Jewish people unfortunately have to deal with a lot of issues doesn't mean that that the country treats Muslims well, it just means that Muslims and Jewish people deal with more issues than they should.

Comment

Why do you think that might be?

Comment

Answer me this, how many muslims have the french people slaughtered on the streets of france?

Comment

So there has been less "islamaphobic" attacks then islamic terrorist murders?
                                And you're worried about the way the french treat muslims?

Comment

Working...
                                X