Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    This times a million. Fella works hard, and isn't your average vulgar and stupid footballer.
    He runs. That's it. He does fark all else, especially score, which as a striker is his primary job. Many slated Mackie a couple of years ago for doing the same. Washington runs about a lot, sure. But he's pony.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
      He can work as hard as he likes but in reality a striker is judged on goals. 1.5 goals in a year is a pretty poor return....
      Shame he gets slated so much when "People's Champion" Zamora only got 3 a season...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Shame he gets slated so much when "People's Champion" Zamora only got 3 a season...
        He only ever had to score one goal if he was here from 14 to 40.

Comment

• This slagging off stats and defending them to the death stuff is getting super boring now

BASICALLY

Washington is not being played in a system that suits him
          When he has had good opportunities to score, he hasn't
          He ALWAYS works hard
          Stats barely tell half a story (how many players were around him when he shot, what angle, weak foot shot etc) but they have their uses as professionals in the game use them

Will Washington make it with us? Probably not. Needs to move on to rejuvenate his career. There's a player in their somewhere.
          My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• Washington played with a strike partner with Posh, that's why he scored all those goals for them.

He's never been afforded that opportunity at QPR. We've always played him out wide or up top by himself. Play him alongside Sylla, Mackie or whoever (but preferably a target man) and you'd get more goals from him. It's not that he isn't a natural goalscorer, it's just we've never played him in the position he's most suited to. It's as simple as that in my view.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              Washington played with a strike partner with Posh, that's why he scored all those goals for them.

He's never been afforded that opportunity at QPR. We've always played him out wide or up top by himself. Play him alongside Sylla, Mackie or whoever (but preferably a target man) and you'd get more goals from him. It's not that he isn't a natural goalscorer, it's just we've never played him in the position he's most suited to. It's as simple as that in my view.
              Agree Stan, this along with the step up in standard - been tough for him.

Can see why he divides opinion currently, because there are flashes of potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                Agree Stan, this along with the step up in standard - been tough for him.

Can see why he divides opinion currently, because there are flashes of potential.
                Agree West, and I reckon he'd have made the step up if he'd been played to his strengths. And still could IMO.

Comment

• It seems like he panicks in front of goal. His shots hits the goalkeeper 8 out of 10 times.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Washington played with a strike partner with Posh, that's why he scored all those goals for them.
                    ...and this all happened in League 1.

Comment

Agree West, and I reckon he'd have made the step up if he'd been played to his strengths. And still could IMO.
                      But surely you wouldn't want to change the whole system to accommodate him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                        ...and this all happened in League 1.
                        Correct. The point being made is he needed to play in a similar system in order to make the step up (or at least initially to get his confidence up).

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
                          But surely you wouldn't want to change the whole system to accommodate him?
                          That's a debatable point Awin. The counter-argument is if you play him with a strike partner and he starts banging in the goals, then which is more important: Your goals FOR column, or your preferred system? #GoalsWinGames

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            Zamora was slated frequently as well and had to undergo hip surgery which kept getting put off. He also had more to his game, frequently holding the ball up and bringing other players into the fold.
                            Apples and oranges.

Comment

• Thank fu ck you're on this board Stanley, you're what brings me back tbh
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• In two minds about Washington. On the one hand I think he's a tenacious player and has conducted himself well despite the challenging situation. On the other hand, he's simply not scored and rarely looks like he will. We need goals and we need two solid strikers to achieve this.

Comment

Working...
                                X