Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norths
    replied
    Abrahams is far too raw for the prem. Plenty of potential there, but a big ask to have him replace llorentes goals.

Bony is a shadow of his former self. That move to citeh stopped him in his tracks. Made plenty of money, mind.

Renato isn't fit to lace siggys boots. No idea why Clement gambled on him being the replacement considering how bad a first year he had at Bayern. Wouldn't surprise me if they ship him out permanently next summer.

Leave a comment:

• Bluehoop
    replied
    Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
    Doesn't offend me in the slightest and most of the points you make are fair.

Your team was bottom of the league before he got there, the board sell your 3 best assets and don't replace them adequately and make 30m in the process.
    What is Clement to do with that exactly? It's the Swansea board who need sacking.
    Rug completely pulled from beneath him.
    The Sigurdsson point you make doesn't wash. Thats a 45m player gone from the team and that's his worth, nothing skewed there. And he hasn't been replaced.

Your points about the class of player at our disposal is valid. Can Clement (or anyone) get more out of them? I dunno. But he is a top class coach and I'd take him to get more out of a squad of players than Ollie whom I think hasn't a scooby.

This is complete tosh though:
    'Do you realise how much money he gets to spend there. Everything is relative, as in quality of players plus available funds versus league status. Oh, and more importantly, the reason he says it went wrong is because he doesn't have the quality of strikers required to score the goals to win the points.'

He has spent 30million less than he's brought in.
    You cannot lose a 10 Premier League goals a season midfielder and your creative spark and your one in two Prem striker, not replace them and expect to do better.
    I don't know how you don't see this.

If he were to buy Abrahams and Sanches rather than loan them the £30M stat wouldn't work - Sanches alone cost Munich 35M In his own words, Clement said he was the ideal "replacement" for the midfielder (Remember Clement, the amazing coach, worked with him at Munich, so who would know best). And Bony has averaged a goal every 2.8 games in a 301 game career to date. OK, he may not be ripping up trees just now but compare it to us when we lost Austin - we replaced him with who exactly? The fact is the man hasn't exactly been given the tools to compete in the top half of the table but honestly, as a like for like comparison, praising him and saying he's the man for us when he left with a record that makes Holloway's look decent - that's the tosh in my view

Leave a comment:

• Alanwycombe
    replied
    Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    For us to "go with our hearts" and it's his "destiny" to manage us.

I bet Clement couldn't give two monkeys about QPR and has more affinity with Chelsea than us.
    This. All this 'through and through' nonsense - whoever it is and wherever they work - is just rubbish. They are doing a job for a very nice salary, simple as that. Managing or playing for a club you once supported usually ends in tears and half the decent players Liverpool have had in modern times grew up as Blues! If you seriously want to apply the 'through and through' label to Holloway it would be Bristol Rovers.......ask City.
    Last edited by Alanwycombe; 22-12-2017, 01:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    Originally posted by Kit View Post
    And what has that got to do with it?
    For us to "go with our hearts" and it's his "destiny" to manage us.

I bet Clement couldn't give two monkeys about QPR and has more affinity with Chelsea than us.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    The lost while defence is more excuses I’m bored of it now

Everyone wanted Furlong, Perch, Ned and Lynch dropped because there apparently rubbish (lynch is) but now there not playing there excuse for hard times although it’s what everyone wanted. Few games back people were saying can’t drop Robinson or Baps for players just mentioned

It’s all smoke mirrors and excuses for p iss poor managerial decisions and preparation
    Isn't it mate?

Anyone who watches us play can see that having 3 or 4 defenders missing ain't the problem. The selection and tactical issues run far deeper than that. And like you pointed out, Robinson in particular has been a revelation at centre half. Also, if a lack of defenders was the issue, surely we would be playing 4 at the back, not 5!
    Last edited by Tarbie; 22-12-2017, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    The lost while defence is more excuses I’m bored of it now

Everyone wanted Furlong, Perch, Ned and Lynch dropped because there apparently rubbish (lynch is) but now there not playing there excuse for hard times although it’s what everyone wanted. Few games back people were saying can’t drop Robinson or Baps for players just mentioned

It’s all smoke mirrors and excuses for p iss poor managerial decisions and preparation

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    My points quite obvious i would of thought! youre bigging up and sticking by clement swanseas sacked manager, making a big thing of losing 3 of his best players, yetwe have lost a whole defense yet you seem to completely ignore that, and a reason why ollies played one or two out of position because of it!
    Have we?

