Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    Saturday. Keeper spilled the shot and Mackie was nearly in.
    See post #178 above
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• I think he is rubbish. Get rid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        That's precisely the argument though. Since he's been at the club he hasn't had a run of games in that position, and therefore impossible to judge him on his strengths. I would predict that if he was sold to another Championship club and played off a target man regularly, it's likely he would score goals consistently.
        A true goalscorer will get a better return than Washington no matter where he's played. His stats with us are just horrendous. In the games he has played alongside a target he looks to lack composure on the ball in key areas, panicky even. Looks to still lack confidence. He is just not the type of cool hitman who feasts on the crumbs. Not at this level.

Keeping him and playing him would tie us to a system. If we bring him on just to switch set up he still wont be getting a regular 90m = the problem you raised. It all comes down to a punt. Looks like he's staying anyway, so we shall see.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
          In the games he has played alongside a target he looks to lack composure on the ball in key areas, panicky even. Looks to still lack confidence. He is just not the type of cool hitman who feasts on the crumbs. Not at this level.
          Ok, we're going round in circles now Hal. I've already addressed the bit in bold a couple of times in this debate, which essentially negates the rest of your argument. To repeat: He's never had a back to back run of 4 to 5 games in that position to be able to judge accurately/fairly.

Comment

• Total b*llocks to write Washington off IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              Total b*llocks to write Washington off IMO.
              He's written himself off as a striker by scoring 1.5 goals in a year of league football for QPR.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                He's never had a back to back run of 4 to 5 games in that position to be able to judge accurately/fairly.
                sure, but like I said

A true goalscorer will return a better ratio than Washington no matter where he's played.
                Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                1.5 goals in a year of league football for QPR.

Comment

• Maybe he's another one who's family all got killed in a war?

Comment

• In Peterborough for a loan according to Twitter on the org !

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      sure, but like I said, a true goalscorer will return a better ratio than Washington no matter where he's played.
                      I'm not making out he's the answer to all our goalscoring problems. I (and others) are just saying he hasn't been played to exploit his strengths, and as such we've likely seen a much worse goals return then we otherwise would have.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                        In Peterborough for a loan according to Twitter on the org !
                        Means we must have a striker lined up if there's any truth to that

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                          See post #178 above
                          Has done it other times this season, couple of home games ago I remember him cutting in a couple of times and hitting a fizzing shot in which the keeper saved.

Real split opinion on CW - there's the usual ones who don't like him, end of, and haven't done for a while. And then there's the ones which see flashes and refuse to write him off just yet, taking the circumstances of his playing position etc. into account.

Either way, neither view is gospel.

There's a Nasser view, and there's a Mush view - probably the one player that divides the most opinion currently.

I for one, like his energy and see flashes of proper potential, and because of this I won't right him off. He's shown more than Gladwin which is why I'm not writing him off, as opposed to Gladwin, whom I would.
                          Last edited by West London is Rss; 25-01-2017, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            In Peterborough for a loan according to Twitter on the org !
                            Re-evaluate his position when he gets back.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                              Has done it other times this season, couple of home games ago I remember him cutting in a couple of times and hitting a fizzing shot in which the keeper saved.

Real split opinion on CW - there's the usual ones who don't like him, end of, and haven't done for a while. And then there's the ones which see flashes and refuse to write him off just yet, taking the circumstances of his playing position etc. into account.

Either way, neither view is gospel.

There's a Nasser view, and there's a Mush view - probably the one player that divides the most opinion currently.
                              And the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I've found myself getting frustrated by him more and more over the course of the season having been really impressed by his contribution for NI during the Euros.
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                                And the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I've found myself getting frustrated by him more and more over the course of the season having been really impressed by his contribution for NI during the Euros.
                                During the Euros? Or in qualifying because he was god awful in the competition itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X