No announcement yet.

Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tbh its outrageous we`ve got professional footballers that simply cant see or thread a ball through, madness tbh when there full time and what there getting paid!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• All this no service ?? Punt any ball into the box and he still won't score. His head mentally can't handle this level, probably half decent if his head was right.good forwards create their own chances.
      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        This with big bells on. I'd add Luongo to that mix. No goals from central midfield all f acking season. Two last year. So easy to slate Washington. So, so easy.
        Yeah because he's sh!t. And it's his primary job to score goals isn't it? Not Luongo's though, which makes Washington worse.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          Yeah because he's sh!t. And it's his primary job to score goals isn't it? Not Luongo's though, which makes Washington worse.
          Washington gets a free pass because the system isn't suited to him.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• I personally think there's also potential in Polter as well as Washington - it's just about developing them, as they were both a different type of buy to our past buys (proven buys).
            Unfortunately a lot of Rangers fans don't have enough patience to understand development and progression. A lot want that instant success from players, no matter their age or experience.

I think what's different with Washington is that you can see the raw ingredients are there to be a good striker - pacey, young, good movement.
            As said before though, maybe the QPR move was a little bit too soon for him - should of loaned him back for a season, like we should still do now.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Washington gets a free pass because the system isn't suited to him.
              No striker deserves a free pass for two goals in 34 games. By that logic Holloway also gets a free pass to lose six in a row because he didn't build that team. You play with the hand you're dealt with and adapt.

Comment

• Totally agree west, also think same bout polter, but while we've got these two we should atleast have say another one thats a better already striker so the polters and washington can learn abit more! They shouldnt be our no1 strikers if there still learning unless good enough! So like understudies.

But a loan out for conor would do him good especially a championship side if we're not going to use him in a two upfront, mind you saying that we might still need him for this season the way things are atm!
                Last edited by Pinkie; 09-01-2017, 10:57 AM.
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                  Totally agree west, also think same bout polter, but while we've got these two we should atleast have say another one thats a better already striker so the polters and washington can learn abit more! They shouldnt be our no1 strikers if there still learning unless good enough! So like understudies.

But a loan out for conor would do him good especially a championship side if we're not going to use him in a two upfront, mind you saying that we might still need him for this season the way things are atm!
                  Yeah agree mate, neither are currently good enough/developed enough to lead the line for us week in, week out.

Comment

• Clearly Washington's record suggests he's not good enough. Like Luongo. That's not surprising given he was signed by Jimmy and Les. He's probably s hit, but the point can also be made that he's hardly ever played up front in a two and never in front of a decent chance creating midfield. Best not to get rid when we've no other strikers though, eh. Only a fool could claim that's giving Washington 'a free pass'.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensParkPurgatory View Post
                      No striker deserves a free pass for two goals in 34 games. By that logic Holloway also gets a free pass to lose six in a row because he didn't build that team. You play with the hand you're dealt with and adapt.
                      I agree to a certain extent 2 in 34 aint good but either way you look at it we just missing one thing in most places and that is talent and quality. I think when we went down from championship last time we wasn't this bad i know we wasn't that good either!

you can bang on about patience as much as you like but dropping from this league to league 1 would be a financial catastrophe for us

Comment

• Dropped or injured last night? (wasn't even on the bench)

Comment

• INJURED ACCORDING TO oLLIE
                          oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

• He's not good enough, similar to paying tax one gets no return. All the what ifs if we sold him and he set the world alight,panicky Pete's. Let's concentrate on making Rangers a team we can be proud of again, washeduptington ain't got what we need .
                            Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                              He's not good enough, similar to paying tax one gets no return. All the what ifs if we sold him and he set the world alight,panicky Pete's. Let's concentrate on making Rangers a team we can be proud of again, washeduptington ain't got what we need .
                              Sadly I totally agree unless olly can somehow sprinkle magic dust on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                                But I'd take him up top any day over Seb Polter.
                                no brainer. The other problem for me up top is Washington. He's supposed to be a striker FFS. Not at this level. Polter and Washington were two awful bits of business, many said so at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X