No announcement yet.

Sack Warbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie Austin, Andre Gray, Stefan Johansen and to a lesser degree Lyndon Dykes have let Queens Park Rangers down this season,

Others haven’t. Chris Willock and Jimmy Dunne have been brilliant.

Gray is a fuc king disgrace of being a professional.

I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
      This forum is a VERY small snapshot of QPR fans, let's be brutally honest on that.
      However I was in the stadium for the game yesterday and and there was a palpable atmosphere of desperation about the place believe me!!
      I believe that now , regrettably, the majority of QPR fans believe that his days are numbered, that's my honest opinion.
      Just chatting to some of them before during and after the game, the underlying sentiment pointed to this, I know quite a few " hard core" fans who go home and away season after season, and even they indicated their unhappiness with MW and feel a change is needed.
      I can only tell it how I saw and heard it, but trust me it was very real
      Exactly Kev. That’s the majority view.

I’m so disappointed and frustrated that it has to come to this.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than we beat Luton and it shuts me up but somehow I don’t think that will happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post

Exactly Kev. That’s the majority view.

I’m so disappointed and frustrated that it has to come to this.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than we beat Luton and it shuts me up but somehow I don’t think that will happen!
        We all want that mate!!!

The win against Luton, not you shutting up!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by xHARVINHOx View Post
          Personally, I think he’s done an amazing job to get us where we are at the moment without the financial capabilities, think how Bournemouth are etc. Spent all this money and only third, us and Blackburn have spent barely anything and fighting against the top teams, I personally believe you’re very wrong!
          The difference being Bournemouth are getting promoted and us and Blackburn are going to drop out of the play offs.
          In my view Bournemouth done the right thing, their form had dipped so they spent some money on some quality players for this level . If it goes wrong for them and they miss out on promotion , they only have to sell one player out of Solanke, Billing or Lloyd Kelly and that will cover everything they spent in January window.
          We brought Sanderson in and Warburton didn't even play him until Dickie was suspended , Dickie should have been dropped weeks ago , terrible defender. We also brought in Hendrick , when we didn't even need a midfielder, we're stacked up with them , we needed a pacey forward and at least one good wingback. I know this isn't all Warbs fault as our owners don't want to invest anymore money into the club and i'm pretty sure are even taking a little back of what they lost in the silly spending years.

Comment

We've been far slower going forward this season, compared to last.
            ​I know we lost eze but we used to counter so much quicker .
            Earlier balls in to the box, and that was how Warbs used to say he judged our performance, not on possession.
            So I don't get why we are so slow and sideways this season Btw no we should not sack him, he has improved us season on season, even when we lose our best players.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
              Charlie Austin, Andre Gray, Stefan Johansen and to a lesser degree Lyndon Dykes have let Queens Park Rangers down this season,

Others haven’t. Chris Willock and Jimmy Dunne have been brilliant.

Gray is a fuc king disgrace of being a professional.

Agree with most of the above but although Gray has obviously got a bad attitude , you've got to understand his frustration of not getting through balls or balls into the box when he's making runs , the same can be said of Austin and Dykes as well , also playing with one forward is harder for them to run around as they aren't getting any younger, it's the way we are playing with all this tippy tappy crap. If you put enough balls into the box Austin and Gray will score goals

Comment

Apart from giving the whole squad the chance to play a part, getting the new manager in now will also give him time to assess the squad and test the individual player`s character before the next transfer window opens. Imo that is ....
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Used to back warbs then I heard him say that Johansen had been tremendous , it might of been against Millwall . Knew then that he'd lost the plot

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                    Used to back warbs then I heard him say that Johansen had been tremendous , it might of been against Millwall . Knew then that he'd lost the plot
                    I think my jaw dropped at that as well mate, pretty sure I posted it out on here at the time

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      Earlier balls in to the box, and that was how Warbs used to say he judged our performance, not on possession.
                      So I don't get why we are so slow and sideways this season Btw no we should not sack him, he has improved us season on season, even when we lose our best players.
                      Actually had a bloke have a go at me on Saturday after we conceded the first when I said the reason we have been losing games the last few months is the slow ponderous build up with 20 passes across the back and no urgency in our attacking play, and he tried to lecture me that we are no Man City and does he expect us to hoof the ball up field and because we are still(amazingly)in the top 5 everything is rosy.
                      Deluded if he thinks if we continue like we are that we will finish in a play off spot.

Comment

I just want to have a real go at teams in the remaining fixtures . Move it from defence to midfield quickly . Get the players to find space and get it to willock , chair and uncle . They in turn need to run at defenders and take them on . If we lose the ball doing this so what keep doing it . I don't want to watch 15 passes across the line in our own half . Players need to take risks on the pitch in the opposition half . We need to make chances for the strikers

Comment

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/mark...tford-rangers/

Comment

What a good article.

I don't like those that have a go at Warbs on a personal level, he's always been honest and I think he knows his limitations, and goes about things the right way, I think he cares about the clubs he works at, at least he cares about the team. Some of his decision making hasn't been great of course, and you wonder if his lack of any kind of playing career means it's hard for him to read the game when things aren't working.

That vibe we had end of last year and beginning of this season was amazing, hopefully he can get it back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                              Yes, we are moving the ball forward slower than in the 2nd half of last season, We are also only playing with one striker as opposed to two, and have gone back to how we played in the 1st half of last season. It isn't working and it's down to MW. No one else's fault.

I agree he has improved us in each season, but think this is as good as it will get with him. Whether he stays on or not will depend on what ambition the owners have for the club. If it is to be a top half Championship side then yes, he could stay on.

I have to say that so far, many fans myself included, have enjoyed a relegation threat free season. Are we content with this for the next few seasons? I guess if we see the likes of Huddersfield, Blackburn, Luton challenging and maybe even winning promotion whilst we hovver around the play offs without making them, we will soon be unhappy with our lot.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

What a good article.

I don't like those that have a go at Warbs on a personal level, he's always been honest and I think he knows his limitations, and goes about things the right way, I think he cares about the clubs he works at, at least he cares about the team. Some of his decision making hasn't been great of course, and you wonder if his lack of any kind of playing career means it's hard for him to read the game when things aren't working.

That vibe we had end of last year and beginning of this season was amazing, hopefully he can get it back on track.
                                Totally agree Top,I honestly do like the man, he is always very open and honest, but that doesn't make up for his definate lack of tactical nous at times, but yes he is obviously intelligence and articulate, and there's a lot to like about the man, maybe not so much as a football manager

Comment

Working...
                                X