No announcement yet.

Who should be our next manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suppose Malky MacKay would deserve it on merit, he has a good record and he is a good manager.
    Steve Clarke is a good tactician, working with Mourinho was a big plus for him and Jose rated him.
    Eddie Howie has a lot more potential, but I doubt he'd leave Bournemouth.

Half the short list is silly, why would you consider Glen Hoddle? He's not managed in years.
    Sherwood/Ferdinand? they can't run a football club between them lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
      I suppose Malky MacKay would deserve it on merit, he has a good record and he is a good manager.
      Steve Clarke is a good tactician, working with Mourinho was a big plus for him and Jose rated him.
      Eddie Howie has a lot more potential, but I doubt he'd leave Bournemouth.

Half the short list is silly, why would you consider Glen Hoddle? He's not managed in years.

Sherwood/Ferdinand? they can't run a football club between them lol.
      Mackay had alot of money to spend at Cardiff and the football was never great there...efficient and stubborn but not entertaining.

Steve Clarke, like di Matteo and Zola are chelsea through and through so no thanks.

I think if eddie Howe was given the chance to manage us he might take it.With a new training ground, new stadium, and decent funds he'd have here, there would be an opportunity for him to build something special.He's also a localish boy... Amersham, originally.

Glenn Hoddle hasn't managed in years, but has done a good job elsewhere, and was still coaching up until a cpl of yrs ago, so won't be out of touch.

Sherwood has improved spurs so far, shown good man management, shown faith in youngsters and has them playing some decent stuff.Yes he's still inexperienced and will make mistakes, But he's not under pressure from us to get top 4, add to that he will have sir Les next to him who knows our club inside out.

Comment

• Malkie MacKay will be the Norwich manager before long mark my words
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Roberto Di Matteo for me
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Di matteo or OGS (If given time ).He Will be sacked at Cardiff very soon now, I expect.

On the list I voted for Di Matteo.To me, It seems like has got it all as a manager.
            Last edited by Shania; 25-02-2014, 10:22 AM.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

• IF HR is replaced we need to bring someone in who's got experience, someone ideally who's managed in the top flight. IMO we don't want a young manager who's relatively new to management. We don't want to be the team that is used as a stepping stone in someone's CV. We need someone who knows the game who will build and develop our young player's, but also has an eye for decent experienced player's.
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Very difficult question. I would have said Poyet but he is now with Sunderland and generally doing well so not available.

Laudrup could be a good shout. Swansea played very good football under him and only started to come unstuck after a very public spat with the board. However hardly long established in this country.

Di Matteo had a great part season as caretaker at Chelsea but that's about it. Would be a punt that could go either way.

Mackay very well thought of but not the most exciting football.

Probably those three best of bunch on those likely to be available.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                  Very difficult question. I would have said Poyet but he is now with Sunderland and generally doing well so not available.

Laudrup could be a good shout. Swansea played very good football under him and only started to come unstuck after a very public spat with the board. However hardly long established in this country.

Di Matteo had a great part season as caretaker at Chelsea but that's about it. Would be a punt that could go either way.

Mackay very well thought of but not the most exciting football.

Probably those three best of bunch on those likely to be available.

He also did really well at West Brom imo.. They built that organisation to become an PL-club in a way that really impressed me. Di Matteo is also my first chioce but maybe we all hesitate just because the way Laudrup got sacked. He might actually be the perfect match for QPR with his way of playing football, a way that most of us want QPR to play! Also, he's young and not with a lot of "friends" in these leauges, imo that is a good thing! The more I think of it, I probably gave Di Matteo my vote a bit too quick.
                  Last edited by erikmata; 25-02-2014, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• I'm not sure what's going on with him up at Leeds after getting sacked and re-hired in a day but I rate McDermott at this level. Could do a good job in the prem with a better squad than what he had at Reading last year.

Comment

• Malky Mackay= hoof ball

Comment

• Originally posted by andover66 View Post
                        Malky Mackay= hoof ball
                        I'm amazed that anyone imagines he would be the answer. Awful shout.

The fact that at the time of writing he leads the poll makes me seriously wonder whether people have any understanding at all about the game. If you want a dour old skool, Moyes style manager, MM is your man. In other words the total opposite of the club's ethos at the time of its greatest success.
                        Last edited by hal9thou; 26-02-2014, 01:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          Thinking ahead here..... hopefully someone at the club is thinking long term, post Harry. I reckon we should be looking at someone a fair bit younger who can do three things. Tactically you want someone who understands the way the game is changing and can set up a side according to what is in front of them, hate to say it but him down the road is a master at that, did it at Inter, did it tonight (stacked 4-2-4, ie 4-2-4-0), they should've won that 0-4. You want someone who can motivate. And you want someone who isn't afraid of bringing youngsters through. For me, this decision is the most important facing the club, far more so than facilities or stadia, and we should be thinking about it now. We have to get it right this time round. (An example: the difference between Moyes and Martinez is the difference between old school and new school. Martinez is far more flexible, far less likely to sit on a 1-0 even in the last couple of minutes away, can get a side comfortable with three or four at the back etc etc)

Vincenzo Montella is an interesting candidate, the right age and he has a strong win percentage with Fiorentina, knows his tactics.... I like Klopp but if he doesn't stay at BD he's destined for a big appointment. Who would you go for (realistically)? Any Brits?
                          Yeah nice post. When you think we last had a manager who was remotely creative tactically? De Canio? I know we played good football but I can't remember how good we were in that era at switching things up mid-game.

When we played Norwich in our first season down (Bradley Johnson / Barton game), after the sending off Lambert switched to a 343 to overload our full-backs. Warnock didn't know wtf to do. Clint Hill scream at Warnock to do something. Norwich scored not long after. I remembered thinking at the time the football nerd in me would really enjoy having a manager like Lambert of Martinez in charge of us for once.

Comment

• I also have to doubt everyone saying fans want nice football, "the QPR way", that sort of thing. Look at the slating Little Tom gets when he tries to pass it to feet rather than ping it over the top and out for a goal kick a la Joey. I'm not saying Carroll is better than Barton or keen on starting this debate; my point is about mindset of our fans. Will we honestly be able to tolerate Laudrup football, and especially the teething pains getting there, with a squad used to Warnock, Hughes and Redknapp? I hope so, and I'd be happy to try. Just don't expect our fans to sit there cooing over our return to traditional attacking ways if we stop winning

Comment

• Originally posted by andover66 View Post
                              Malky Mackay= hoof ball
                              Finally...someone speaking sense!

Comment

• Interesting table so far...
                                1. Mackay
                                2. Hoddle
                                3. Di Matteo
                                4. Redknapp
                                5. Eddie Howe
                                6. Warnock