Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    Great post
    Usual b ollocks, I'm afraid. Fella thinks every other QPR player is a Messi, a Piero, a Ronaldo (the good one and the fat one), bar one...... I'd call that a vendetta.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      Usual b ollocks, I'm afraid. Fella thinks every other QPR player is a Messi, a Piero, a Ronaldo (the good one and the fat one), bar one...... I'd call that a vendetta.
      A Vendetta? Jaysus mate, are you related to the kid by any chance? Tell him that I'm sorry it hasn't worked out and I wish him the best in his future endeavours, be they here or elsewhere (as long as it ain't at Fulham, can't stand them).

Also, I see our weaknesses, acknowledge them and understand them. You may choose not to, but that is your prerogative. We lack goals, so you have blamed the midfield for not chipping. We lack goals, so I blame the strikers. We have one striker who's scoring in limited minutes and doing a decent job without being spectacular. We have another striker who's not scoring, but bless him, he runs. If a striker scores the shots he takes, the midfield isn't brought into question for their goalscoring. It's their job to recycle the ball from the defensive phase to the attacking phase. It's the striker's job to instigate a kick off.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• We paid 2.5 million for him,play him off a target man striker (hopefully we will get one in soon) and we might get the goals,still too early to give up on him,certainly wouldn't swap him for ward as Ted wants

Comment

• can't make up my mind with this kid , sometimes think it's in there but so far he's been poor to alright . plenty of work rate but no end product

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
            We paid 2.5 million for him,play him off a target man striker (hopefully we will get one in soon) and we might get the goals,still too early to give up on him,certainly wouldn't swap him for ward as Ted wants
            So who are you sacrificing from the current lineup to stick him alongside a big lump?

Comment

Naz is spot on about Washington and I've always agreed with him on this one. No amount of running about makes you a footballer. Whenever he has played off a target man - supposedly his strong point - he doesn't look to have any composure, can't make any time for himself at this level.

Lower down the scale maybe, but at the end of the day he was misguidedly bought to put it in the net.

Comment

I think that's an exaggeration on your part mate. He's spot on about Washington.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                  Whenever he has played off a target man - supposedly his strong point - he doesn't look to have any composure, can't make any time for himself at this level.
                  That's precisely the argument though. Since he's been at the club he hasn't had a run of games in that position, and therefore impossible to judge him on his strengths. I would predict that if he was sold to another Championship club and played off a target man regularly, it's likely he would score goals consistently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    That's precisely the argument though. Since he's been at the club he hasn't had a run of games in that position, and therefore impossible to judge him on his strengths. I would predict that if he was sold to another Championship club and played off a target man regularly, it's likely he would score goals consistently.
                    Bang on.

Washington came in to a system where JFH insisted on lumping balls forward to a single striker. Fck me, the bloke is a midget and is expected to win the ball from the air against 6ft+ CB's? NEVER going to happen.

Comment

• Washington would do better on the wing imo, hes like a young mackie

Comment

• My biggest problem with Washington isn't even the lack of goals. Can anyone give me one example of when he has had the ball at his feet, taken on a defender and actually beaten them and got a shot off or cross in?
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                          My biggest problem with Washington isn't even the lack of goals. Can anyone give me one example of when he has had the ball at his feet, taken on a defender and actually beaten them and got a shot off or cross in?
                          He did it against Fulham when he came on, picked it up ran at the defence cut inside and got a good shot low down to the keepers right that was saved.

For some reason its not happened for him but for sure hes got potential and he will come good, im sure of it!!

Comment

• Originally posted by tkqpr View Post
                            He did it against Fulham when he came on, picked it up ran at the defence cut inside and got a good shot low down to the keepers right that was saved.

For some reason its not happened for him but for sure hes got potential and he will come good, im sure of it!!
                            You are right, I forgot about that one - but that's about the only one in how many appearances?
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• The reason why he's such a debatale player is that he's not a bad player!..he's young, can hold the ball, take a player on, fast, strong, etc etc but can just not score a goal!.. if he was just an all out bad player then the decision would be easy, but he's not. I mean talk out potential, the mans full of it. But right now, in this moment in time, we need goals!.. shame, if we could (financially AND patience) keep hold of him and develop him into a real goal threat.
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                                My biggest problem with Washington isn't even the lack of goals. Can anyone give me one example of when he has had the ball at his feet, taken on a defender and actually beaten them and got a shot off or cross in?
                                Saturday. Keeper spilled the shot and Mackie was nearly in.

Comment

Working...
                                X