Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    That's a debatable point Awin. The counter-argument is if you play him with a strike partner and he starts banging in the goals, then which is more important: Your goals FOR column, or your preferred system? #GoalsWinGames
    10 points from the last 12 without his favoured formation does it for me.

Comment

• I just don't think he's good enough at this level. Been saying that since he joined, since watching him in the Euros... and since then... my opinion hasn't changed. I'm all for giving people a chance, but.... He's busy and bustling and he does get the odd shot off, but as people have said, he nearly always shoots straight at the keeper. Surely we'd have seen something more by now, if he really was going to make the grade?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        Thank fu ck you're on this board Stanley, you're what brings me back tbh
        We do aim to please WeAre. But in the wise words of John Lydgate: “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.”

Comment

• I think if he stays he will have to adapt to play the Mackie role at present, which I think he would probably be good at. I honestly cannot see us moving to 2 up front this season at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            Too many on here just love stats, got to blame Nasser for this, however Washington is an intelligent footballer that makes clever runs, has vision works his nuts off and will start scoring with a little pinch of confidence
            I agree with you WeAre, now the team are playing better football I believe he'll get that confidence sooner rather than later.

Comment

• You cannot fault the guys effort and commitment, he just hasn't had the opportunity to play to his strengths, he is still worth holding on to imo
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• How about playing him slightly further back, maybe CM?... he's good at all tbe hustle and bustle stuff. If he can pick a pass then maybe he could be useful there?
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• I would like to see him playing up top off Sylla for five games see what he can do

Comment

• i would ;like to see us buying danny watd and him to go in the opposite direction
                    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

• He certainly hasn't set the world alight but it wouldn't surprise me to see him join someone else and start scoring.

We do not create many chances it's as simple as that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                        I just don't think he's good enough at this level. Been saying that since he joined, since watching him in the Euros... and since then... my opinion hasn't changed. I'm all for giving people a chance, but.... He's busy and bustling and he does get the odd shot off, but as people have said, he nearly always shoots straight at the keeper. Surely we'd have seen something more by now, if he really was going to make the grade?
                        One year. One whole year, He's played for us, in fact, he made his debut on the 23rd of January last year. Polter made 2,400 minutes in that time, Washington played 2000 minutes, Sylla played 921 minutes. Polter ran as much and Washington, and even more. Polter had the pace and physicality and scored 7 goals and got 6 assists in the last calendar year, having to adapt to a different country.

Sylla, in his short time here scored 6 goals. None of them are really impressive, in fact Polter left in part because he was homesick, but fans here felt he wasn't good enough and that's fair enough.

But now, we are calling to change our entire system to something that will open us up pretty badly and expose our bigger weaknesses to allow for a player who has scored 1.5 goals in 2000 minutes of football in attack and has made no assists?

Why should we sacrifice the integrity of the team for a player who's quoted weaknesses based on his performances this season alone are: Finishing (very weak), aerial duels, holding onto the ball, passing, crossing and defensive contribution (weak), with no clear strengths based on his performances this season according to whoscored.com

Why shaft Polter for not being good enough and not do the same for Washington who is only 1 year younger and very much nowhere near as good as he was in our system that is clearly the preferred system of managers who come here and is the long term system this club desires to use based on everything we know.

If this player showed consistency scoring in the past, I'd understand the hesitancy to get rid, but he's had one purple patch his whole career and hasn't done a single thing since joining.

The only time I've been remotely impressed by Washington is when he was put out onto the wing and that's because he can cover up his lack of ability by running and covering, in the same way Mackie does. As I've said before, groom him as a winger, fine, keep him for cover.

As a striker though, he's a waste of resources and without sounding insincere, he's never going to amount to anything near what we as a club aim to reach. If we want to get to the higher echelons of this league and above, CW is not the answer imo.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by qprted View Post
                          i would ;like to see us buying danny watd and him to go in the opposite direction
                          So you'll get your wish as you've already started a thread saying that is what is happening?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                            I just don't think he's good enough at this level. Been saying that since he joined, since watching him in the Euros... and since then... my opinion hasn't changed. I'm all for giving people a chance, but.... He's busy and bustling and he does get the odd shot off, but as people have said, he nearly always shoots straight at the keeper. Surely we'd have seen something more by now, if he really was going to make the grade?

Comment

• Sometimes best to cut the cord. If he was good we'd have seen it by now irrespective of where he's played

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                                One year. One whole year, He's played for us, in fact, he made his debut on the 23rd of January last year. Polter made 2,400 minutes in that time, Washington played 2000 minutes, Sylla played 921 minutes. Polter ran as much and Washington, and even more. Polter had the pace and physicality and scored 7 goals and got 6 assists in the last calendar year, having to adapt to a different country.

Sylla, in his short time here scored 6 goals. None of them are really impressive, in fact Polter left in part because he was homesick, but fans here felt he wasn't good enough and that's fair enough.

But now, we are calling to change our entire system to something that will open us up pretty badly and expose our bigger weaknesses to allow for a player who has scored 1.5 goals in 2000 minutes of football in attack and has made no assists?

Why should we sacrifice the integrity of the team for a player who's quoted weaknesses based on his performances this season alone are: Finishing (very weak), aerial duels, holding onto the ball, passing, crossing and defensive contribution (weak), with no clear strengths based on his performances this season according to whoscored.com

Why shaft Polter for not being good enough and not do the same for Washington who is only 1 year younger and very much nowhere near as good as he was in our system that is clearly the preferred system of managers who come here and is the long term system this club desires to use based on everything we know.

If this player showed consistency scoring in the past, I'd understand the hesitancy to get rid, but he's had one purple patch his whole career and hasn't done a single thing since joining.

The only time I've been remotely impressed by Washington is when he was put out onto the wing and that's because he can cover up his lack of ability by running and covering, in the same way Mackie does. As I've said before, groom him as a winger, fine, keep him for cover.

As a striker though, he's a waste of resources and without sounding insincere, he's never going to amount to anything near what we as a club aim to reach. If we want to get to the higher echelons of this league and above, CW is not the answer imo.
                                Great post
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2