X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit
    replied
    Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    For such a big turnaround in pre-season, to go from relegation fodder to promotion contenders; we will need a strong level headed leader of a gaffer. I love Ollie, he's a real character but I'm just not sure he's that. We looked better in that brief period but before that we were just as shocking as we are now.

I'd prefer to see Ollie in the ForeverRs club than on the touchline
    . I think it'll end in tears and be seen as another absolute disaster of an appointment by our board and owners.

It all just currently reminds me of when Alan Shearer went in to manage Newcastle... A clear sentiment appointment which ended in disaster.
    That statement says it all for me, he would have always been remembered as the man who got us back on the map but now I fear it will tarnish his status which is sad. The pelters he got on Saturday were deserved and that was before his comments but i never like seeing genuine QPR people getting stick like that but i feared this from Day 1.

Leave a comment:

• Northolt_Rs
    replied
    For such a big turnaround in pre-season, to go from relegation fodder to promotion contenders; we will need a strong level headed leader of a gaffer. I love Ollie, he's a real character but I'm just not sure he's that. We looked better in that brief period but before that we were just as shocking as we are now.

I'd prefer to see Ollie in the ForeverRs club than on the touchline. I think it'll end in tears and be seen as another absolute disaster of an appointment by our board and owners.

It all just currently reminds me of when Alan Shearer went in to manage Newcastle... A clear sentiment appointment which ended in disaster.
    At least Shearer realised he is not a manager and hasn't tried to do that role again...

Leave a comment:

• davieqpr
    replied
    Listen now DOF we do NOT WANT Steve Maclaren.

Leave a comment:

• jmelanie
    replied
    Originally posted by Shania View Post
    So you think I`m a guy???
    Guy can be used for male or female.

Leave a comment:

• West London is Rss
    replied

I'd prefer to see Ollie in the ForeverRs club than on the touchline. I think it'll end in tears and be seen as another absolute disaster of an appointment by our board and owners.

Leave a comment:

• Northolt_Rs
    replied

g
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Well yeah..........but look at the managers that those 3 sides have. Young, progressive, intelligent managers who have learned their trades from some of the best professionals in the business. We have Ian Holloway!
    Great post. Absolutely spot on. Our DOF has appointed three pisspoor managers and continues to get away with it. I'm convinced Ollie got the job because he's one of our own and so would buy Ferdinand more time than an outsider who fails. He certainly didn't get the job based on what he did last time out at Millwall. Or palace for that matter. If those three clubs have made decent manager appointments why couldn't we? It all points to one man I'm afraid. The club has gone backwards under Ferdinand as DOF. There's no denying that fact.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    We are safe imo and Ollie will stay and have pre season to recruit and settle on a formation as well a regular core of 8-9 players who will be the mainstay of the tw next season.

If after 10-12 games next season we are losing 3 or 4 games on the spin and he's chopping and changing then he will be out of the door.

Reading finished 17th last year, Huddersfield finished 19th and Fulham finished 20th. All 3 now occupy play off positions this year. If we recruit wisely and Holloway settles on a consistent team there's no reason we potentially can't have a good season next year.
    Well yeah..........but look at the managers that those 3 sides have. Young, progressive, intelligent managers who have learned their trades from some of the best professionals in the business. We have Ian Holloway!

Leave a comment:

• QPR Richard
    replied
    Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    I am not in the Ollie Out camp as yet, still willing to give him the summer to work on the squad. However, I was never sold on Ollie in the first place, and I have even less confidence in him now. Whilst in small patches we have look better under Ollie, your last sentence is bang on. It's borderline criminal IMO. A "non-QPR man" would have been hounded out of the club for it. He really does need a strong start to next season, and to stop thinking he is Jose Mourinho with his flipping tactics!
    I know where you're coming from with regard to him being a QPR man but I think we have to put sentiment aside and judge him in pure footballing terms. I'd love it if a QPR man did the business, but I'd also love it if it was an outsider.

For me I think the appointment was a mistake and I suspect Les did it to deflect blame from himself and buy himself time. He probably knew we'd give a Rangers man much more time than he deserved. A bit like him really.

Leave a comment:

• James1979
    replied
    He's beginning to remind me of Mike Bassett before he settles on 44 effing 2 and plays all those different formations.

Leave a comment:

• MattyRangers
    replied
    Didn't want Ollie myself but went with it because I know what the club means to him.

Would like a change at the end of the season (again, I know) but would also like someone like Karanka/Pearson.
    I very much doubt either would come though with our budget restraints.

Losing 6 in a row and not knowing your best team after this many games is unacceptable, no matter what budget/whoever is in charge.
    I am not in the Ollie Out camp as yet, still willing to give him the summer to work on the squad. However, I was never sold on Ollie in the first place, and I have even less confidence in him now. Whilst in small patches we have look better under Ollie, your last sentence is bang on. It's borderline criminal IMO. A "non-QPR man" would have been hounded out of the club for it. He really does need a strong start to next season, and to stop thinking he is Jose Mourinho with his flipping tactics!

Leave a comment:

• West London is Rss
    replied
    Didn't want Ollie myself but went with it because I know what the club means to him.

Would like a change at the end of the season (again, I know) but would also like someone like Karanka/Pearson.
    I very much doubt either would come though with our budget restraints.

Losing 6 in a row and not knowing your best team after this many games is unacceptable, no matter what budget/whoever is in charge.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    Shania, I think the point is that people have an opinion and then change it a few months later. Not that opinions aren't respected. FOr ther record I never wanted JFH, ramsey or Ollie. 2 were completely inexperienced and the other 1 was a sentimental one as no other club would have looked at him.
    Not sure Les has been that popular even from the start, but I partly see your point regarding changing opinions...
    When speaking about Ollie, on the other hand, I did not at all want him in charge and look what happended. He is a disaster.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Ninja
    replied
    Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    Shania, I think the point is that people have an opinion and then change it a few months later. Not that opinions aren't respected. FOr ther record I never wanted JFH, ramsey or Ollie. 2 were completely inexperienced and the other 1 was a sentimental one as no other club would have looked at him.
    Thanks James.

Leave a comment:

• James1979
    replied
    Originally posted by Shania View Post
    Maybe you should start respecting others opinions?

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    Play nicely guys.
    So you think I`m a guy???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X