No announcement yet.

Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On CW I think most objective observers would say there was lot of huffing and puffing and he lacked composure in and close to the box.

On the other side of the coin the set up and the then manager failed to accomodate him positively, or if he did there was little evidence. Even at the Euros if you compare his onfield display with the guy who replaced him (who wasn't even a forward) you'd have to say the latter carried more threat. But again, CW wasn't being played in a set up helpful to him.

The signs of positivity were therefore pretty limited.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
      Sorrry, who is the they?

I never wanted JFH here and said so before game one, ie before your time on here. An awful lot of people disagreed. Suddenly, because CW has banged in a couple you're gloating. Because he's doing his job. How does that work|?

It just an internet forum, its all about legitimacy of opinion.
      Good post. It's great CW is scoring. Only took him a year to start...
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        I am sorry but that is absolute b*llocks.
        Yeah, he ran. A lot. And an some more. And did very very little else.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          I personally don't think it was early... it's been a year until we've seen the signs of anything positive. As I said, hopefully it continues.

As for Pinkie's post, how ridiculous to say that people are still taking digs because they were proven wrong, I've personally literally just been positive towards the player since these last two games. Your reaction Pinkie is continually irrational and with a desire to go out and just say I told you so. I recall 2 threads off the top of my head started by you just to call people out for having disagreed with you. We're all happy that Conor is doing well because as I've said, it means the team is doing well. No one hates it, no one is upset that he's succeeding.
          If you think you've seen NOTHING positive in the year from him, then you're deluded quite frankly. There's been countless flashes of cutting in, pace and strikes at goal - which I would class as, something positive.

I've said absolutely nothing wrong. I'm in the camp of backing our younger players who work hard, not being over critical of them, full stop. Especially the ones who need more support than others, and confidence.

To all the critics saying 'it's been over a year', 'about time' - Again I ask, have you listened to the reasons and circumstances surrounding as to why this might be? And are you willing to accept them? I'm guessing not. For the last time - we are not buying the finished article in players anymore, if it takes them a year to settle and perform, then so be it... we're buying to develop!! I'm sure Ian Wright, Jamie Vardy, Charlie Austin, all had enough write offs in their time...
          Last edited by West London is Rss; 03-02-2017, 02:28 PM.

Comment

I personally don't think it was early... it's been a year until we've seen the signs of anything positive. As I said, hopefully it continues.

As for Pinkie's post, how ridiculous to say that people are still taking digs because they were proven wrong, I've personally literally just been positive towards the player since these last two games. Your reaction Pinkie is continually irrational and with a desire to go out and just say I told you so. I recall 2 threads off the top of my head started by you just to call people out for having disagreed with you. We're all happy that Conor is doing well because as I've said, it means the team is doing well. No one hates it, no one is upset that he's succeeding.

Round & round in circles, how many times does it need to said about how hes not been played in his right position and given the confidence that ollies giving him, youre mate jimmy who you bigged up was clueless in all departments & inept at getting the best out of players! hence jamie mackies comments stating we`re only starting from now with conor! honestly ......
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Ollies slowly bringing out the best in people, and Washingtons 1 of them!.
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                Round & round in circles, how many times does it need to said about how hes not been played in his right position and given the confidence that ollies giving him, youre mate jimmy who you bigged up was clueless in all departments & inept at getting the best out of players! hence jamie mackies comments stating we`re only starting from now with conor! honestly ......
                This post makes zero sense, you've said stuff that is pretty irrelevant to my post. Once again though, you've proven that what you do is look to gloat by calling me out over supporting Jimmy till the end. You don't make a legitimate argument, you just attack someone's opinion on matters that aren't related so that you can devalue their overall opinion.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Basically a couple or three pages back hal & nasser were giving the big one with sarky comments about 3 goals all season - enjoy, now acting all innocent, yet you were being sarky thinking conor wont score again lol, quite funny really and nas theres nothing irrational with my comments or gloating, just pointing out the same as you do plenty of times with youre essays about how pant washington is! can point out loads of posts if you would like me to?!

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                    If you think you've seen NOTHING positive in the year from him, then you're deluded quite frankly. There's been countless flashes of cutting in, pace and strikes at goal - which I would class as, something positive.

I've said absolutely nothing wrong. I'm in the camp of backing our younger players who work hard, not being over critical of them, full stop. Especially the ones who need more support than others, and confidence.

To all the critics saying 'it's been over a year', 'about time' - Again I ask, have you listened to the reasons and circumstances surrounding as to why this might be? And are you willing to accept them? I'm guessing not. For the last time - we are not buying the finished article in players anymore, if it takes them a year to settle and perform, then so be it... we're buying to develop!! I'm sure Ian Wright, Jamie Vardy, Charlie Austin, all had enough write offs in their time...
                    I understand that mate, and I agree that you didn't say much wrong, I just think that suggesting he wasn't good enough after a year isn't as harsh as you're making it out to be, especially given the lack of goals in that period. Glad to see him doing well now as I said though.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

This post makes zero sense, you've said stuff that is pretty irrelevant to my post. Once again though, you've proven that what you do is look to gloat by calling me out over supporting Jimmy till the end. You don't make a legitimate argument, you just attack someone's opinion on matters that aren't related so that you can devalue their overall opinion.
                      OH THE IRONY

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                        Basically a couple or three pages back hal & nasser were giving the big one with sarky comments about 3 goals all season - enjoy, now acting all innocent, yet you were being sarky thinking conor wont score again lol, quite funny really and nas theres nothing irrational with my comments or gloating, just pointing out the same as you do plenty of times with youre essays about how pant washington is! can point out loads of posts if you would like me to?!
                        He was pants mate... he was performing poorly and just running around. He's scoring now and I want it to continue, don't be daft. But again, just proving my point that you don't argue a point, you just devalue opinions to make yours seem more valid.

Comment

You are an obnoxiuos git you really are, you remind me of a politician worming youre way around proven wrong by trying to be clever with youre wording lol, carry on as its tickling me....

Comment

I understand that mate, and I agree that you didn't say much wrong, I just think that suggesting he wasn't good enough after a year isn't as harsh as you're making it out to be, especially given the lack of goals in that period. Glad to see him doing well now as I said though.
                            Have you looked at the circumstances around why him not performing for a year to your standard, might be? I'd like to hear a viewpoint and reasons for that viewpoint, from someone who has weighed all of this up and still holds the judgement that he hasn't been good enough for a year.

Stop saying he was just running around and was 'pants', give me more substance. Why do you think he was poor for a year, and has now started to perform? Why?

Comment

OH THE IRONY
                              Its quite funny i must admit

Comment

Have you looked at the circumstances around why him not performing for a year to your standard, might be? I'd like to hear a viewpoint and reasons for that viewpoint, from someone who has weighed all of this up and still holds the judgement that he hasn't been good enough for a year.

Stop saying he was just running around and was 'pants', give me more substance. Why do you think he was poor for a year, and has now started to perform? Why?

He just ignores it west

Comment

Working...
                                X