Club gives fleet of coaches to bring economic migrants from Calais

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
    I dread to think what your daughter gets up to that means you're more worried about her than what a Syrian refugee has to worry about....
    Bit of a daft comment that. It's pretty well documented that there have been innocent people being raped and robbed near refugee camps across Europe.

Not saying that all of these refugees are bad people, clearly they aren't. But clearly some of them are, and worse than that they are desperate and have very little to live for. I can totally understand why much of the British public would rather they were sent somewhere else.
    Last edited by Tarbie; 01-11-2016, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Its also worth noting that this is a Hammersmith and Fulham Council led initiative that is being supported by QPR rather than just QPR bussing a load of refugees into the country and kicking them out at the top of South Africa Road.....

Comment

• Just another PR step to our brand new stadium...

Comment

• Originally posted by peterlund.dk View Post
          One could also argue that there seems to be a correlation between being a non-moaner and being a humanist.
          Or having an informed opinion based on an appraisal of the facts (Jimmy is rubbish/ these are only economic migrants, almost entirely men, jumping a queue and breaking the rules) and making a considered judgment on the basis of that opinion (Jimmy should have been sacked months ago/ we ought prioritise the needs of the really vulnerable, the men, women and children in refugee camps in the region, who are in danger, rather than reward those who have already, by their own efforts, found some place of safety). I'm not sure humanist is a claim that the fair minded can claim for one opinion. But, hey, offering a considered and informed objection to a piece of pointless virtue signalling, perhaps even offering a joke about it, is considered by the ill informed 'spewing hatred'.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            perhaps even offering a joke about it, is considered by the ill informed 'spewing hatred'.....
            Still hurting? poor baby. Maybe you could go boo the buses as they arrive? make yourself feel a little better?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
              Still hurting? poor baby.
              Not at all. As I've said, it's Dale I feel for who I think was unfairly traduced. I merely made a poor joke relating to the story, only to then make a mistake of talking politics in a football forum. Up to today I'd never heard of you, fella, or know of your opinions, so I personally haven't a problem and am really not hurting.

Comment

Or having an informed opinion based on an appraisal of the facts (Jimmy is rubbish/ these are only economic migrants, almost entirely men, jumping a queue and breaking the rules) and making a considered judgment on the basis of that opinion (Jimmy should have been sacked months ago/ we ought prioritise the needs of the really vulnerable, the men, women and children in refugee camps in the region, who are in danger, rather than reward those who have already, by their own efforts, found some place of safety). I'm not sure humanist is a claim that the fair minded can claim for one opinion. But, hey, offering a considered and informed objection to a piece of pointless virtue signalling, perhaps even offering a joke about it, is considered by the ill informed 'spewing hatred'.....
                Nicely argued - but I'll trade your 'virtue signalling' for your own 'confirmation bias' in this thread 77. Point of fact from a quick totting up, more than half of those supporting this move (in one form or another) are also in the JFH out camp. So although I like your rhetoric, I'd say it's not evidence based. In fact, it's highly selective. Choosing to cite the one example of anger - 'spewing hatred' - and then conflating that to include all those arguing from, what I would call (and you too perhaps), a more humane perspective. So no, I don't think you're any more informed than those you call 'ill informed'. In point of fact, all of the most ill-informed posts in this thread come from those opposing this move by the club - with Dale admirably leading the way.

I'm also fascinated that the positive posts in this thread come from all aspects of the political spectrum and a wide demographic. This fact alone gives me heart and hope for this site and for Rangers fans in general.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                  Nicely argued - but I'll trade your 'virtue signalling' for your own 'confirmation bias' in this thread 77. Point of fact from a quick totting up, more than half of those supporting this move (in one form or another) are also in the JFH out camp. So although I like your rhetoric, I'd say it's not evidence based. In fact, it's highly selective. Choosing to cite the one example of anger - 'spewing hatred' - and then conflating that to include all those arguing from, what I would call (and you too perhaps), a more humane perspective. So no, I don't think you're any more informed than those you call 'ill informed'. In point of fact, all of the most ill-informed posts in this thread come from those opposing this move by the club - with Dale admirably leading the way.

I'm also fascinated that the positive posts in this thread come from all aspects of the political spectrum and a wide demographic. This fact alone gives me heart and hope for this site and for Rangers fans in general.
                  Think you and I ought put the rope down, Hubble. We each have better things to do. I shouldn't have troubled replying to Peter.

Comment

Not at all. As I've said, it's Dale I feel for who I think was unfairly traduced. I merely made a poor joke relating to the story, only to then make a mistake of talking politics in a football forum. Up to today I'd never heard of you, fella, or know of your opinions, so I personally haven't a problem and am really not hurting.
                    I'm really impressed with how you use words like "traduced". Really puts me in my place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post

I ought say, for the record, the only person I think ill informed, is the person charging folk with 'spewing hatred'

Comment

• Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                        I dread to think what your daughter gets up to that means you're more worried about her than what a Syrian refugee has to worry about....
                        My daughter suffers with epilepsy and needs care and protection. Our nhs is clogged up with them complaining of made up illnesses to receive as much as they can in benefits. Will my daughter be given a new build council place and mobility motor before these low life ponces?All these lovies wanting to protect these 25 year old children should open their doors and take a few in themselves !!
                        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

I'm really impressed with how you use words like "traduced". Really puts me in my place.
                          That wasn't the intention, believe me. For good or ill it's how I speak.

Comment

That wasn't the intention, believe me. For good or ill it's how I speak.
                            I don't believe you but maybe I'm just ill informed.

Comment

• TF will be giving them season tickets as well. With our proper hardcore fanbase retreating in recent seasons, TF will have to fill the ground somehow I suppose...

Just didn't expect him to be filling it with middle eastern refugees...

Comment

Still hurting? poor baby. Maybe you could go boo the buses as they arrive? make yourself feel a little better?
                                Edited after the reply, eh? Perhaps you, or MYU, ought consider the fact that you, an administrator, it seems, are the person hurling personal abuse when I have simply objected to unfair, unwarranted (is it OK if I use that word?) charges you have made.

Comment

Working...
                                X