Troy Deeney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    id like to know who are the far many more better options? I think the price is ridiculous at 10 mill best I think west explained it perfectly with the housing prices example. Its just the way market is at present.
    We all know its to much but if you want to move and buy in this market its what you got to pay.
    But mate I think I answered that point. To follow your analogy if the prices are crazy in Shepherds Bush, you move to Perivale or wherever. Ditto with players: I know it goes against the interests of the national team, but thinking about QPR and who we can get for what, we have to go shopping for foreign players rather than British ones. Not what any of us would want ideally but it would be financial suicide to spend £10m on a journeyman Championship striker with no top flight experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post
      Agree totally.

Personally, if they're gonna blow £10m, i'd rather a cheeeky bid for Hernandez at Utd. Been out of favour and lacked form last year so may be surplus and available for a lower amount. If playing regularly im sure would find the lethal form he initially showed at Utd. He has some of the best movement of any striker in the prem imo.
      Would love him if realistic tho suspect he might be more like 15m (Bony is being quoted at £20m). But you are right there is probably a striker at one of the top clubs who has slipped down the pecking order as all the big clubs want at least one shiny new striker every summer. That's the kind of pedigree we need. I know Cisse went sour but he did have that proven Prem experience that gave us hope, he looked like scoring (when he was motived at the start of his time with us).

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        But mate I think I answered that point. To follow your analogy if the prices are crazy in Shepherds Bush, you move to Perivale or wherever. Ditto with players: I know it goes against the interests of the national team, but thinking about QPR and who we can get for what, we have to go shopping for foreign players rather than British ones. Not what any of us would want ideally but it would be financial suicide to spend £10m on a journeyman Championship striker with no top flight experience.
        This exactly. The club should have scouts/representatives all round the world to do this. For £10m you will be able to get plenty of better strikers than Troy Deeney. If you get priced out of the English market you go abroad. The Ajax lad at £5 million is an example who is likely to be a better player than Deeney yet at half the price.

Comment

• All i know is that I need to change jobs and be a agent. 5 % of any deal. Deeneys agent must be pinching himself.

Comment

• campblee having medical at palace now

Comment

• We've got one striker with zilch prem form, one who can't do 90m, Deeney is unproven and over priced so we'll probably add him.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                We've got one striker with zilch prem form, one who can't do 90m, Deeney is unproven and over priced so we'll probably add him.
                Always so positive and happy..

Comment

• Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                  Does it?
                  let go proven world class striker for £9M bring in an unproven championship striker for the same money?
                  I know who I'd rather have If Deeney comes price should be no more than what Charlie cost £4-5 m
                  Sorry, my sarcasm clearly didn't translate :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Always so positive and happy..
                    Must be like one of those cartoon characters with a raincloud permanently over his head

Comment

• well

troy deeney has scored 45 goals in two seassons hes another paul furlong he is only just 25 years of age,hes a gutsy player who goes into the dangererous places
                      if he can score 20 goals a season and keep away from injury then he is worth ten million all day long this danish striker that everybody is talking about last season scored ten goals in the dutch league so in the prem hes a 5 goals a season man
                      troy isnt comming to qpr for the money he wants to score loads of goals hes right in his peak,if we can now go to norwich and give them 7 million for leroy then we really do have a tough looking team and yes we can stay up if we keep on putting these type of players into our squad
                      harry has done brilliant keeping this out of the newspapersw so we dont get competition for his signiture
                      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

• Grabban - 22 goals last season...£3m to Norwich

Deeney - should be no more than £5-6m tops (2 seasons of average 20 goals)

Comment

• I'd prefer Gary Hooper. He'd be cheaper and has Premier League experience.

Comment

• He might be a bit overpriced but he won't want massive wages , will see it as a step up in his career by joining us and if we do get relegated he is a proven goalscorer in the Championship to get us back up so for me it's a no brainier

I would would rather we went for players like this than players like Defoe , Crouch
                            We Are The People.....

Comment

• I would welcome the signing of Deeney. I don't rate him in terms of quality but I do rate him in terms of attitude. I don't believe he is the type of player to go missing when we are getting a good tonking at the Etihad and believe that he would not start looking towards his agent if we are at the bottom of the league come Christmas. The guy is a battler and we have one big battle coming up. He has what is required to become lauded in the loft IMO.

Comment

• Why are we all so bothered it ain't our money?

Comment

Working...
                                X