No announcement yet.

Sack Warbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hendrick and Johansen together not good , no pace . Slow the game down and go backwards and sideways to often

Comment

• The bottom line is the past six weeks have not been a “blip” but a “bust”.

Maybe we’ve gone as far as we can go with our squad and budget this year.

Dykes and Dieng remain out, and many of the older players look like they’ve worn out, while virtually every team we’re fighting for the playoffs look faster, fitter, and fiercer.

What’s not fair is MW now taking aim at the many fans who’ve commented on this current swoon.

MW wants to keep playing Stefan and Hendrick over Amos and Dozzell. Many think it’s wrong, that the vets have slowed down our game and increasingly dimmed our chances.

MW wants to keep playing Dickie whose second half form (versus his impressive first) has been poor. Many want to see a change with Sanderson, Ball.

MW has recently opted to keep first teamers with pace and finesse (Thomas, Albert) on the bench. Many disagree.

Whether or not we make the cut for the playoffs, we clearly are not the same team we were, and fans who cheer for them, bleed for them, travel for them, are legitimately feeling down about it.

Instead of turning on the fans, MW, how ‘bout turning up the heat on our opponents in the final 9 games. Win or lose, we’d be good with that

Comment

• His substitutions show that he really doesn’t get it.

He conceded defeat as soon as he made those substitutions instead of bringing Adomah on to run at their defence.

I bet we will see a similar line up and bench against Peterborough.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          His substitutions show that he really doesn’t get it.

He conceded defeat as soon as he made those substitutions instead of bringing Adomah on to run at their defence.

I bet we will see a similar line up and bench against Peterborough.
          Can see Peterborough doing a number on us again they only seem to beat us

Comment

• Post match he has targeted 2 points per game to get into the play offs, the man's dreaming, I would be amazed if this team and this manager hit 2 points per game for the rest of the season, just can't see it, we are a broken unit now it seems to me, with the teams we have left to play and the way we are performing, and the bizarre tactics and substitutions, it's not going to happen

Comment

• He’s not had the best of times since the NY . Hendrick signing, not getting a no.10. Bad substitutions , no strikers in some games , willock LWB to name some . I also remember him saying he wanted pace in team last year and he would look at that for this season . He hasn’t done so and it shows in results now!! That’s quite a list really so maybe he has gone as far as he can. Out of all the play off chasing sides we are the ones in by far the worst form

Comment

• It's as simple as those substitutions cost us the game, because the highlight deficiencies in the team pretty much everywhere.

Our GK's are good, i really like Marshall and Seny, not much to say. Both have some faults but mainly positives.

We can't play wingbacks without wingbacks.

Our central defenders are actually pretty good but need protection from the midfield (just limiting exposure and coming to get ball / make themselves available for the ball in forward positions.

Our midfield is where the biggest problems are and this is entirely down to Warbs selection and tactics. Stef and Hendrick are not crap players but they are not playing well in this system, that needs the ball to move forward quickly, not slowly building or moving sideways. When they try and move the ball forward they lack options because they simply aren't there, so it relies on someone to run with the ball. Which is why players like Amos, Dozzell, Albert and Willock are necessary in the team, as they'll do it. Hendrick slows down play, Stef flicks it away. Niether have any pace.

Up front same old story for me, strikers are ok at this level but pointless if we don't get them the ball, they are all poachers. Chair shows what he can do if he passed more often, but ultimately the guys disappears, he needs to be the link between the midfield and strikers but he does not have the presence to to do it, only jump on opportunities and every now and then show a bit of class, largely ineffective.

The bones of a team is there but it is being squandered by the manager. It worked for a fair while but this run of form is far too long and should have been halted a while ago, considering how good we can be. 6th is still bloody good and an improvement but the manner of how we are here shows we are not ready to be pushing on, even though I think with some tactical adjustments and a couple of signings we would be.