Leave a comment:

• Norths
    replied
    Not convinced by Clement and definitely wouldn't want him here in our current situation. Having said that; his time at Swansea wasn't exactly helped by their transfer activity. Never really replaced Williams, and then losing siggy and Llorente over the summer. The main source for their goals.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
    We are exactly where most fans expected at this point: Lower mid table/Just above relegation. Don´t think the low expectations of fans gives them patience here, however contradictory that may seem.
    What I mean by that mate is Clement is a guy that until 2 years ago had never been more than an Assistant. Admittedly an Assistant to some of the best managers in the world, but still an Assistant. Prior to that, his playing career was all in the non-league.

He's gone from there straight into Manager jobs in the top end of the Championship and lower end of the Premier League. He hasn't served any time as a Manager a bit lower down the leagues, he has walked straight into high pressure jobs where excellent results are expected from day one.

With us, his remit will be simple. Save us from going down this season, bring in a few players on the cheap in the summer (and I'd suggest his connections from stints at Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid & Bayern Munich would really help in securing some loan deals for promising young players), then challenge for play-offs next season. These are far more realistic expectations than he has been posed in his last 2 jobs!
    Last edited by Tarbie; 22-12-2017, 10:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 1QPRDK
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Interesting argument this.

I understand why many are sceptical about Clement. He is coming off the back of a very unimpressive first half of the season with Swansea. He was also binned by Derby after less than a season in his only other stint as a Manager/Head Coach.

With regards to the Derby sacking, if you look at his record he only actually lost 5 of his 33 games and they were well in the hunt for the play-offs when he left there. The reasons cited at the time were that the football wasn't entertaining and the board expected Derby to be challenging for the league and not just the play-offs. For me, that was an extremely harsh sacking.

Interestingly, some experts have cited the problem at Swansea to be the polar opposite of Derby. The suggestion is that Clement is actually trying to play too much football for the capabilities of the players that he has.

My take on it all is that he is a reasonably young manager who is still learning his trade. He was very unlucky to be sacked at Derby and he has bitten off more than he can chew at Swansea. What he needs is a move to a club where he can continue to learn his trade, and where expectations will be set a little lower.

Given our situation (no money, a squad that really is a 3 or 4 players at least away from being complete, a DOF that many top managers at this level probably wouldn't want to work under etc.), he could actually be an ideal fit. He is of course somewhat of a roll of the dice, but any manager we could attract probably will be. I also think that he probably couldn't do any worse than Ollie is currently.
    We are exactly where most fans expected at this point: Lower mid table/Just above relegation. Don´t think the low expectations of fans gives them patience here, however contradictory that may seem.

Leave a comment:

• bakes8
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
    Never had any issue with you fella but you say tosh and suggest I make an incorrect point, well sorry if I disagree.

Of course they made a profit, selling Siggursen for £45M skews the record a touch doesn't it. Clement himself said he couldn't do anything about results without a new striker - well blow me, what the #### would he make of Matt Smith & Co.

Our clueless manager and DoF brought in Scowen, Baptiste, Wheeler and Smyth this summer - 4 top drawer household names of course whereas Clement got (that I'm aware of) Abrahams on loan, Bony (a former prolific striker that even 50% fit beats Washy & Co) Clucas who had a great season in '16/17 and the man Clement himself hailed as a wonderful signing Sanches, from Munich. Who is to blame for him being a super flop? Who knows.

Still, as you say the profit they made was remarkable, they don't have any decent players and it's obvious why they only managed one win (and four points out of 30) in the last 10 games.

Our squad is way worse than theirs, our club has been a car crash far longer than theirs, we have FFP but they are the ones in tatters but never mind - tosh pf course and Clement is not any better than what we have - not an incorrect point, an opinion based on the foregoing and other stuff. Sorry if that offends but if the cap fits
    Doesn't offend me in the slightest and most of the points you make are fair.

