Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stainrodisalegend
    replied
    In fairness Uncle hasn't done a lot wrong defensively the last few games playing there and has also looked good going forward bar I think one game when he looked a bit knackered.

Leave a comment:

• Dono77
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I was very impressed with Josh Bowler the other day and although a right winger I wonder if he could be converted to a RWB? His contract is up next summer and coming back to the Rs might appeal.

???????????
    Personally id rather we signed a dedicated right back who can play right wing back rather than look to convert a winger into a rwb. Our prob is that all our rwb's are very poor defensively and leaving our centre backs in no man's land when we lose possession.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by 3London View Post
    considering Wallace only played 3 competitive games this season its hard to say that the team ethos was been lost!

without him we have played 17 games and only lost 5 of them 3 of those away to the top 3.

its funny how people spend their time focussing on what we don't have rather than what we have.

The Kid McCullum has be a more than adequate replacement for Wallace and Moses had had his better games for us on the Left rather than the Right.

the one thing a can agree on is we definitely need a better RWB.

Was more mentioning him as an excample of how important wing back positions are.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by 3London View Post
    considering Wallace only played 3 competitive games this season its hard to say that the team ethos was been lost!

without him we have played 17 games and only lost 5 of them 3 of those away to the top 3.

its funny how people spend their time focussing on what we don't have rather than what we have.

The Kid McCullum has be a more than adequate replacement for Wallace and Moses had had his better games for us on the Left rather than the Right.

I was very impressed with Josh Bowler the other day and although a right winger I wonder if he could be converted to a RWB? His contract is up next summer and coming back to the Rs might appeal.

???????????

Leave a comment:

• 3London
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

I don’t think we have played all that well since Wallace got injured

in chaz defence he had a perfectly good goal ruled out at pboro and Sunderland game and we ain’t creating a lot. Win together lose together team game we’re 6th could of been better IMO others may have looked to put in more effort but the following have made bad errors

Dieng more than 1
    Dickie similar
    Barbet
    Dunne
    Stefs been poor

positive we’re 6th
    negative we ain’t top simples !
    Shaggy24, I agree with all of the above mentioned - "funny" you entioned it, When we lost Wallace, we kind of lost our team ethos, so if I should point out one position we need too strenghten I would say the RWB position?

Leave a comment:

• shaggy24
    replied
    Originally posted by Shania View Post

Nothing to do with that. Let`s take Charlie Austin as an excample what you opinion on him? Is he value for money do you think? Does it look like he is working hard enough?
    I don’t think we have played all that well since Wallace got injured

in chaz defence he had a perfectly good goal ruled out at pboro and Sunderland game and we ain’t creating a lot. Win together lose together team game we’re 6th could of been better IMO others may have looked to put in more effort but the following have made bad errors

Dieng more than 1
    Dickie similar
    Barbet
    Dunne
    Stefs been poor

positive we’re 6th
    negative we ain’t top simples !

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

Please yourself
    Nothing to do with that. Let`s take Charlie Austin as an excample what you opinion on him? Is he value for money do you think? Does it look like he is working hard enough?

Leave a comment:

• Jeffqpr
    replied
    Originally posted by Shania View Post

Many posters chose to tell it like it is. That`s my opinion.
    Please yourself

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

Exactly! This is one of poorest forums for being so negative & stupid comments & that’s why I hardly comment on here now
    Many posters chose to tell it like it is. That`s my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffqpr
    replied
    Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
    And Stainrod is right, I know this is a forum and folks are entitled to express an opinion, but the amount of negative comments on the team and individual players in every topic seem to be constant at the moment, we are in a decent enough place right now, there has been some blips and bloopers recently admittedly and it's frustrating, but on the whole we have been doing ok, better than we have been for quite a while, so I don't get all the moaning
    Exactly! This is one of poorest forums for being so negative & stupid comments & that’s why I hardly comment on here now

Leave a comment:

• 3London
    replied
    Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
    And Stainrod is right, I know this is a forum and folks are entitled to express an opinion, but the amount of negative comments on the team and individual players in every topic seem to be constant at the moment, we are in a decent enough place right now, there has been some blips and bloopers recently admittedly and it's frustrating, but on the whole we have been doing ok, better than we have been for quite a while, so I don't get all the moaning
    completely agree - we are probably having our best season since warnock

Leave a comment:

• KevC59
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KevC59
    replied
    I think he is at his level at the moment, he would struggle in the prem for sure, I agree with the idea of maybe getting someone with a bit of pace in next to him to help him out a bit, I can't see him going anywhere unless it's for stupid money, which in this day and age is always a possibility

Leave a comment:

• lincoln ranger
    replied
    Callum Elder at Dull City looks a very decent player from what I’ve seen. Young, Attacking LB, great cross on him, good at set pieces, big unit, what is there not to like? You’d hope if they look like going down they might sell. Would be a very decent addition in the LWB area as a ready made replacement for Wallace when he retires. Ideally I’d like to point out a good RWB, but from the Championship and potentially within our budget, no one immediately springs to mind tbh.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X