Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    I get all that but, 1) It's banter. 2) half the time it's deserved because some posters opinions are so harsh and scathing on here.

In regards to Nas, we're the ones that have to 'read' (skim) Nasser's proclaiming data analysis, and preaching essay's every other day.

I personally don't have a problem with being called out if I get something wrong, it's what it's all about. It's an opinionated forum about our team, we don't all have to love each other 24/7. We can play nicely...
    Fair enough.

To be honest, I find the paralysis by analysis that is Nas' stats a right bore too. Same time I'm quite vocal and often wrong as well.

No need for niggle in my opinion!

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
      Nas is a good poster tbf and takes plenty of stick but comes back for more....
      exactly. Washington has that bit of confidence now which was totally missing under JFH and to be fair to Naz he still looks to lack a bit of composure. But compared to what we witnessed for a long time he's improving. It's ludicrous to compare him to Chas because they are totally different types.

edit Naz is like the rest of us. Some things he gets right, some he gets wrong. He's a kid himself and he loves his club. And stats are of use if they are interpreted properly as we've said before.
      Last edited by hal9thou; 02-02-2017, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Bit fed up people being "called out" on this site to be honest. We all have opinions and we all voice them (admittedly some louder than others). Sometimes we're right and other times we're wrong. Don't see why there is a need to get after somebody just cos what they thought to be true turned out not to be.
        For the simple reason that he tries to make out it's factual based on his jaundiced use of stats, when it's actually never anything more than just his opinion, just like everyone else's. In a nutshell, that's why he gets so much stick on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          For the simple reason that he tries to make out it's factual based on his jaundiced use of stats, when it's actually never anything more than just his opinion, just like everyone else's. In a nutshell, that's why he gets so much stick on here.
          see my edit - its Naz's interpretation, not his intention that can be a little difficult

Comment

Yeah, actually that's true isn't it?!!

I retract my previous comment........give him hell!

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
              Matt Smith and CW it is then.

Enjoy.
              Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Nice, 3 goals from our strikers from now till the end of the season and instead of complaining about them, people will complain about our midfield not scoring.

1 down, 2 to go

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
                Can't help but feel Sylla and Ngbakoto will be out the next window.
                on a sidenote: Sylla did play with an injury in the second half against Burton. Ollie mentioned it postmatch.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  So I've been one of CW's biggest critics. I don't take any of that back at all as imo I was right. But 2 goals in 2 games, one of which came away to Newcastle, and both of which came out of sheer tenaciousness, cannot be argued with. I'd like to see him given a go alongside Smith. Keep it up Conor, credit where its due.
                  Agree fully here, he's done really well last two games and I want him to keep that level up.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                    1 down, 2 to go
                    Haha I really want to be totally proven wrong on this. It would absolutely make me ecstatic for him to succeed because it means we as a club are doing well.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I don't masquerade them as being factual, I merely give factual backing in the form of stats to whatever my opinion is. It's always been an opinion, it just has backing from facts.

Comment

• To be so over critical of him and write him off, as many have done on here believing to be 'right' in doing so (even now), is no-where near being right - it's been plain wrong.

Clearly he is a confidence player, who is still developing and only relatively a short time ago in the grand scheme of things - came out of non-league in 2013.
                        He's been slated constantly by a select few that haven't taken all of the surrounding factors into consideration enough.

We should be backing our younger developing players like him, and especially the ones we sign from the lower leagues with limited professional football league experience; not writing them off and slating them after 6 months (that's all it took) - he's no Bosingwa signing.

Overall for me, the attitude toward Washington from a select few has been extremely precious, harsh, and out of order. Quite frankly I hope CW keeps making the select few eat humble pie - maybe they'll learn for the next time we make a signing like him.
                        Last edited by West London is Rss; 02-02-2017, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• The words of Jamie Mackie :

"I’m delighted for him, I really am.

“He’s playing in his natural position now and his all round game is flourishing because of that.

“I feel you can only judge players when they’re played in their natural positions - so for me, his QPR career really starts now.

“If I was playing centre-half and people were saying I was rubbish, they’d probably be right, because that’s not my position.

“But in all seriousness, he’s kept his head brilliantly when some people have maybe been beginning to write him off - and now he’s being rewarded by playing for a manager who plays him up top where he should be playing.

“He’s going to be a threat there - and I’ve said that all along.

“I’m not surprised in the slightest that he’s scored two in two - and I can only see him scoring more goals as his confidence goes from strength-to-strength.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/20...yJ0u4L5uoQs.99

Hard to argue with really.

Comment

• Was going to post that as well - top man.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                              The words of Jamie Mackie :

"I’m delighted for him, I really am.

“He’s playing in his natural position now and his all round game is flourishing because of that.

“I feel you can only judge players when they’re played in their natural positions - so for me, his QPR career really starts now.

“If I was playing centre-half and people were saying I was rubbish, they’d probably be right, because that’s not my position.

“But in all seriousness, he’s kept his head brilliantly when some people have maybe been beginning to write him off - and now he’s being rewarded by playing for a manager who plays him up top where he should be playing.

“He’s going to be a threat there - and I’ve said that all along.

“I’m not surprised in the slightest that he’s scored two in two - and I can only see him scoring more goals as his confidence goes from strength-to-strength.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/20...yJ0u4L5uoQs.99

Hard to argue with really.
                              Top man. And not a stupid stat in sight.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                                Was going to post that as well - top man.
                                Me too

Comment

Working...
                                X