Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeffqpr
    replied
    So what’s new? These been doing the rounds for weeks except cook until today

Leave a comment:

• KevC59
    replied
    Been trawling a bit, here's some names, only rumours,

Jack Simpson Rangers Defender
    Steve Cook Bournemouth. Defender

John Souttar. Hearts. Defender

Dilan Mankardy Spurs Attacker

Kyle Docherty Attacker

Only ' linked to ' sort of rumours with other clubs interested

Steve Cook is probably the most interesting, I think, not sure why he would move, unless Bournemouth want to off load now for some reason
    Anyway just thought I would throw these names out for discussion, or not, as the case may be

Leave a comment:

• Dono77
    replied
    Now linked with Steve Cook of Bournemouth. 30 years old. Out of contract in July. Think he's left footed isn't he? Watford and Newcastle both interested. Be a surprise if we got him.

Leave a comment:

• KevC59
    replied
    Makes sense, if they can suspend the season for a dodgy world cup in Qatar, then they can do it for a proper reason!!

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    They may as well cancel all games in Jan now because I cant see many taking place. Call it a winter break and extend the season to early June.

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    If covid starts affecting fixtures I suspect they might extend the transfer window a bit. I dunno if that's good or bad or what it means for us and other clubs?

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    We are being linked with a loan move for Markanday from Spurs.

An attacking player and he looks like a promising prospect.

https://the72.co.uk/257966/watch-qpr...ion-for-spurs/
    Looks good!!

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    We are being linked with a loan move for Markanday from Spurs.

An attacking player and he looks like a promising prospect.

https://the72.co.uk/257966/watch-qpr...ion-for-spurs/

Leave a comment:

• MINCER
    replied
    [QUOTE=stanistheman;n2568923]

I agree that with injures to our wingbacks we should go to 4 at the back and could have done this against Stoke rather than put Field there.

Perhaps we should be looking at a right winger, although we already have Adomah.[/QUOTE

Albert is a decent shout, but probably it’s unrealistic to be reliant on older players like him and Wallace to be available for most of the games.

Im thinking the same,a wide right player required.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by MINCER View Post

With our current W/Backs injury prone it seems obvious to change formation to a flat back 4 ,problem is other than Willock who would provide the width to stretch teams out wide?

A loan for a young pacy winger would be my choice right now as even when MW reverts to 3 C/Backs the option to change formation is always there.

I agree that with injures to our wingbacks we should go to 4 at the back and could have done this against Stoke rather than put Field there.

Perhaps we should be looking at a right winger, although we already have Adomah.

Leave a comment:

• Dono77
    replied
    The main obstacle here is the fact we have a manager who won't want to start with a back 4. He seems insistent on keeping the 3 centre backs and wingbacks and only changes if we need/want to close a game out. If he wants to keep playing wingbacks then he needs to sign at least one of these and not a converted winger or a defender who can do a job. Sign an actual wingback.

Leave a comment:

• MINCER
    replied

With our current W/Backs injury prone it seems obvious to change formation to a flat back 4 ,problem is other than Willock who would provide the width to stretch teams out wide?

A loan for a young pacy winger would be my choice right now as even when MW reverts to 3 C/Backs the option to change formation is always there.

Leave a comment:

• topperharley
    replied
    Our weakest positions are the flanks, haven't seen or heard any rumours about strengthening options there.

If Warbs won't try any other formations, then RWB and LWB are the most important.

Leave a comment:

• KevC59
    replied
    Ashley has ruined that club, cards on the table ,I have a soft spot for Newcastle, family ties going back a ways to that area, but they are in a crap state at the moment, looks like they will be coming down

Leave a comment:

• Dono77
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    Anyone think Willock could end up joining his brother at Newcastle in Jan? They will be bringing in a whole new team from the way things are going! There are only so many superstars out there and may need some young talent?
    Silly move if it did happen. They are going down. Crap team with mostly championship level players. Take saint maximan out of it and they look hopeless. No idea what sort of recruitment policy they have had but it's a basket case of a club.

Trying to buy their way out of it in Jan but who would want to join them? First thing you would do is put a clause in allowing you to leave if they do go down.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X