Troy Deeney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by coneysboots View Post
    True, but Remy isn't worth 8.5m. It's only his release clause for a top four club, that means we won't get hid true value, which must be 15-20m.
    I don't know how many times this needs explaining!! As coneysboots says we had no choice, the release clause was one of the only reasons we got him in the first place.

Comment

• Ricky Van Wolfswinkel played quite well in Spain but what did happen to him when he sat his foot on English soil, really?? Not "Worth a punt", I guess.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

• I can't actually believe some of the comments on here. "I don't rate him in terms of quality but I do rate him in terms of attitude."!!!!!! We're talking about paying £10 million for this lad, not £100k!

Also preferring Deeney to Defoe! Really?! Defoe is actually bang on the type of striker we need right now, a poacher type goalscorer. What does Deeney offer that Charlie and Bobby don't? Nothing.

Comment

• No it doesn't need explaining as I think I have enough neurones to get it but we bought him for £8 mil...

Troy deeney for £10 mil... You are having a giraffe

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
            Ricky Van Wolfswinkel played quite well in Spain but what did happen to him when he sat his foot on English soil, really?? Not "Worth a punt", I guess.
            RVW has never played in Spain. Portugal I think you mean, which is about the level of League One over here apart from a few clubs.

Comment

• Oh and no frickin is he worth 2 mil more than caulker

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                I can't actually believe some of the comments on here. "I don't rate him in terms of quality but I do rate him in terms of attitude."!!!!!! We're talking about paying £10 million for this lad, not £100k!

Also preferring Deeney to Defoe! Really?! Defoe is actually bang on the type of striker we need right now, a poacher type goalscorer. What does Deeney offer that Charlie and Bobby don't? Nothing.
                Ain't having that mate.

Comment

RVW has never played in Spain. Portugal I think you mean, which is about the level of League One over here apart from a few clubs.
                  Thanks. You are spot on.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

• Get that guiedtte ( spelling) youngster of man city
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

• actually a reasonable shout that leighsie!
                      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

It was Germany he played in wasnt it? Wolfsburg or someone like that?
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                          It was Germany he played in wasnt it? Wolfsburg or someone like that?
                          Your confusing his name with Wolfsburg...he never played in Germany...he played in Holland and Portugal.

Comment

I can't actually believe some of the comments on here. "I don't rate him in terms of quality but I do rate him in terms of attitude."!!!!!! We're talking about paying £10 million for this lad, not £100k!

LOL

well to start with Deeney actually played a few times last year. 24 goals in 44 games vs Zamora's 3 in 17, mostly trundling around as a sub.

Don't let two decent sub appearances and one good finish fool you, the guy was a complete waste of a squad space last season. Ridiculous to compare Zamora to someone who played every week and scored at the same rate as Charlie Austin.

(not that I think Deeney is worth this money; I don't. I just think history is being rewritten about a 99% useless player)

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
                              Deeney 10m - Remy 8.5 m

No brainer... Deeney isn't worth half of Remy
                              Even so, there were not too many takers for Remy, even though he was a "bargain". Perhaps the fact that he wants 80-90 thousand a week has something to do with it.

When dealing with a transfer, everything needs to be considered not only the transfer fee, but also wages. For example a 5 year contract at Liverpool for Remy will cost them about 16 mllion pounds. In 5 years he will be 32.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geng View Post
                                LOL

well to start with Deeney actually played a few times last year. 24 goals in 44 games vs Zamora's 3 in 17, mostly trundling around as a sub.

Don't let two decent sub appearances and one good finish fool you, the guy was a complete waste of a squad space last season. Ridiculous to compare Zamora to someone who played every week and scored at the same rate as Charlie Austin.

(not that I think Deeney is worth this money; I don't. I just think history is being rewritten about a 99% useless player)
                                I'll forever love Bobby for THAT goal but as you say every man and his dog were slating him before he sorted himself out abit towards the end of the season. I remember going to Forest away and witnessing the worst performance I've seen from a professional footballer.

Comment

Working...
                                X