Sack Warbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post
    If you had actually read my post you'll see that i said he has steadied the ship but in my opinion he can't take us any further.
    I have enjoyed some of the football under Warbs , certainly better than Hasslebaink and Holloway , as for average squad , has beens , no money etc etc . He is the one that has assembled that squad .
    I would prefer to try someone else now , a younger manager with new ideas a bit more positive thinking
    What do you mean we are achieving way above where we should be ??
    Surely promotion is what we should be aiming for and all i can see is us sliding towards mid table the way it's going.
    Are you happy being a mid table championship club ? i'm not i want us challenging for promotion and i would be prepared to change manager every year if it meant improving the performances .
    I know it does'nt work out that well being a QPR fan for 51 years , they always let us down but at least try and go for it , rather than settle for mediocrity .
    But we are not a mid table side - we are currently challenging for promotion! And our performances are improving year on year… the last thing we have been this season is mediocre!

Comment

I think the problem lies in what's gone wrong , Ive had some great way trips reading , Brum , derby , Coventry and some rubbish ones pboro x 2 , Millwall . Warburton can't put his finger on what's gone wrong if he could he'd surely change it . I've read hundreds of posts , read hundreds of formations and how we should set up and play . Drop him start him blah blah . Fact is no one can explain how we've gone from good to dire . Odd thing is if we turn up against looton and forest all will be forgiven

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

But we are not a mid table side - we are currently challenging for promotion! And our performances are improving year on year… the last thing we have been this season is mediocre!
        We will be mid table in a few weeks. Our form is dire and we don't look like improving anytime soon , we've got a lot of difficult games coming up and bar Peterborough at home i can't see us winning any of them.
        I hope you are right and we can get back in the play off picture and Warburton can prove me wrong .
        I honestly believe this season has been our best chance for years to get promoted because it is such a poor division , with Fulham the only decent side , every year the teams that come down will have such an advantage with their parachute payments as the gulf between the premier league and championship is getting bigger with the Premier teams buying all the best championship players to warm their subs bench.

Comment

Sack Warbs then, and bring back Holloway!

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post

We will be mid table in a few weeks. Our form is dire and we don't look like improving anytime soon , we've got a lot of difficult games coming up and bar Peterborough at home i can't see us winning any of them.
            I hope you are right and we can get back in the play off picture and Warburton can prove me wrong .
            I honestly believe this season has been our best chance for years to get promoted because it is such a poor division , with Fulham the only decent side , every year the teams that come down will have such an advantage with their parachute payments as the gulf between the premier league and championship is getting bigger with the Premier teams buying all the best championship players to warm their subs bench.
            I don’t think we will beat pboro turned us over twice lost 2-1 at fools drew at Bournemouth as pi££ poor as there away form is we’ve been bang average lately nobody getting hold of a game and dictating it. Players need to stand up and be counted something ain’t right in dressing room imo and we missed out in Jan by not getting a forward on loan up front is our main issue simply been shocking returns from strikers however by not playing with width also not helped them that’s for warbs to sort but having no full backs fit consistently is half his issue as well

Comment

I find this topic pathetic & some sad prat’s on here

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                I find this topic pathetic & some sad prat’s on here
                Have your say then Jeff, which side of the fence are you sitting on? For him or against him? Just as a matter of interest mate

Comment

MW has strengths and weaknesses -- all coaches do.

Assuming QPR doesn't gain promotion this season, the big question for QPR moving forward starts with/about MW and the front office.

Is MW the manager to not only steady us but propel us into the PL?
                  Have we been tactically weak?
                  Are we still committed to advancing the prospects of younger players?
                  What do we do about aging players who've shown they're no longer up to par?

These are legitimate questions, and any opinions offered should not be judged harshly but openly.

We all want the same thing. A team that plays its guts out, a manager that gives it all without obfuscating the truth, and a front office that's dedicated to continue building a winner.

With all that said, proud to be a QPR fan.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                    Sack Warbs then, and bring back Holloway!
                    At last, the voice of reason. What I was thinking but didn't dare say it.

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post

You are entitled to your opinion , but so is everybody else, it may be reactive, brain dead and stupid in your opinion, but it is how they feelOn the other point about people knowing nothing about football, I wouldn't like to try and count the years that folk on here have been watching this club, I have 52 myself I know of at least 5 others that have over 50 years, then if you add it the 20, 30 40 yearers in you quickly start to get an awful lot of years and and awful lot of knowledge, just maybe take a minute or two to let that fact sink in

Well said Kev.

Yes, it is about opinions and we all mostly have different views on some things.

Yes, we lack knowledge from the inside of the game, but that doesn't mean we lack in knowing how to read a game, set teams up, select tactics, formation etc.

MW is an honest and likable man and some of our football over the last few years has been a joy to watch. We have improved year on year too. However, I think he may have taken us as far as he can.

If after the next 5 games we have struggled and slipped further down the table I think his time may be up. Remember a few weeks ago the comment from Ferdinand about MW not wanting to sign another striker? Perhaps that was his way of saying that things aren't all well between them and that MW has put his head on the block if it backfires on him.

Results today were not too unkind for QPR. Draws for Middlesboro, Millwall & Stoke as well as WBA & Huddersfield last night. Defeats for Blackburn & Sheff Utd.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

At last, the voice of reason. What I was thinking but didn't dare say it.
                        Hey, if we dont like tippy tappy football, Tony Pulis is available too!

Comment

You are entitled to your opinion , but so is everybody else, it may be reactive, brain dead and stupid in your opinion, but it is how they feelOn the other point about people knowing nothing about football, I wouldn't like to try and count the years that folk on here have been watching this club, I have 52 myself I know of at least 5 others that have over 50 years, then if you add it the 20, 30 40 yearers in you quickly start to get an awful lot of years and and awful lot of knowledge, just maybe take a minute or two to let that fact sink in
                          53 years for me, First game was March 1969, I’ve been to about 1000 games home and away, roughly 20 a season, much preferred Football before all seater stadiums and Sky.
                          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Over 40 years watching for me, I am damaged and my opinion means nothing!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

Gator, mate, 40 years, your opinion does mean something, blood sweat and plenty of tears!!

Comment

Says the man who compares Warbs to Bill Shankley, Bob Paisley, Matt Busby, Alex Ferguson , Kenny Dalgliesh, Jürgen Klopp, Pep Guardiola, Jose Maurino… .

Like many, very quick to moan and #### off… but hey ho, I just hope the staff at QPR never read these posts.

Just for the record, 54 years home and away… and i live in the Midlands.

Comment

Working...
                                X