No announcement yet.

Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Washington our worst player right now? Poor Ollie has bucket loads of #### to manage and maybe that is why he was given a 2.5 year deal as it is going to take that to clear this crap he has inherited. The most important stats this year show we are a pathetic excuse of a team and collectively the board and Ferdinand need to look at themselves as they created the situation we are in.

Comment

Agree 73 youre not wrong there! its a hard task when youve got so many players just not performing, just hope we pick a few quality players up, but the board need to dip in their pockets!
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
        Is Washington our worst player right now? Poor Ollie has bucket loads of #### to manage and maybe that is why he was given a 2.5 year deal as it is going to take that to clear this crap he has inherited. The most important stats this year show we are a pathetic excuse of a team and collectively the board and Ferdinand need to look at themselves as they created the situation we are in.

I think Washington falls into the polter category of that he gives a s*** about QPR but just isn't good enough at this level to effect the games like we need him to do!
        The one excuse I'd give Washington is he's been played out of position numerous occasions and other times as a individual striker which isn't suited to his game!!
        Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 08-01-2017, 03:58 PM.

Comment

I personally think he is but more so, I think that if we were to play him to try and make him any better, we'd have to completely change the way we play and I don't think that would be easy, especially in the period of transition that we're in. There's a lot of cr ap to get out of this club and replace, but at least that cr ap can attempt to play in the system we have now. The first thing we should do is get rid of those who aren't in any way suited to the system we're going for. For me, that's Gladwin, Washington, Nasser ElK.
          Also just keep up moving players who don't want to be here, Chery, Henry, Polter and Sandro spring to mind.
          Get those out and work our way up to players like Perch, Caulker etc and all the while replace them when they leave.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Nas that is your problem and has been from day 1 with Washington. Personal as you just don't like him. We are #### right across the board and as for the worse value player we have then it is Onuhua as he is being paid in excess of 35 to 40k a week.

Comment

Nas that is your problem and has been from day 1 with Washington. Personal as you just don't like him. We are #### right across the board and as for the worse value player we have then it is Onuhua as he is being paid in excess of 35 to 40k a week.
              Onuoha has at least done his job to an ok standard at minimum since he joined. Washington has yet to do the very simple element of his job as a striker. Score goals. He's got 2 (1) goals in a year and we can't keep allowing his value to fall while trying to get more out of him, which I don't think will.

I agree with you, in general, Washington isn't the only problem, but he's part of the problem in that he's someone who runs without having talent. He flatters to deceive imo, but so do a lot of our players. The difference is that he's still a relatively high value asset to others, unlike a player like Mackie for example, who's value is primarily to us as someone who is "a qpr man".

Oh and when I say personal, I meant it not as a personal issue, but just highlighting that it's an opinion, seeing as there are a lot of people who believe I don't speak in opinions.
              Last edited by nasser95; 08-01-2017, 04:36 PM.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

So many worse players than Washington.
                Gladwin and Cousins to name two straight off.

Comment

More good news on the way as it seems Nugent is going to Derby

It's ok though because we are looking at Rodegella - #provenquality

Comment

Personally, I sometimes think that I tend to make Washington our scapegoat. With regular service from the wingers it could be that he evenually will suceed.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

• Poor bugger was bought to play in a formation we have never played under JFH nor Ollie.

Honestly I think this antithesizes the LF recruitment drive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                        title change to offski please.

lets hope this is true. no point having strikers if they dont score.

get rid of them all except sylla.
                        I don't feel we've given him a real chance, the team have been so poor at creating chances no one had a hope of scoring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          So many worse players than Washington.
                          Gladwin and Cousins to name two straight off.
                          This with big bells on. I'd add Luongo to that mix. No goals from central midfield all f acking season. Two last year. So easy to slate Washington. So, so easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
                            Poor bugger was bought to play in a formation we have never played under JFH nor Ollie.

Honestly I think this antithesizes the LF recruitment drive.
                            Peterboro played him alongside a targetman, I guess?
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                              Christ this arguing! This isn't people expressing opinions it's people giving each other sh*t for no real reason

Stats are useful, Ollie has said so recently, and we know manager use them. We know clubs employee people to specifically deal with stats. HOWEVER stats only provide a portion of the story. I've previously said you don't know what angle someone is shooting from or how difficult a pass is or what pressure opposition are putting on the player in question

As far as through balls go at Loftus Road, I don't think we necessarily have the players to provide a decent pass (apart from Ned) to make that kind of game plan feasible. Plus I personally think the opposition sit deep against us because they know we aren't a massive threat outside the box. Chery the only player who could play the pass or be a threat outside the box and he's just not playing well (and off to China)

As far as Washington is concerned, the guy tries. Nothing has gone right for the poor bloke since he's been here but he keeps going keeps shooting. That means he believes in himself and I'm going to continue to believe in him because he wants to do well. Is he good enough? Not at the moment. Will we change our playing style just for him? No. get him out on loan and get him to show us what we are missing by. Of playing to his strengths.
                              Absolute correct, and he does make runs but no one picking him out, or anyone else for that matter.

Before we let him go, I'd love to see some better players around him, only then we'll know if he's good enough or not?

I think we've got ourselves a good player here, great attitude too. If we let him go and he goes on to do really well, we'll be kicking ourselves and feel it's too soon to let him go.

Comment

• Originally posted by MYU View Post
                                Absolute correct, and he does make runs but no one picking him out, or anyone else for that matter.

Before we let him go, I'd love to see some better players around him, only then we'll know if he's good enough or not?

I think we've got ourselves a good player here, great attitude too. If we let him go and he goes on to do really well, we'll be kicking ourselves and feel it's too soon to let him go.
                                Yep instead of loaning him out we could get some to play the ball to him. Now we are over this high pressing stuff we only ever saw three times can we get Faurlin back? Or try and find a younger more mobile version?
                                My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Working...
                                X