No announcement yet.

Troy Deeney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a thought if we are willing to spend 8.5mil on a player why not test Burnley for Danny Ings?

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
      Deeney 10m - Remy 8.5 m

No brainer... Deeney isn't worth half of Remy
      Remy's sale value isn't his worth though is it. It's the fee we agreed he could be sold for if he agreed to sign for us... There's no point in comparing the toe because there is no comparison....

Comment

• Originally posted by Geng View Post
        LOL

well to start with Deeney actually played a few times last year. 24 goals in 44 games vs Zamora's 3 in 17, mostly trundling around as a sub.

Don't let two decent sub appearances and one good finish fool you, the guy was a complete waste of a squad space last season. Ridiculous to compare Zamora to someone who played every week and scored at the same rate as Charlie Austin.

(not that I think Deeney is worth this money; I don't. I just think history is being rewritten about a 99% useless player)
        I didn't mean performance wise, I meant as in there playing persona.

Deeney is a big lump, with next to no pace. We already have Charlie and Bobby who are of similar ilk. We need someone who is a poacher and or has a bit of pace.

Saying that, I think it's nailed on Harry is going to play 3-5-1-1 next season, so a big lump will suit that style. However, it's almost guaranteed and rightly so, that Charlie will be leading the line, so spending £10 million on a someone who isn't worth half of that and is 99% of the time going to be on the bench is madness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
          Remy's sale value isn't his worth though is it. It's the fee we agreed he could be sold for if he agreed to sign for us... There's no point in comparing the toe because there is no comparison....

You are so so right there is no comparison between deeney and Remy .. Remy is an international who has scored in the top flights in England and France

Deeney isn't even a prolific striker.. He has scored 92 in 296 matches compared to Austin's 162 in 266...

If deeney is worth 10 mil Charlie is probably worth £35 mil

TF save your money and look elsewhere

Comment

• Originally posted by Fordy View Post
            Just a thought if we are willing to spend 8.5mil on a player why not test Burnley for Danny Ings?
            Really? Based on one season at Championship level! Another player who isn't worth any more than 5 million max.

Plus Burnley aren't going to sell, unless it's a big club that Ings wants to leave for. No team in the Premiership nowadays 'needs' the money from transfer sales, so basically everyone out of the top 6 or 7 will only sell players if stupid money is offered or the player really wants the move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
              Really? Based on one season at Championship level! Another player who isn't worth any more than 5 million max.

Plus Burnley aren't going to sell, unless it's a big club that Ings wants to leave for. No team in the Premiership nowadays 'needs' the money from transfer sales, so basically everyone out of the top 6 or 7 will only sell players if stupid money is offered or the player really wants the move.
              If you've seen Ings play you can tell he's a quality player and more than just a goal scorer, they probably won't sell that's why I used the word TEST. I don't think you get it mate. These players might not be worth the amount they're going for but that's the market. We only got Charlie cheap because he just failed a medical at Hull. Unless a player has got a release clause teams can ask for whatever they want and this window looks like every one is over priced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                There's no point in comparing the toe because there is no comparison....
                Ok how about fingers? Personally I think Deeny has better fingers than Remy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                  Ok how about fingers? Personally I think Deeny has better fingers than Remy.
                  i reckon deeney has better fingers than cesar..
                  PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                    If you've seen Ings play you can tell he's a quality player and more than just a goal scorer, they probably won't sell that's why I used the word TEST. I don't think you get it mate. These players might not be worth the amount they're going for but that's the market. We only got Charlie cheap because he just failed a medical at Hull. Unless a player has got a release clause teams can ask for whatever they want and this window looks like every one is over priced.
                    I don't get what exactly? Paying massively over the odds?

"That's the market". No, that's the British market! Always has been and always will be a massive waste of money and that my friend, is the reason Premier League clubs buy abroad.

People constantly moan about our spending, yet they want to spunk millions just because it's 'the market'.

You're also wrong regarding Charlie. We got him cheap due to his contract only having a year left.

Comment

• Burnley fan reckons Charlie was bought for £1.8m due to the failed medical at Hull, personally I'd go the extra mile and get a proven striker like Rhodes
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                        Burnley fan reckons Charlie was bought for £1.8m due to the failed medical at Hull, personally I'd go the extra mile and get a proven striker like Rhodes
                        £1.8 million, no chance. Burnley would have been better off keeping him and risk losing him for free.

Rhodes proven? Never played a game at Premier League level.

Comment

I didn't mean performance wise, I meant as in there playing persona.

Deeney is a big lump, with next to no pace. We already have Charlie and Bobby who are of similar ilk. We need someone who is a poacher and or has a bit of pace.

Saying that, I think it's nailed on Harry is going to play 3-5-1-1 next season, so a big lump will suit that style. However, it's almost guaranteed and rightly so, that Charlie will be leading the line, so spending £10 million on a someone who isn't worth half of that and is 99% of the time going to be on the bench is madness.
                          yep all good points, fair enough. same sort of worry with the Icelandic guy too - looks pretty similar to Austin

Comment

I don't get what exactly? Paying massively over the odds?

"That's the market". No, that's the British market! Always has been and always will be a massive waste of money and that my friend, is the reason Premier League clubs buy abroad.

People constantly moan about our spending, yet they want to spunk millions just because it's 'the market'.

You're also wrong regarding Charlie. We got him cheap due to his contract only having a year left.
                            yep. anywhere else in Europe £8m gets you a much, much better/more accomplished player than Deeney

also, people need to realise just how outrageous our wages are compared to the rest of the world. raphael varane, france's starting CB, is apparently on £24k at real madrid

Comment

• Troy Deeney

Looks to be on his way so I'm told. Believe what you will but this is from a bloke who very rarely gets things wrong. Good source.

Comment

• More "Booooomimg".
                                I love Boom threads. Lets hope hes right.

Comment

Working...
                                X