Troy Deeney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
    And I am with you. Got a pal and his brother who are Watford season ticket holders. They question whether Deeney will start for them next season given they have better options up front ironically from abroad.

Austin is unproven at the top level and may struggle. Hard work comes second to goals in terms of priority. Austin is a better striker/goalscorer than Deeney so if Austin struggles for goals then Deeney certainly will. So on that logic how can anyone want to sign him especially for 2 and a half times the amount of money we paid for Austin? We need to sign players that improve the side and Troy Deeney is not one of those.
    He improves the current side as at the moment none of the strikers have any pace
    We Are The People.....

Comment

• I don't believe the nonsense that championship players can't make the step up to prem league. We signed lower league players all the time until it was rebranded to the premier league. Don't believe the hype, the premier league ain't all that.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
        erm, two wrongs don't make a right. Big time.
        Each to their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
          Trust the manager how about that?
          Oh here he goes again with the usual tosh about leaving it to manager to do his job and trust the manager c.rap.
          This is a forum where people are allowed to give their opinions on players. Don't come on here if don't like it. Part of the fun, where you can dislike a player and get proven wrong or like a player and maybe again get proven wrong.

Anyway I like Deeney to join us. Think he could quality (lets hope im not proven wrong!!).
          Problem is the rumour is Leicester are in talks with him so who knows
          'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post
            Seriously..... You think Remy is the only player to fit the "Better quality foreign player than Deeney for £8m" catagory.....???

There will be an infinite number of players far more proven than Deeney, many at international level who would transfer for less than than £8m.
            I probably didn't explain my point clearly enough. In the PL, how many strikers have come in under £8m in the last few years of any real class (discounting on a free)?

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
              Sorry to go on about it, but it wont matter who comes if they don't get the ball in the right places.

There is no evidence whatsoever that the current squad is capable of providing quality service. The last decent set up we had came from Derby's back line.

Forget strikers. We have our own back line sorted. Now we need to do the same for the mid park, particular attack wise. Cart before horse.
              I agree about service but we have 2 strikers so that is a priority, especially if Charlie gets injured. Ideally we get them all in now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post
                Seriously..... You think Remy is the only player to fit the "Better quality foreign player than Deeney for £8m" catagory.....???

There will be an infinite number of players far more proven than Deeney, many at international level who would transfer for less than than £8m.
                That's quite a big number - are you sure there is that many

Comment

• Originally posted by qprvoyager10 View Post
                  Oh here he goes again with the usual tosh about leaving it to manager to do his job and trust the manager c.rap.
                  This is a forum where people are allowed to give their opinions on players. Don't come on here if don't like it. Part of the fun, where you can dislike a player and get proven wrong or like a player and maybe again get proven wrong.

Anyway I like Deeney to join us. Think he could quality (lets hope im not proven wrong!!).
                  Problem is the rumour is Leicester are in talks with him so who knows

What a w*****

Comment

• Originally posted by Jogo View Post
                    I don't believe the nonsense that championship players can't make the step up to prem league. We signed lower league players all the time until it was rebranded to the premier league. Don't believe the hype, the premier league ain't all that.
                    I have no problem with signing Championship or League 1 players, I just dont think paying £8-10M for them is good value. If they accept £4-5M plus add ons Deeney could be worth a gamble, but £10m up front is not.

Comment

• Let's have it right, no one is really saying we don't want Deeney, he'd be a good addition to the squad.

However, the value on his head is ridiculous. We're probably looking at paying at least 8 million for him. Personally, I'd rather spend an extra few million and buy someone who is worth that amount, Hernandez from United for example.

Also, we could look to the loan market abroad and do a lot better business. Loans are brilliant business if used correctly, look at the way Everton go about their business.

What's the 'dream' so to speak? Sustain ourselves as a Premier League club. I may be proved wrong but for me, Deeney is a Championship player at best. We'll be paying a huge fee for him and probably on around 40k a week, four year deal. If we achieve our status, I'd be absolutely amazed if Deeney was still in our first team squad in two years time, meaning we have a 28 year old striker on big wages compared to a Championship club and we'd struggle to move him on.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        I have no problem with signing Championship or League 1 players, I just dont think paying £8-10M for them is good value. If they accept £4-5M plus add ons Deeney could be worth a gamble, but £10m up front is not.
                        I have to say I agree with you on the price factor. Just a sad fact that we may have to stump up £8m to get Deeney.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          I have to say I agree with you on the price factor. Just a sad fact that we may have to stump up £8m to get Deeney.
                          I agree and if you look to spend another £4m it will only get you Fabio Borini.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                            Let's have it right, no one is really saying we don't want Deeney, he'd be a good addition to the squad.

However, the value on his head is ridiculous. We're probably looking at paying at least 8 million for him. Personally, I'd rather spend an extra few million and buy someone who is worth that amount, Hernandez from United for example.

Also, we could look to the loan market abroad and do a lot better business. Loans are brilliant business if used correctly, look at the way Everton go about their business.

What's the 'dream' so to speak? Sustain ourselves as a Premier League club. I may be proved wrong but for me, Deeney is a Championship player at best. We'll be paying a huge fee for him and probably on around 40k a week, four year deal. If we achieve our status, I'd be absolutely amazed if Deeney was still in our first team squad in two years time, meaning we have a 28 year old striker on big wages compared to a Championship club and we'd struggle to move him on.
                            IF we stay up with Deeney, why would he then be out of the first team squad !!? Surely he would be part of what kept us up? Also, another PL team might want him as he is then "PL experienced".

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              IF we stay up with Deeney, why would he then be out of the first team squad !!? Surely he would be part of what kept us up? Also, another PL team might want him as he is then "PL experienced".
                              So we're just meant to standstill and not improve the team? Added to the fact Harry will play with Charlie up front and a number 10, 99% of the time, I seriously doubt Deeney will get many starts unless Charlie is injured, which is another reason paying the fee is madness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                                So we're just meant to standstill and not improve the team? Added to the fact Harry will play with Charlie up front and a number 10, 99% of the time, I seriously doubt Deeney will get many starts unless Charlie is injured, which is another reason paying the fee is madness.
                                I think you're missing my point. I'll just agree that the fee is ludicrous!

Comment

Working...
                                X