Sack Warbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I need to catch up with things.

I seem to remember, not so long ago, there were those clamouring for him to be given a new, better, contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
      Sorry, I need to catch up with things.

I seem to remember, not so long ago, there were those clamouring for him to be given a new, better, contract.
      Football is a results driven business otherwise managers would stay in their jobs for ever!

Our results and performances of late have been nothing short of unacceptable.

The manager has been backed in both transfer windows without having to sell anyone.

The division is arguably the weakest it’s been in years and we are wasting an incredible opportunity for at least a play off place

Warburtons negative demeanour appears to be rubbing on to the players. His monotone style is onerous to listen to.

He is stubborn and slow to change things.

Of course, if we were winning then we would all be saying he’s a hero but the truth is we have been woeful, complacent and disjointed

Football is all about opinions and I would never criticise anyone for theirs

I pay good money to go including trains, food etc its a small fortune and I am entitled to critique. You could say, don’t go then and obviously that’s an option.

Anyway, back to my point. Football is a results driven business, Warbs has been backed, the players look demotivated and the division is weak. No excuses.

We need to change it and it could galvanise us. Look at Forest with Cooper, Boro with Wilder. We need to do the same in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post

Football is a results driven business otherwise managers would stay in their jobs for ever!

Our results and performances of late have been nothing short of unacceptable.

The manager has been backed in both transfer windows without having to sell anyone.

The division is arguably the weakest it’s been in years and we are wasting an incredible opportunity for at least a play off place

Warburtons negative demeanour appears to be rubbing on to the players. His monotone style is onerous to listen to.

He is stubborn and slow to change things.

Of course, if we were winning then we would all be saying he’s a hero but the truth is we have been woeful, complacent and disjointed

Football is all about opinions and I would never criticise anyone for theirs

I pay good money to go including trains, food etc its a small fortune and I am entitled to critique. You could say, don’t go then and obviously that’s an option.

Anyway, back to my point. Football is a results driven business, Warbs has been backed, the players look demotivated and the division is weak. No excuses.

We need to change it and it could galvanise us. Look at Forest with Cooper, Boro with Wilder. We need to do the same in my opinion
        Don't ever stop going to games mate,it's not cheap , I know that , and when you know beforehand that the team is going to struggle it's hard to take, but win or lose there is nothing like being in a football crowd with thousands of like minded people, best thing ever, in my humble opinion

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post

Don't ever stop going to games mate,it's not cheap , I know that , and when you know beforehand that the team is going to struggle it's hard to take, but win or lose there is nothing like being in a football crowd with thousands of like minded people, best thing ever, in my humble opinion
          Totally agree Kev. Not sure about you mate whilst it can ruin my weekend/night etc, a couple of days later I seem to be full of optimism again. If I was married to QPR we’d have been divorced long ago!

Im going to Luton next Sunday, hopefully Warbs/the players turn up!

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post

Totally agree Kev. Not sure about you mate whilst it can ruin my weekend/night etc, a couple of days later I seem to be full of optimism again. If I was married to QPR we’d have been divorced long ago!

Im going to Luton next Sunday, hopefully Warbs/the players turn up!
            Yeah, it affects me for a day or two as well, but there's always the next one!! That's the great thing about it

Comment

His philosophy of keeping the ball so they can't score is unquestionable. When we sneak a goal we hope to dominate possession so they can't score. Seems logical? Therin lies the problem. When the opposition score, we have no plan B, no sideline impetus to change it up.

The man has one plan and one plan only. If we fail to reach the top 6, or scrape through and inevitably mess it up, there is only one man to blame - MW. We were within spitting distance of second place! Unbelievable what has happened.

He can blame the players all he wants, but he trains them, picks them, lays out the tactics and formation and is the only one who can make a change during a game. He is showing why Brentford, Rangers & Forest got shot of him.

Comment

If we sack him now we have nothing to lose , if we keep him we are going to slide down the league to probably below half way.
                The man is a city trader who came into football late and in my view , tactically naive , which is why he has no plan B and continues to play the same formations all he time.
                Obviously a lot of managers are out of our reach with our limited budget etc but i would like us to go for a younger upcoming manager with modern ideas , even a foreign manager .
                The managers at Oxford and M K Dons are a couple who get their teams playing decent football and scoring goals and i think would do a decent job , if they would come.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000

Couple of managers available at the moment -:

Daniel Farke
                  Chris Hughton
                  Valérien Ismaël
                  Neil Warnock - end of the season perhaps?

Personally I feel these are better options than Warburton, Hughton done a great job at Brighton and got them up, Farke did a good job with Norwich until he got sacked, Ismael perhaps might be the best fit for us, considering what he did at Barnsley.

There are a few options out there who I do think we could consider.
                  Genuinely think that we would see a positive reaction if any of the 4 came in.

I wonder what Amit makes of it all, just seen on Twitter that he’s bitterly disappointed with the performance and result yesterday.

Comment

Farke maybe a good shout
                    Houghton and Warnock would get us organised and hard to beat but they are just same old recycled managers that go from club to club , i would rather see a younger up and coming manager with new ideas.
                    Ishmael would be hard to watch , with long balls , long throws etc and did'nt do such a good job at West brom.

Comment

I was at the game, and as soon as Gray missed the chance to make it 2-0 , I said we needed to score those, because we can easily concede 2 or 3 the way we play. And lo and behold, within 10 minutes or so we were 1-2 down. Albeit, the 1st was a blatant foul on Dickie and possibly should not have conceded the free kick as there was little in it compared to the former challenge.

What irritated me most was the lack of subs to change the game even when we were leading (the Gray chance was the only one created in the 2nd half).
                      We can all see that Willock and Chair are not at their best when both start and that the back 3 have become ponderous and predictable.