For me, I was on the fence about Warbs until that double substitution last night. That showed me that he is definitely missing something , how to read the game, how to effect a game, how to bring out the best in players during the match, how to acknowledge weakness and strengths in the squad, how to set a team up. Some or all of the above. I get why he brought one of them on, wouldn't have done it but Forest were really coming at us, he wanted stability in the middle of the park. But he did so before giving the players on the pitch a chance to respond, when he brings on one of those two, he thinks he's giving us a shield but what we needed was another outlet for the ball.

Comment

• It won't happen, but he should go at the end of the season. His formation doesn't work with the players we have. We need a standard 442. How Field gets away without criticism is shocking. He offers nothing defensively and nothing going forward. MW is out of his depth. He done the same at Forest and Brentford; he got them into good positions then imploded. History repeating itself.

He's done well, but enough is enough. He's not the only manager that will work within a small budget and bring through youth, which recently He hasn't done anyway.

I'd rather see our U23s than Stefan and Hendrick. Pathetic pair.

Comment

• Got to wait until the end of the season still 9 games to go things can change, but with the position we were in at end of January and we don't finish in the top 6, the club have to make a decision, I will happily go along with what they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macca View Post
                      Got to wait until the end of the season still 9 games to go things can change, but with the position we were in at end of January and we don't finish in the top 6, the club have to make a decision, I will happily go along with what they do.
                      I think we'll keep him, generate some cash with player sales and bring in some younger legs.

We would have put a lot of cash into Austin's wages and that signing just hasnt given the returns. Dykes has never got going since being wrecked by Scotland earlier in the season. We've had injuries at wing backs too.

It's very difficult to maintain form on a limited budget let alone the key issues above.

The bigger question is not should we sack him but who would replace him!! I think we've got a good manager who needs another refresh of the squad.
                      Last edited by SheepRanger; 17-03-2022, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• No matter what we all say, it's a distinct possibility that if we make the playoffs the board will see this as progress enough to keep him on for at least next season, and up to a point they will be right, he has progressed the team since he has been here, but it's an undeniable fact that he has tactically hit the wall at the moment, he has responded badly to the dipping in form and has not really done too much differently.
                        if he gets a longer go at it, he should be made to listen to others when it comes to bringing in new players, ie Les Ferdinand, he obviously saw the need to bring in a striker in January but he turned that down saying he was happy with what he had, which was ludicrous.
                        We definitely need youth and energy in midfield and a tactical change in the way we play out from the back, it's way too slow at the moment, we need some ballers who can get the ball and move it forward quickly
                        We could well be at this stage next season saying what a dynamic young team we have got, but it will mean that this manager will need a DNA transplant I fear!!

Comment

• Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                          No matter what we all say, it's a distinct possibility that if we make the playoffs the board will see this as progress enough to keep him on for at least next season, and up to a point they will be right, he has progressed the team since he has been here, but it's an undeniable fact that he has tactically hit the wall at the moment, he has responded badly to the dipping in form and has not really done too much differently.
                          if he gets a longer go at it, he should be made to listen to others when it comes to bringing in new players, ie Les Ferdinand, he obviously saw the need to bring in a striker in January but he turned that down saying he was happy with what he had, which was ludicrous.
                          We definitely need youth and energy in midfield and a tactical change in the way we play out from the back, it's way too slow at the moment, we need some ballers who can get the ball and move it forward quickly
                          We could well be at this stage next season saying what a dynamic young team we have got, but it will mean that this manager will need a DNA transplant I fear!!
                          Good post! I’ve said previously that Warbs seems to lack that real winning instinct. He seems lost. We have lost 4 out of the last 5 and we were very fortunate against Luton.

The wheels have come off and whilst I don’t want to see him sacked this season, I hope Lee and Les are seriously looking at alternatives for next season!

Comment

• It not fine margins to have such erratic runs of form during MW tenure

.Managers are exactly like players, most move on after 3 year contracts.

MW has had 3 years and was given funds,he can have no complaints when he is replaced.

Comment

• IMO, Warburton is not up to it tactically, nor when it comes to game-management. His substitution last night really baffled me. Why play Stefan and Jeff Hendrick whose both totally of form and way too slow even when fit.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

• Still waiting for names for a possible replacement. Otherwise his sacking is a waste of time.....

Comment

Working...
                                X