No announcement yet.

Who should be our next manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howe would be my first choice with hoddle second.

Comment

• Originally posted by qblockoompah View Post
      Only one way to find out? Can't say he hasn't served his apprenticeship? Wonder what Eddie Howes record looked like before Bournemouth and Burnley?
      Who's he discovered though, unlike Howe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
        Have no idea tbh but who can you discover being manager of Newport?

Comment

And also Howe has discovered 1 player, not exactly Wenger is he!

Comment

And also Howe has discovered 1 player, not exactly Wenger is he!
            He brought through 3 Players: Austin, Ings and Vokes.

Comment

Only one way to find out? Can't say he hasn't served his apprenticeship? Wonder what Eddie Howes record looked like before Bournemouth and Burnley?
              Sorry mate but I couldn't disagree with you any more!!!

The last thing we want to become is a stepping stone for some rookie manager. I've said this before on another thread a while ago. But if we're to get a new manager he needs to be able to handle all the pressures of the "big stage" of the premiership- the fast/physical style of football, premiership players/managers, money, press, agents, different lifestyle etc etc etc

somehow I don't think "only one way to find out" will cut it.
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

3 Players: Austin, Ings and Vokes.
                Not a bad trio!

Comment

• Vokes was discovered before him. And austin was well known at Swindon so hardly discovered. Signed yes, discovered no

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                    Not a bad trio!
                    A few other promising players at Bournemouth now also, and within a shout of the play-offs on a very restricted budget.

Comment

Vokes was discovered before him. And austin was well known at Swindon so hardly discovered. Signed yes, discovered no
                      Yes, signed would be more accurate, but he was well aware of them when a player himself for Bournemouth. He did bring through Ings though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                        Sorry mate but I couldn't disagree with you any more!!!

The last thing we want to become is a stepping stone for some rookie manager. I've said this before on another thread a while ago. But if we're to get a new manager he needs to be able to handle all the pressures of the "big stage" of the premiership- the fast/physical style of football, premiership players/managers, money, press, agents, different lifestyle etc etc etc

somehow I don't think "only one way to find out" will cut it.
                        All fair points. And I literally just pulled a name out if the hat. Like most my top 2 would be Howe or hoddle but I just can't see it myself and we won't appoint Edinburgh in a million years just hope to god we don't go for another "name"
                        The point I'm trying to make is I want the club to be restructured from the bottom up, all teams from under 8s through to the first team all playing "the QPR way". And I want that QPR way to be playing proper football, and stick to it. I want us to give our own a chance. I want us to sign young untried players who just want a chance, ie the austins and ings of the world. And I want the manager be given the chance to do it his way eve if it takes 5 years. I want them to do a fergie. I want us to stop being hated one thing I loved as a kid is when told people who I supported people said ah fair play son I've always loved rangers. Instead of oh dear you've blown all that dough and you're awful

Comment

• ....and Howe actually tried to sign Austin when he was at Poole, before Swindon took him, but was unable to due to a transfer embargo.

Comment

....and Howe actually tried to sign Austin when he was at Poole, before Swindon took him.
                            Haha hands up you've done me. Genuinely think Howe would be our best signing in years. And if we went up with him he wouldn't be after the names we would get solid players like the Bradley Johnsons of this world IMO, would have him over Granero/Benayoun/Kranjcar every day of the week

Comment

• Wonder if Bournemouth would do a swap for HR?

Comment

• Would be great in the ccc not PL though.

So if we don't go up could be a blessing in disguise if we went for him. Would be refreshing getting a young vibrant manager as opposed to the dinosaurs we've employed in recent years bar Warnock.

Comment

Working...
                                X