• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
    Sorry, ned. Traore isn't small. Need some creativity
    Agreed, and some pace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      Would be a quality signing. Quick, strong and has a great shot on him. I couldn't care less about lack of PL experience - Bobby Zamora is there for that.
      Yep agree with you . The ice man hasn't got any prem experience either and I bet if Troy played in the Dutch league he'd have a similar scoring record . Always liked the look of deeny very powerful and quick . Exciting signing

Comment

• Originally posted by Geng View Post
        yep. anywhere else in Europe £8m gets you a much, much better/more accomplished player than Deeney
        Really? I would bet only Remy fits that category in the last few years.

Comment

Really? I would bet only Remy fits that category in the last few years.

Seriously..... You think Remy is the only player to fit the "Better quality foreign player than Deeney for £8m" catagory.....???

There will be an infinite number of players far more proven than Deeney, many at international level who would transfer for less than than £8m.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
            Any idea where he is on his way to? If he's off to Tescos I'm running short on kurly kale.
            Just lost some of my Old Speckled Hen through my nostrils laughing at that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              Might be in the minority here but I don't want Deeney. If we were in the Championship, maybe. But I'm not convinced he will be good enough for the Prem.
              I agree with you. Watford want between £8-10M for him and for a 26 year old with not top flight experience I think that is too much.

I'd rather go for Hooper for around half that. He may not have scored many for norwich last season, but I think that says more for a negative side he was playing for rather than his ability.

Comment

• I posted these a few days ago. My brother picked up a player from Hertfordshire to take to HQ.

Comment

Would be a quality signing. Quick, strong and has a great shot on him. I couldn't care less about lack of PL experience - Bobby Zamora is there for that.
                  erm, two wrongs don't make a right. Big time.

Comment

• A good striker will score goals at what ever level he plays at providing he gets the service.......

Comment

• As I said on another thread, he will keep the oppo CB's on their toes and they won't push to high on us knowing he has pace

Comment

• Sorry to go on about it, but it wont matter who comes if they don't get the ball in the right places.

There is no evidence whatsoever that the current squad is capable of providing quality service. The last decent set up we had came from Derby's back line.

Forget strikers. We have our own back line sorted. Now we need to do the same for the mid park, particular attack wise. Cart before horse.

Comment

• If this happens, a good signing IMHO. Crystal Palace showed last season what can be achieved with a team of unfancied home-grown players. This is building for the future, whilst having a core of real experience to see us through the first season back up. Starting to feel good now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                            Might be in the minority here but I don't want Deeney. If we were in the Championship, maybe. But I'm not convinced he will be good enough for the Prem.
                            I'm with you.
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Once upon a time Sir Les was deemed not good enough and was farmed out on lone, the rest is history !

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                                I'm with you.
                                And I am with you. Got a pal and his brother who are Watford season ticket holders. They question whether Deeney will start for them next season given they have better options up front ironically from abroad.

Austin is unproven at the top level and may struggle. Hard work comes second to goals in terms of priority. Austin is a better striker/goalscorer than Deeney so if Austin struggles for goals then Deeney certainly will. So on that logic how can anyone want to sign him especially for 2 and a half times the amount of money we paid for Austin? We need to sign players that improve the side and Troy Deeney is not one of those.
                                Last edited by SammyKojoe; 24-07-2014, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X