Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Club gives fleet of coaches to bring economic migrants from Calais

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • brightonr
    Banned
    • Mar 2009
    • 10922

    #271
    Originally posted by nanocopic
    I sure as hell wouldn't want to be a Muslim in France. They are despised and treated as second class citizens, even the ones who have been there from birth.
    Not sure if this is politically correct or not, but fortunately, I am not a muslim.

    Comment

    • nasser95
      Gold Seat
      • Dec 2012
      • 7216

      #272
      Originally posted by nanocopic
      I sure as hell wouldn't want to be a Muslim in France. They are despised and treated as second class citizens, even the ones who have been there from birth.
      A very unfortunate truth in a lot of parts of France. The treatment from the population and government there is poor.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

      Comment

      • 1QPRDK
        Silver Seat
        • Feb 2013
        • 2151

        #273
        Originally posted by nasser95
        A very unfortunate truth in a lot of parts of France. The treatment from the population and government there is poor.
        Howso? And feel free to use some stats.
        https://twitter.com/1qprdk

        Comment

        • brightonr
          Banned
          • Mar 2009
          • 10922

          #274
          Originally posted by Geng
          Seems odd that we should demand Greece, as the country next to Syria, takes several million refugees while we take none.

          and lol @ the idea of you staying in France if you didn't want to. Sure.
          As usual, you fail to understand the obvious.

          Have I said anywhere that Greece should take them all? Or that we shouldn't be taking any?

          And as for me "not staying in France if I didn't want to", who said anything about not wanting to? I would be very grateful to France if they were offering my family and myself safety if there was none in England.

          You are a funny one. It was you that asked the question and phrased it in your own words. You then ask again as nobody has answered you. You get an honest answer and because you don't like it, accuse someone of lying.

          If you had any credibility left at all, you've gone and lost a chunk more.

          Comment

          • brightonr
            Banned
            • Mar 2009
            • 10922

            #275
            Originally posted by 1QPRDK
            Howso? And feel free to use some stats.
            Now you've done it.

            Comment

            • nasser95
              Gold Seat
              • Dec 2012
              • 7216

              #276
              Originally posted by 1QPRDK
              Howso? And feel free to use some stats.
              As Europe faces the aftermath of another terrorist attack, anti-Islam rhetoric amplifies. Muslims in France share how it feels to be persecuted.


              One of many examples. Just a quote here:

              Last year, the Muslim Council of France recorded 124 Islamophobic attacks and 305 threats – a 224 per cent rise on 2014 and the highest numbers on record. Incidents became noticeably more violent, it claimed, peaking after the shooting at the Charlie Hebdo offices in January, and the Paris attacks in November, last year.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

              Comment

              • 1QPRDK
                Silver Seat
                • Feb 2013
                • 2151

                #277
                Originally posted by brightonr
                Now you've done it.
                I know, but I think they´ve got the whole thing upside down. "Muslims treated poorly by France". FFS.
                https://twitter.com/1qprdk

                Comment

                • brightonr
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 10922

                  #278
                  Originally posted by 1QPRDK
                  I know, but I think they´ve got the whole thing upside down. "Muslims treated poorly by France". FFS.
                  Well, quite.

                  Can't work out why attacks on muslims would have increased after the Charlie Hebdo incident, or the Paris attacks in November.

                  All very odd.

                  Comment

                  • 1QPRDK
                    Silver Seat
                    • Feb 2013
                    • 2151

                    #279
                    Originally posted by nasser95
                    http://www.newstatesman.com/world/eu...m-france-today

                    One of many examples. Just a quote here:
                    Last year, the Muslim Council of France recorded 124 Islamophobic attacks and 305 threats – a 224 per cent rise on 2014 and the highest numbers on record. Incidents became noticeably more violent, it claimed, peaking after the shooting at the Charlie Hebdo offices in January, and the Paris attacks in November, last year.

                    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-future-and-h/


                    Some perspective: "Reported anti-Semitic hate crimes in France have more than doubled from 423 in 2014 to 851 in 2015, according to numbers cited in the report “Breaking the Cycle of Violence: Countering Antisemitism and Extremism in France” released Jan. 7 by the group Human Rights First and authored by Corke."

                    Apparently they have more antisemitism then islamophobia 1% jewish population, 5% muslim population.

                    FFS
                    Last edited by 1QPRDK; 02-11-2016, 12:56 AM.
                    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

                    Comment

                    • nasser95
                      Gold Seat
                      • Dec 2012
                      • 7216

                      #280
                      Originally posted by brightonr
                      Well, quite.

                      Can't work out why attacks on muslims would have increased after the Charlie Hebdo incident, or the Paris attacks in November.

                      All very odd.
                      any KKK activity doesn't lead to an increase in hate crime against the whole Christian belief system and nor should it. Yet extremist activity by people claiming to represent Islam is a remotely understandable excuse to attack Muslims?

                      If some goes and stabs someone in London, then claims they did it in the name of Islam, then someone else attacks me because I'm Muslim, would you say that's an understandable reaction?
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

                      Comment

                      • gaza09
                        Bronze Seat
                        • Apr 2009
                        • 970

                        #281
                        Originally posted by Geng
                        I'd still like someone to answer this. I obviously wouldn't stop until I got where I wanted to...
                        I answered it, I wouldn't run anywhere its not the British way we stand and fight

                        Comment

                        • nasser95
                          Gold Seat
                          • Dec 2012
                          • 7216

                          #282
                          Originally posted by 1QPRDK
                          Last year, the Muslim Council of France recorded 124 Islamophobic attacks and 305 threats – a 224 per cent rise on 2014 and the highest numbers on record. Incidents became noticeably more violent, it claimed, peaking after the shooting at the Charlie Hebdo offices in January, and the Paris attacks in November, last year.

                          http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-future-and-h/


                          Some perspective: "Reported anti-Semitic hate crimes in France have more than doubled from 423 in 2014 to 851 in 2015, according to numbers cited in the report “Breaking the Cycle of Violence: Countering Antisemitism and Extremism in France” released Jan. 7 by the group Human Rights First and authored by Corke."

                          Apparently they have more antisemitism then islamophobia 1% jewish population, 5% muslim population.

                          FFS
                          And I don't condone the antisemitic attacks, but the fact that Jewish people unfortunately have to deal with a lot of issues doesn't mean that that the country treats Muslims well, it just means that Muslims and Jewish people deal with more issues than they should.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

                          Comment

                          • gaza09
                            Bronze Seat
                            • Apr 2009
                            • 970

                            #283
                            Originally posted by nanocopic
                            I sure as hell wouldn't want to be a Muslim in France. They are despised and treated as second class citizens, even the ones who have been there from birth.
                            Why do you think that might be?

                            Comment

                            • gaza09
                              Bronze Seat
                              • Apr 2009
                              • 970

                              #284
                              Originally posted by nasser95
                              A very unfortunate truth in a lot of parts of France. The treatment from the population and government there is poor.
                              Answer me this, how many muslims have the french people slaughtered on the streets of france?

                              Comment

                              • gaza09
                                Bronze Seat
                                • Apr 2009
                                • 970

                                #285
                                Originally posted by nasser95
                                http://www.newstatesman.com/world/eu...m-france-today

                                One of many examples. Just a quote here:
                                So there has been less "islamaphobic" attacks then islamic terrorist murders?
                                And you're worried about the way the french treat muslims?

                                Comment

                                Working...