• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
    Good
    -Look who we've played in last 6 matches and their form. Were we really expecting to beat most of them?
    -Brought in some fantastic prospects, namely Freeman, who all the fans love already and will only get better. Got him on the cheap as well
    -Atmosphere miles better
    -Never totally out of a game. Second half we always give it a real go and with a quality striker a lot of opportunities would be turned in to goals
    -Tactically inept? Newcastle and Reading were superb tactically. Sheff Weds was not but injuries have been hampering us

Bad
    -Losing 6 in a row in not acceptable, especially twice in the season
    -Too many changes every week players can't get settled and used to playing with each other
    -Defensive coach was a poor appointment in my opinion.

I would like him to stay. I'll probably change my mind if we lose to Forest but personally feel we can always win a game. Even when we're 2-0 down I still feel like we're in it, and that hasn't been the case for years. THis probably won't end well which is a shame but if we stay up (which we should) he should be given time. The amount of damage done to players' confidence by JFH would have been a mammoth task to rebuild.
    Don't buy that at all. To be honest, I think we'd be mid-table if JFH had stayed. Yeah, the football was dull and there were a few utter w*nkers in the side, but he at least dug out points.

Leave a comment:

• rodman
    replied
    Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
    Good
    -Look who we've played in last 6 matches and their form. Were we really expecting to beat most of them?
    -Brought in some fantastic prospects, namely Freeman, who all the fans love already and will only get better. Got him on the cheap as well
    -Atmosphere miles better
    -Never totally out of a game. Second half we always give it a real go and with a quality striker a lot of opportunities would be turned in to goals
    -Tactically inept? Newcastle and Reading were superb tactically. Sheff Weds was not but injuries have been hampering us

Bad
    -Too many changes every week players can't get settled and used to playing with each other

I would like him to stay. I'll probably change my mind if we lose to Forest but personally feel we can always win a game. Even when we're 2-0 down I still feel like we're in it, and that hasn't been the case for years. THis probably won't end well which is a shame but if we stay up (which we should) he should be given time. The amount of damage done to players' confidence by JFH would have been a mammoth task to rebuild.

before our run of 6 straight defeats we were TOP of the current form table, so YES, I would expect to have beaten one or two of them.

Leave a comment:

• dave58
    replied
    Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

g

Great post. Absolutely spot on. Our DOF has appointed three pisspoor managers and continues to get away with it. I'm convinced Ollie got the job because he's one of our own and so would buy Ferdinand more time than an outsider who fails. He certainly didn't get the job based on what he did last time out at Millwall. Or palace for that matter. If those three clubs have made decent manager appointments why couldn't we? It all points to one man I'm afraid. The club has gone backwards under Ferdinand as DOF. There's no denying that fact.
    Agree DOF has been useless, I've never changed my opinion Didn't want DOF it always & generally causes problems with managers, didn't want Ramsey got the job because he's the DOFs mate had no credentials to manage, didn't want JFH but was prepared to give him a chance, it was soon realised that he wasn't up to it either, Didn't want Ollie had been out of work for 18 months so no one was actually beating his door down, totally an appointment along with Birch to appease the fans, it seem it's the same person making these mistakes(DOF) but he seems fire proof

Leave a comment:

• West London is Rss
    replied
    I think we all love Ollie but we shouldn't make excuses for him because he is Ollie - it's the second time we've lost this many games in a row under him, already.

I thought he would of learnt from his mistakes the first time it happened.

I don't really want another change in manager but then again I didn't want Ollie in the first place - I thought it was a bizarre appointment.
    Losing 3 on the bounce is just about bearable if you see promising performances but 6 on the bounce is a disgrace.
    Looking at the table, we've got worse under him even when he is supposed to be happy with his squad, as he has said.

Leave a comment:

• Cjskinz
    replied
    Good
    -Atmosphere miles better

Bad

Leave a comment:

• rodman
    replied
    Originally posted by acricketer View Post
    Atrocious couple of runs. Are the players playing for him or is he clueless?
    clearly not

totally

Leave a comment:

• acricketer
    replied
    Atrocious couple of runs. Are the players playing for him or is he clueless?

Leave a comment:

• Rangers77
    replied
    Originally posted by knocker View Post
    2 more defeats and he really should walk. And if those 2 defeats result in an unlikely relegation, still 60/1, then he should be sacked immediately.
    This.

Leave a comment:

• knocker
    replied
    2 more defeats and he really should walk. And if those 2 defeats result in an unlikely relegation, still 60/1, then he should be sacked immediately.

Leave a comment:

• Westway
    replied
    I'm for sticking with Holloway. He's signed some bright prospects in January. I think he should be allowed a pre-season to work with them and then all of next season. And the season afterwards, and the one after that. In fact I'd be perfectly content if he were here for the next ten years.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    Hove you can have your dutch speaking shteve. I will take Holloway all day long and I want to assess him with a team having something to play for and when it will be more of a settled side and that will happen when we are playing for something. I totally get wests opinion and in an ideal world the players should be fighting on the pitch but I won't blame Holloway for a lack of intensity in the players mindset. I have played in friendlys and nothing games and its hard to play with that high intensity. We have a better squad and a manager that IMO will have a successful time of it next season

Leave a comment:

• Hove Ranger
    replied
    McClaren had decent win percentages at Derby especially his first spell. Numbers Olly has never achieved in his career

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Mcleod
    replied
    Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
    If Ollie goes (he won't) then Steve would be my man.
    Another total faliure in every recent job hes had. Perfect credentials for a managers job with us.
    We could call him Ollie 2

Leave a comment:

• SpongeParr
    replied
    Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
    Listen now DOF we do NOT WANT Steve Maclaren.

If Ollie goes (he won't) then Steve would be my man.

Leave a comment:

• jmelanie
    replied
    We have a young team. Win a few games, confidence is built up. This is what happened before the international break. After the break we lost a couple of games and confidence dropped.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X