Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
    Is it the same mate who told you Dack was signing?
    I can see a player in Conor, I'd like to keep him and see if it works out. Unlike Polter who from the first day I saw him knew he was a donkey.
    Haha in all fairness in regards to the Dack comment that came straight from the Gillingham captain at the time and I did say all he told me was we had enquired!

Unfortunately this text just come from one of my mates who works in the media! Don't think he's on the wind up as not like that but ain't got a clue where he heard this from and I genuinely haven't seen anyone lineked with Connor!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      Too true herts and the one main thing that i had forgot to put on my post! confidence in sports everything!
      So a full calendar year of lacking confidence is a valid reason to keep someone?
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

In fairness he's been given a lot less chances than Luongo. How many assists and goals does Luongo have in his appearances?

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
          In fairness he's been given a lot less chances than Luongo. How many assists and goals does Luongo have in his appearances?
          Luongo is not a striker, and has 8 assists since joining.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            I've played football enough and studied the game enough to not need my opinion invalidated on the matter. A good striker takes his chances. 18 shots from inside the penalty box with only 2 goals (one of which is actually Polter's goal) is not good enough. If he was as talented as people seem to believe he is, as a striker, he wouldn't snatch at chances, he'd keep his cool and put it away. Seb Polter, who people seem to think isn't good enough only has 19 shots inside the box, but scored 4 from them this season while supposedly being not good enough. Star striker Sylla has only needed 16 shots inside the box to score 6 goals.

He's also got a terrible first touch, worse than Polter, particularly relative to the size difference, but people still seem to rate his ability... He's got the most unsuccessful dribbles at the club total, shocking really, 23 unsuccessful and 10 successful dribbles total this season.

If there's validation for keeping Washington, there should be at least double the reason to keep Polter here ahead of him, but people seem content with letting the more effective of the two leave
            I only need 1 reason to flog polter hes garbage. I live in pboro when cant get finished work on time i go london rd hes a 2 up top guy. He was heckled same as we do at the bush westley came in at pboro and he was banging them in. Jfh gets him and fooks him up its confidence with him hes a quiet lad but give him a chance with sylla hell score. But if you want 1 up dont bother cos he aint tbe right guy for it and to be fair neither are most cf other than top quality ones

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              Well at least you know how things go
              Besides, it's not me that decided he's dogsh!t, it's his 2 goals since he arrived that did that.
              Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
              Again ive said to you about that if youve played the game youd know how when things dont go, you snatch at chances, its the way the game goes!
              I totally agree.

Washington needs games as a central striker alongside or playing off another. At least he should be given a run of games until the end of this month to see what he can do.
              Ipswich can always sign him on loan in February.with a perm deal in the summer.

Comment

Luongo is not a striker, and has 8 assists since joining.
                Well he's been played as a box to box or attacking midfielder, so 8 assists as a return is diabolical

Comment

Well he's been played as a box to box or attacking midfielder, so 8 assists as a return is diabolical
                  LOOOOOOOOL In he was played as an attacking midfielder once, there's an entire thread dedicated to how people are annoyed that he's been deployed defensively when they want him to be an attacking player.

Comment

LOOOOOOOOL In he was played as an attacking midfielder once, there's an entire thread dedicated to how people are annoyed that he's been deployed defensively when they want him to be an attacking player.
                    But he hasn't been deployed as a defensive midfielder. You think that's his best position fin but he has been played as box to box

Comment

Agreed.

Even defensive midfielders get a few assists and goals, not that Luongo has been deployed as a solely defensive midfielder protecting the back 4. Given the amount of goals conceded, he is doing a good job there either.

But he hasn't been deployed as a defensive midfielder. You think that's his best position fin but he has been played as box to box
                      Agreed again.
                      I have often seen him getting inside or just outside the area and shooting without scoring or opting not to shoot at all (perhaps because he too lacks confidence).

Comment

Nowhere near good enough, very poor player whose had his chance. Watched him Monday running towards the Ipswich defenders when should be running into space to receive. A centre halfs dream !' Let's sign a decent striker who actually does what he's paid to do, far King score goals!!!
                        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

We don't exactly have the luxury of keeping hold of a player to nurture his confidence, if a decent offer comes in and we've got other targets in mind I would 100% sell

Comment

If we got 50% back of what we paid I'd say that's worth taking. Played out of position or not I can't see anything about him that suggests he is worth keeping.

Comment

So a full calendar year of lacking confidence is a valid reason to keep someone?

Already answered this with fernando torres and a question mark which you convientantly ignored lol
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I've played football enough and studied the game enough to not need my opinion invalidated on the matter. A good striker takes his chances. 18 shots from inside the penalty box with only 2 goals (one of which is actually Polter's goal) is not good enough. If he was as talented as people seem to believe he is, as a striker, he wouldn't snatch at chances, he'd keep his cool and put it away. Seb Polter, who people seem to think isn't good enough only has 19 shots inside the box, but scored 4 from them this season while supposedly being not good enough. Star striker Sylla has only needed 16 shots inside the box to score 6 goals.

He's also got a terrible first touch, worse than Polter, particularly relative to the size difference, but people still seem to rate his ability... He's got the most unsuccessful dribbles at the club total, shocking really, 23 unsuccessful and 10 successful dribbles total this season.

If there's validation for keeping Washington, there should be at least double the reason to keep Polter here ahead of him, but people seem content with letting the more effective of the two leave
                                But how many times has Polter been played on the wing? Polter is obviously better suited to the system we played under JFH than Washington. You may be taking in to account same amount of chances in the box but how difficult were they, what were the angles like, what pressure did they have on them from opposing players? All factors.

Will say CW should have buried at least 4 of his chances on top of the two already though. Confidence is a big part of a strikers game. He doesn't have any because he hasn't been played in a formation that suits him.

Can he make it for us and can we potentially waste any more time on him? Probably not if there is no chance of a 442 formation. Also don't think Loftus Road is a big enough pitch to be playing the ball in behind which is what he wants, not with what's behind him. Faurlin could play him the perfect pass consistently but not sure any of our other players could (except Ned now apparently!)
                                My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Working...
                                X