Troy Deeney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
    At 29, Holt, Lambert even Gary Taylor Fletcher started making there mark in the top flight, I always find myself saying, "I wish we had taken a chance on.........." The guy has scored all types of goals, I prefer Rhodes but sometimes you have to take a chance,
    Lambert is an 'exception to the rule'. Holt and GTF? Not in the same league as Lambert.

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
      More fool Sunderland.
      Agree 100% but just demonstrating the current inflated market rate

Think Deeney would be a real handful in top flight would be a poor mans Drogba and he has a nasty streak which we lacked last time up

Comment

Frazier Campbell is 26, scored good goals in the premier League and is available for less than £1m.

Surely he's a better punt than Deeney?

Comment

Get him in..just suppose he has a blinder of a season and scores like Remy does...what would the return be on 8m if the big boys come ?

Comment

Maybe some people are strange? I can't speak for others. If at 26 people are still suggesting someone has potential after plying their trade for many years then I don't believe they know what potential in footballing years mean. All a matter of opinions.
            Are you genuinely serious. they reckon the best years of a strikers career are from 27, 28 on wards. You can always improve your game and become a better player with age. Players play until their mid 30's now you cant write them off at 25 thats just a joke. Austin will be 25 when he gets his first crack at prem football, hes played lower league all his career so he aint good enough because hes not established.

Comment

Deeney has always been a decent goalscorer and seems committed and hungry for success. Bring him in

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                they are numbers and yes 18 - 22 years old have potential but so do 24, 25 or 26 year olds. You saying charlie hasnt got the potential to make the step up? Deeney has potential but its down to him to make it count if he gets the opportunity, as it is for rhodes if he evert akes the leap. Some players dont mature until later and reach their true potential to late twenties.
                I cannot see Charlie scoring many as I don't think he has what is needed to make the step up; same as Troy. I want to be proven wrong though. Troy is not better than Charlie so £8m is a joke. If all true obviously!

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                  Frazier Campbell is 26, scored good goals in the premier League and is available for less than £1m.

Surely he's a better punt than Deeney?
                  I concur.

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                    Deeney has always been a decent goalscorer and seems committed and hungry for success. Bring him in
                    What makes him seem committed and hungry for success? What does that look like?

Comment

I cannot see Charlie scoring many as I don't think he has what is needed to make the step up; same as Troy. I want to be proven wrong though. Troy is not better than Charlie so £8m is a joke. If all true obviously!
                      Am i reading that right? You dont think charlie is good enough for the premiership? (in other words)

Comment

We are just going to agree we are far apart on this theory. Think charlie will be more than comfortable and will get 10 - 15 goals which is more than respectable for a club like us. Also wouldn't write anyone of whos aged between 25 + who hasnt been given a chance to play at that level before.

Comment

8m is crazy money. We decide to stop paying ridiculous wages and instead we start paying ott transfer fees.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                            Are you genuinely serious. they reckon the best years of a strikers career are from 27, 28 on wards. You can always improve your game and become a better player with age. Players play until their mid 30's now you cant write them off at 25 thats just a joke. Austin will be 25 when he gets his first crack at prem football, hes played lower league all his career so he aint good enough because hes not established.
                            Can one be genuinely serious? Who are "they"? I'm not writing anyone off. He's worth £8m? That's the joke in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Am i reading that right? You dont think charlie is good enough for the premiership? (in other words)
                              It is a possibility. Either way badly need someone up top who can do some damage.

The other worry is the quality of service, without that it wont matter who plays up there. There has been no word on any incoming attacking midfielders, and we're exposed in that area. Especially if Adel really is on the way out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                I don't think he'll be a goal machine no. If he gets to 10 it'll be an amazing season for him and us; I just don't see him getting 10 and if Charlie can't get 10 then Troy will be lucky to get 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X