Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    why do people need that validation? Ultimately, the goal counts as his but it shouldn't. Without context, stats are really irrelevant, I know that and have said that. The context here is: That shot wasn't going in without Polter getting in the way.
    You can't say 100% it was not going in without Deflection as there is not and Angel of the goal that I have seen that would conclusively show it going wide

I don't need validation Nas as whatever you say I hold my own Opinions and there not swayed. Agree with you sometimes disagree on others with or without validation

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      I and many other people with interests in the stats have said that the numbers are to be used in conjunction with what we see. They should not be separated, they should be combined. Objectively, it's Conor's goal because the ref made a mistake and didn't give Polter an offside and an admission of it being a Polter goal is an admission of the fact that the goal shouldn't have stood.
      I disagree. Goals aren't not given to players because the ref didn't give offside. That would be saying that the powers that be have conspired to give Conor the goal to cover the ref's back.

Anyway lets leave it at that as in reality it doesn't really matter

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        Nas, I apologise for that last sentence of mine. It was a facetious comment as I know very well you can take the heat.

However I do believe you are demonstrating a clear bias against Washington for the reasons I, Hove and Wests highlighted above. As I said, as a stats person the onus on you is to be unbiased and impartial in relation to your stats in order to give them the credibility here that you seek.

Therefore, do not say that he has scored 1.5 goals when in fact your very own stats books say he has scored 2 goals, and 3 goals in all competitions.

Just say I think he's s hit and a lucky boy to have been credited the goal at Fulham think most people would accept that viewpoint

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          We may have to take that into due consideration Hove. The situation is under observation and review, going forward
          If f acking only it was.......... I can take obsessive. I think. Wrong I can take all the time till Tuesday. I'm never right. It's humourless that does for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            Have to disagree there. His arguments are not baffling because he often supports them with data. You may disagree with the way the data is interpreted, but on Washington both the data and the evidence in front of our eyes tells us that the lad needs confidence. He needs a drop in a class. Both Washington and Polter were iffy as purchases but that didn't stop Les getting stuck in. He is responsible for those decisions, then again many of us thought his own appointment was lame.

re the Euros I thought they looked far more dangerous every time CW came off the pitch, but there we go.
            do me a favour.

Comment

• Ollie saying hes rates him and hes going nowhere.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/i...-gladwin-floor

Comment

• Spot on quotes from Ollie here.

Comment

Both Washington and Polter were iffy as purchases but that didn't stop Les getting stuck in. He is responsible for those decisions, then again many of us thought his own appointment was lame.
                  You ever get bored of constantly having to have a go at LF ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    You ever get bored of constantly having to have a go at LF ?
                    I'm gonna go with..... No - Mush.

Comment

• #### me is this thread still rumbling on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                        #### me is this thread still rumbling on?
                        Due to an Ollie update this morning mate. He rates him and is keeping him. Ends the speculation he was back to Peterboro yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Due to an Ollie update this morning mate. He rates him and is keeping him. Ends the speculation he was back to Peterboro yesterday.
                          Ok Kev.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                            do me a favour.
                            if you tell me where the post was inaccurate I might be able to help you. Engaging the brain can be useful.

Comment

if you tell me where the post was inaccurate I might be able to help you. Engaging the brain can be useful.
                              He highlighted the bit where I support my argument with data. He doesn't believe data when I put it up because it goes against what he thinks I'm guessing.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• I'd have a more accurate opinion of Conor if he played alongside another striker. One up front doesn't suit him
                                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                                I must be guided without a stumble
                                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
                                X