As for the subs (and those named on the bench), how were those going to get us back in the game?

We need an equaliser, so take off an attacker for a midfielder. Swap wingbacks and then take off a CDM for another one, Give me strength??

Why did he not name some attackers from the U23s? Cardiff did, played them and they blooming well scored.
                      I would have at least brought on McCallum as a winger. He has strength, pace and a goal or two in his play.

That was a pathetic way to surrender our top 6 place which is very likely after the following midweek fixtures are completed:

Blackburn v Millwall
                      Coventry v Luton
                      Sheff Utd v Middlesboro

If we somehow stay in them we will be out after Saturday and doubt very much that will get a win at Luton in another live Sky TV game on Sunday to get back in.

I agree with much of what has been written about MW and our form/ style of play over the last 3 months. Clubs know exactly what is on 'our tin' and manage us quite well.
                      He doesn't like to change things around much and apart from his mini experiment of no strikers (which baffled most fans) has stuck to his guns.

If we were to sack him (extremely doubtful) I would get Farke in. Yes, I think Warnock might get some upturn in results, but it could just as easily back fire as his tactics might not suit the squad assembled by Warburton. Hughton would be far too negative which is why he failed at Forest.

I do think that if as it is beginning to look, QPR finish out of the top 6, Warburton may be gone at the end of the season. He is not developing our young players (farming them out on loan is not necessarily doing that). Masterson for one, could have been playing in the team or on the bench. Duke-McKenna should also have featured in the match day squad rather than out on loan. I still think a few cameo sub appearances for the Sinclair Armstrong or Kargbo could be better than the U23 games. As I haaid before, other clubs (including Cardiff ) include teenagers in their squads, whereas MW would rather just name 5 on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        I was at the game, and as soon as Gray missed the chance to make it 2-0 , I said we needed to score those, because we can easily concede 2 or 3 the way we play. And lo and behold, within 10 minutes or so we were 1-2 down. Albeit, the 1st was a blatant foul on Dickie and possibly should not have conceded the free kick as there was little in it compared to the former challenge.

What irritated me most was the lack of subs to change the game even when we were leading (the Gray chance was the only one created in the 2nd half).
                        We can all see that Willock and Chair are not at their best when both start and that the back 3 have become ponderous and predictable.

As for the subs (and those named on the bench), how were those going to get us back in the game?

We need an equaliser, so take off an attacker for a midfielder. Swap wingbacks and then take off a CDM for another one, Give me strength??

Why did he not name some attackers from the U23s? Cardiff did, played them and they blooming well scored.
                        I would have at least brought on McCallum as a winger. He has strength, pace and a goal or two in his play.

That was a pathetic way to surrender our top 6 place which is very likely after the following midweek fixtures are completed:

Blackburn v Millwall
                        Coventry v Luton
                        Sheff Utd v Middlesboro

If we somehow stay in them we will be out after Saturday and doubt very much that will get a win at Luton in another live Sky TV game on Sunday to get back in.

I agree with much of what has been written about MW and our form/ style of play over the last 3 months. Clubs know exactly what is on 'our tin' and manage us quite well.
                        He doesn't like to change things around much and apart from his mini experiment of no strikers (which baffled most fans) has stuck to his guns.

If we were to sack him (extremely doubtful) I would get Farke in. Yes, I think Warnock might get some upturn in results, but it could just as easily back fire as his tactics might not suit the squad assembled by Warburton. Hughton would be far too negative which is why he failed at Forest.

I do think that if as it is beginning to look, QPR finish out of the top 6, Warburton may be gone at the end of the season. He is not developing our young players (farming them out on loan is not necessarily doing that). Masterson for one, could have been playing in the team or on the bench. Duke-McKenna should also have featured in the match day squad rather than out on loan. I still think a few cameo sub appearances for the Sinclair Armstrong or Kargbo could be better than the U23 games. As I haaid before, other clubs (including Cardiff ) include teenagers in their squads, whereas MW would rather just name 5 on the bench.
                        Best post of the day!

Agree with all of the above

Comment

No point sacking him him, unless he is solely esponsible for the transfers in and out. But he is condemed by his own words when he stated in the after match interview to parapharase Warburton "we were slow off the mark and didn't press on in the second half" in which case why didnt he start subbing earlier with clear instructions to the team? Also as alluded to previously not convinced with the regruitmentin over the last two periods talk about the sick, lame and lazy? I realise money is tight but a bit more from the younger hungrier football league and less from the older eproffesionals please, who seem to only keep the physio in work ....

Comment

Personally, I think he’s done an amazing job to get us where we are at the moment without the financial capabilities, think how Bournemouth are etc. Spent all this money and only third, us and Blackburn have spent barely anything and fighting against the top teams, I personally believe you’re very wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by xHARVINHOx View Post
                              Personally, I think he’s done an amazing job to get us where we are at the moment without the financial capabilities, think how Bournemouth are etc. Spent all this money and only third, us and Blackburn have spent barely anything and fighting against the top teams, I personally believe you’re very wrong!
                              Well, I personally believe you’re very wrong!

It’s time for a change in my opinion.

The board have backed him in both transfer windows and our performances/results have been unacceptable.

Comment

This forum is a VERY small snapshot of QPR fans, let's be brutally honest on that.
                                However I was in the stadium for the game yesterday and and there was a palpable atmosphere of desperation about the place believe me!!
                                I believe that now , regrettably, the majority of QPR fans believe that his days are numbered, that's my honest opinion.
                                Just chatting to some of them before during and after the game, the underlying sentiment pointed to this, I know quite a few " hard core" fans who go home and away season after season, and even they indicated their unhappiness with MW and feel a change is needed.
                                I can only tell it how I saw and heard it, but trust me it was very real

Comment

Working...
                                X