Your team was bottom of the league before he got there, the board sell your 3 best assets and don't replace them adequately and make 30m in the process.
    What is Clement to do with that exactly? It's the Swansea board who need sacking.
    Rug completely pulled from beneath him.
    The Sigurdsson point you make doesn't wash. Thats a 45m player gone from the team and that's his worth, nothing skewed there. And he hasn't been replaced.

Your points about the class of player at our disposal is valid. Can Clement (or anyone) get more out of them? I dunno. But he is a top class coach and I'd take him to get more out of a squad of players than Ollie whom I think hasn't a scooby.

This is complete tosh though:
    'Do you realise how much money he gets to spend there. Everything is relative, as in quality of players plus available funds versus league status. Oh, and more importantly, the reason he says it went wrong is because he doesn't have the quality of strikers required to score the goals to win the points.'

He has spent 30million less than he's brought in.
    You cannot lose a 10 Premier League goals a season midfielder and your creative spark and your one in two Prem striker, not replace them and expect to do better.
    I don't know how you don't see this.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Interesting argument this.

I understand why many are sceptical about Clement. He is coming off the back of a very unimpressive first half of the season with Swansea. He was also binned by Derby after less than a season in his only other stint as a Manager/Head Coach.

With regards to the Derby sacking, if you look at his record he only actually lost 5 of his 33 games and they were well in the hunt for the play-offs when he left there. The reasons cited at the time were that the football wasn't entertaining and the board expected Derby to be challenging for the league and not just the play-offs. For me, that was an extremely harsh sacking.

Interestingly, some experts have cited the problem at Swansea to be the polar opposite of Derby. The suggestion is that Clement is actually trying to play too much football for the capabilities of the players that he has.

My take on it all is that he is a reasonably young manager who is still learning his trade. He was very unlucky to be sacked at Derby and he has bitten off more than he can chew at Swansea. What he needs is a move to a club where he can continue to learn his trade, and where expectations will be set a little lower.

Given our situation (no money, a squad that really is a 3 or 4 players at least away from being complete, a DOF that many top managers at this level probably wouldn't want to work under etc.), he could actually be an ideal fit. He is of course somewhat of a roll of the dice, but any manager we could attract probably will be. I also think that he probably couldn't do any worse than Ollie is currently.

Leave a comment:

• Itsonlyagame
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
    Never had any issue with you fella but you say tosh and suggest I make an incorrect point, well sorry if I disagree.

Of course they made a profit, selling Siggursen for £45M skews the record a touch doesn't it. Clement himself said he couldn't do anything about results without a new striker - well blow me, what the #### would he make of Matt Smith & Co.

Our clueless manager and DoF brought in Scowen, Baptiste, Wheeler and Smyth this summer - 4 top drawer household names of course whereas Clement got (that I'm aware of) Abrahams on loan, Bony (a former prolific striker that even 50% fit beats Washy & Co) Clucas who had a great season in '16/17 and the man Clement himself hailed as a wonderful signing Sanches, from Munich. Who is to blame for him being a super flop? Who knows.

Still, as you say the profit they made was remarkable, they don't have any decent players and it's obvious why they only managed one win (and four points out of 30) in the last 10 games.

Our squad is way worse than theirs, our club has been a car crash far longer than theirs, we have FFP but they are the ones in tatters but never mind - tosh pf course and Clement is not any better than what we have - not an incorrect point, an opinion based on the foregoing and other stuff. Sorry if that offends but if the cap fits

Leave a comment:

• Bluehoop
    replied
    Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
    Complete tosh.

Swanseas board sold Sigurrdsson and Llorente and didnt replace them. Factor in Ashley Williams sold before he got there leaves a club without their 3 best players and in tatters.

Just 2 minutes of research will tell you that Swansea made a profit of over £30m in transfers in 2017. But don't let that spoil the incorrect point you are trying to make.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    Originally posted by Shania View Post
    This. To be honest, I think they will let him relegate us.
    Stranger things have happened but relegation would be catastrophic for the club financially on the face of it.

However if FFP were to be declared null and void as a result of relegation who knows.

All i know is the club has suffered big time under TF due to poor decisions and so called
    football people letting him down

Leave a comment:

Working...
X