Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timmy the Doc
    replied
    I think main problem is that Ollie plays Bidwell and Wszolek as wing backs and we don't get the ball into the box like we should.

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    Maybe yes maybe no. Do know under current boss his obsession and tactics for Washington, Mackie and Smith don’t bare fruit. Perhaps more astute and intelligent manager might come up with something which works

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    We would be organised, competitive and have coherent gameplan as a minimum under those two
    Yeah but still not scoring enough goals so not much difference imo

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    We would be organised, competitive and have coherent gameplan as a minimum under those two

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Tarbs you do make some good points but my mindset certainly differs. I think in today's world there is far too much envasis on managers. I think Jose coming out with boll ocks and the sacking merry-go-round certainly helps explain this. They're nearly on par with Hollywood actors. As an ex player I tend to think that wk in wk out mistakes are being blinded but so called poor managers. It's all hindsight but I'd love to see where this team would sit if you were calling the shots.
    Personally I'd love to see where we'd be with Neil Warnock or Gary Rowett calling the shots. Where we'd be with me calling the shots is totally academic!

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    I thought we'd do terrible this season personally, mainly because of the manager. But then I saw us play a bit in the early part of the season and I realised we've actually got a few decent footballers in the squad.

My issue is we are losing games week in, week out tactically. We ain't losing cos the other team are better, or cos they've worked harder. We're losing cos we're set up badly and the tactics are awful!
    Tarbs you do make some good points but my mindset certainly differs. I think in today's world there is far too much envasis on managers. I think Jose coming out with boll ocks and the sacking merry-go-round certainly helps explain this. They're nearly on par with Hollywood actors. As an ex player I tend to think that wk in wk out mistakes are being blinded but so called poor managers. It's all hindsight but I'd love to see where this team would sit if you were calling the shots.

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Stan just out of interest, what was you expecting for this season.
    More or less what Tarbie just posted above WeAre. IMO Ollie has hugely under-delivered considering the squad he's had at his disposal - the reasons for which have been given exhaustively on here.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Stan just out of interest, what was you expecting for this season. Let's swap positions I was praying we'd stay up. You could argue he has done very well with no money and has a side that could finish mid table but the reality of it all is that we aren't doing bad and we're about where we should be
    I thought we'd do terrible this season personally, mainly because of the manager. But then I saw us play a bit in the early part of the season and I realised we've actually got a few decent footballers in the squad.

My issue is we are losing games week in, week out tactically. We ain't losing cos the other team are better, or cos they've worked harder. We're losing cos we're set up badly and the tactics are awful!

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Except that is simply untrue....but don't let the facts get in your way.
    Stan just out of interest, what was you expecting for this season. Let's swap positions I was praying we'd stay up. You could argue he has done very well with no money and has a side that could finish mid table but the reality of it all is that we aren't doing bad and we're about where we should be

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    ollies lost a whole defence most of the season
    Except that is simply untrue....but don't let the facts get in your way.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Ha you goto laugh, so you think he`d be guaranteed to bring some great players in on the cheap?! im well chuffed with what ollies brought in & if ollie gets the boot i cant see us continueing with the excellent recruitment done on the cheap, thats why i say becareful what people wish for as can see us getting worse with someone else bringing in new players on the cheap!
    Ain't no good bringing in good players if you don't know how to use them mate. Holloway has been great in the transfer market since his return. But in contrast he's been consistently terrible when it comes to selecting a side and setting them up well tactically.

The point I was making about Clement is that he has been employed by PSG, Chelsea, Bayern and Real Madrid in recent years. During those years of employment, he has most likely forged relationships that he could leverage in the transfer market. Given our obvious lack of funds, a loan from Chelsea or Bayern sounds pretty good to me right now.

How you've turned that into an argument about your bum chum is beyond me!
    Last edited by Tarbie; 22-12-2017, 08:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    Pinks your defence point is totally mute

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    What I mean by that mate is Clement is a guy that until 2 years ago had never been more than an Assistant. Admittedly an Assistant to some of the best managers in the world, but still an Assistant. Prior to that, his playing career was all in the non-league.

He's gone from there straight into Manager jobs in the top end of the Championship and lower end of the Premier League. He hasn't served any time as a Manager a bit lower down the leagues, he has walked straight into high pressure jobs where excellent results are expected from day one.

With us, his remit will be simple. Save us from going down this season, bring in a few players on the cheap in the summer (and I'd suggest his connections from stints at Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid & Bayern Munich would really help in securing some loan deals for promising young players), then challenge for play-offs next season. These are far more realistic expectations than he has been posed in his last 2 jobs!
    Ha you goto laugh, so you think he`d be guaranteed to bring some great players in on the cheap?! im well chuffed with what ollies brought in & if ollie gets the boot i cant see us continueing with the excellent recruitment done on the cheap, thats why i say becareful what people wish for as can see us getting worse with someone else bringing in new players on the cheap!

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
    Never had any issue with you fella but you say tosh and suggest I make an incorrect point, well sorry if I disagree.

Of course they made a profit, selling Siggursen for £45M skews the record a touch doesn't it. Clement himself said he couldn't do anything about results without a new striker - well blow me, what the #### would he make of Matt Smith & Co.

Our clueless manager and DoF brought in Scowen, Baptiste, Wheeler and Smyth this summer - 4 top drawer household names of course whereas Clement got (that I'm aware of) Abrahams on loan, Bony (a former prolific striker that even 50% fit beats Washy & Co) Clucas who had a great season in '16/17 and the man Clement himself hailed as a wonderful signing Sanches, from Munich. Who is to blame for him being a super flop? Who knows.

Still, as you say the profit they made was remarkable, they don't have any decent players and it's obvious why they only managed one win (and four points out of 30) in the last 10 games.

Our squad is way worse than theirs, our club has been a car crash far longer than theirs, we have FFP but they are the ones in tatters but never mind - tosh pf course and Clement is not any better than what we have - not an incorrect point, an opinion based on the foregoing and other stuff. Sorry if that offends but if the cap fits

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
    I'm sorry Pinks. If you can't hold an adult conversation I'll leave it there. You're borderline deluded.
    What an arrogrant response, i was just making a note of you sticking up for clements stint as swansea manager & how you seem to feel for him cos hes lost 3 of his best players, yet ollies lost a whole defence most of the season yet youve never mentioned that, i realise you`re talking about swansea....still never mind

Leave a comment:

Working...
X