No announcement yet.

Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a shame about Connor, he has the ingredients to develop into a good Scott Hogan/Andre Gray type striker - unfortunately it hasn't quite happened for him.

It would pain me to see a young English striker who's only had a year at this level, be sold - especially one with such a good attitude.
    I don't like giving up on our young English talent. I'd like to loan him out in an ideal world.

I can see letting him go be a typical QPR clanger IMO. We'll sell him and he'll develop and score bundles for someone in League 1 or another team in the Champ.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      It's a shame about Connor, he has the ingredients to develop into a good Scott Hogan/Andre Gray type striker - unfortunately it hasn't quite happened for him.

It would pain me to see a young English striker who's only had a year at this level, be sold - especially one with such a good attitude.
      I don't like giving up on our young English talent. I'd like to loan him out in an ideal world.

I can see letting him go be a typical QPR clanger IMO. We'll sell him and he'll develop and score bundles for someone in League 1 or another team in the Champ.
      Have to agree with this. For me Washington has been played totally wrong as a lone striker with balls lumped up to him and then put on the wing. He needs to be played alongside Sylla and feed off knock-downs and through-passes.

Would rather see a loan move for him to get his confidence back up than for us to sell him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
        But how many times has Polter been played on the wing? Polter is obviously better suited to the system we played under JFH than Washington. You may be taking in to account same amount of chances in the box but how difficult were they, what were the angles like, what pressure did they have on them from opposing players? All factors.

Will say CW should have buried at least 4 of his chances on top of the two already though. Confidence is a big part of a strikers game. He doesn't have any because he hasn't been played in a formation that suits him.

Can he make it for us and can we potentially waste any more time on him? Probably not if there is no chance of a 442 formation. Also don't think Loftus Road is a big enough pitch to be playing the ball in behind which is what he wants, not with what's behind him. Faurlin could play him the perfect pass consistently but not sure any of our other players could (except Ned now apparently!)
        I will say the mistake was signing him in the first place if we weren't gonna play to a system that he can supposedly thrive in... with that being said, there's no excuse for a striker to constantly hit it straight at the keeper. You can call it confidence all you want, but the fact of the matter is, it's poor quality finishing. Any half decent striker doesn't let confidence affect them long term, they keep doing what they do knowing eventually it'll go in... but with CW, it never goes in.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          I will say the mistake was signing him in the first place if we weren't gonna play to a system that he can supposedly thrive in... with that being said, there's no excuse for a striker to constantly hit it straight at the keeper. You can call it confidence all you want, but the fact of the matter is, it's poor quality finishing. Any half decent striker doesn't let confidence affect them long term, they keep doing what they do knowing eventually it'll go in... but with CW, it never goes in.
          Agree that we should never have signed him if we weren't going to play to his strength(s). Bit unfair to say he hits it at the keeper all the time, he's missed the target completely a fair few times too!

Give him a run of games with a formation playing to his strengths I think he'd do the business. Doesn't look like Holloway wants to play that way so I would say move on, if only for the sake of his career.

Shame though, one of only a few players with real pace and acceleration in the team.
          My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

with that being said, there's no excuse for a striker to constantly hit it straight at the keeper.
            Don't think he gets enough chances set up for him to call it "constant"

Comment

Loaning him out is a bit of a shout

Comment

Originally posted by blueandwright View Post
                Loaning him out is a bit of a shout
                Give him to Brizzle on loan to soften up the Freeman deal

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  Don't think he gets enough chances set up for him to call it "constant"
                  Here you go, inside the penalty area and 6 yard box, these are the top 3 shot takers at the club:

Polter - 22
                  Sylla - 20
                  Washington - 19

He gets chances, he's just not good enough at putting them away, I don't know how 2 goals in 19 shots in the box can be defended and actually watching him, you'll see that he does hit it straight at the keeper when he's on target and even one of his two goals is really Polter's goal.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Here you go, inside the penalty area and 6 yard box, these are the top 3 shot takers at the club:

Polter - 22
                    Sylla - 20
                    Washington - 19

He gets chances, he's just not good enough at putting them away, I don't know how 2 goals in 19 shots in the box can be defended and actually watching him, you'll see that he does hit it straight at the keeper when he's on target and even one of his two goals is really Polter's goal.
                    What's Luongo's shots to goals ratio?

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                      What's Luongo's shots to goals ratio?
                      Stop ####ing comparing luongo to our strikers, he is a box to box cm and I don't know why you feel the need to hate on mass, one of our most talented players, in an attempt to defends a shite striker that can't score for #### ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers10 View Post
                        Stop ####ing comparing luongo to our strikers, he is a box to box cm and I don't know why you feel the need to hate on mass, one of our most talented players, in an attempt to defends a shite striker that can't score for #### ffs.
                        Angry. Just pointing out that shots to goals ratio means dick about a players ability. Seeing as Nass rates Mass top Midfielder in the division i'd like to draw the comparision with Washington whom he doesn't rate.

And don't tell me what to do either.

Comment

Polter - 22
                          Sylla - 20
                          Washington - 19

And how many of those so called chances were far right in the box and not even half chances? & btw you didnt answer about torres poor time at chelsea about how you judge strikers like washingtons spell?! lol
                          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

We all know certain points can be backed up with stats etc. but when speaking about Washington, I think it's quite tasteless to be so harsh - I'm fully aware of what Nasser thinks of CW, I've had previous run-ins about it and got absolutely no-where with him but it's his prerogative.
                            It's very easy to look at the stats of his performances and say ''oh, well he just isn't doing it, he isn't good enough, get rid''.

This Washington thing runs deeper than that IMO, because it's more than just about current performance and stats of the last year with this guy. I think most would agree, he has the raw potential there to succeed and score goals at this level - there are flashes of it currently.

IMO he isn't the sort of player we should just give up on and cast aside - his progression hasn't been as hoped, that's a given, but his attitude has been nothing short of exemplary in regards to working hard and trying. I personally believe he can develop.

In hindsight, maybe we should of signed him and loaned him back to P'boro.

I think a loan to a top League 1 side for the run-in would be perfect currently.
                            Last edited by West London is Rss; 06-01-2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Agree west, also hes only done what managers have told him on the pitch regarding playing on the far right, but if we`re not going to give him a chance in a two upfront, a loan would be a good move, would rather it to a championship side if he could get in it to boost his confidence in this league!
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                                Angry. Just pointing out that shots to goals ratio means dick about a players ability. Seeing as Nass rates Mass top Midfielder in the division i'd like to draw the comparision with Washington whom he doesn't rate.

And don't tell me what to do either.
                                But one is a striker and one is a midfielder, the striker should have a good shots to goals rate, which Washington clearly hasn't, and it is almost irrelevant for mass as being the player he is he doesn't get as many chances as conor.

And I'll tell you what I think of your opinion, like it or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X