No announcement yet.

Next manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Westy, You and I were the first to pick up on Chery on this board and that was based over a period of games not just one or two. I formed the same on Onuhua a year ago saying Dunney carried him and stand by that. I base it over periods not one game.

Comment

Lee Johnson, Chris hughton.....got to break the bank and go for an experienced manager, 3 year deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Every game is like groundhog game, 73. Every one. Rubbish. Clueless management. Playing Cousins and Washington on the wings with wingers on the bench? Having seen how woeful Cousins is there everytime he plays there? Take one example from last night: Give a LB his first start in six months (his second ever start), watch him be ceaselessly taken to the cleaners, then provide him with no cover by moving Washington up front, take said LB off after sixty mins, replace him with a winger, move the RB to LB, finally shift the central midfielder playing right wing to RB (having played a CB RB all season)...... Concede a second from the left. How big a c ant must you be to do that??????? How? And to do it again and again and again and again? If that unlikable b astard isn't off PDQ, I won't be able go watch a match. Thick as mince and unfit for purpose. From day one.
        Don't hold back mate, say what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
          Roberto Martinez?.
          excellent manager imo. AVB still free...... ditto Silva.......

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            Don't hold back mate, say what you think.

Comment

Chris Hughton and David Bardsley?
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                Every game is like groundhog game, 73. Every one. Rubbish. Clueless management. Playing Cousins and Washington on the wings with wingers on the bench? Having seen how woeful Cousins is there everytime he plays there? Take one example from last night: Give a LB his first start in six months (his second ever start), watch him be ceaselessly taken to the cleaners, then provide him with no cover by moving Washington up front, take said LB off after sixty mins, replace him with a winger, move the RB to LB, finally shift the central midfielder playing right wing to RB (having played a CB RB all season)...... Concede a second from the left. How big a c ant must you be to do that??????? How? And to do it again and again and again and again? If that unlikable b astard isn't off PDQ, I won't be able go watch a match. Thick as mince and unfit for purpose. From day one.
                Welcome back mate. Your excellent analyses have been missed.

Comment

Wild Thing will be available soon.

Comment

Paul Clement - did a great job at Derby but was sacked by an irrational chairman. Perfect fit at LR for lots of reasons and would jump at the chance of sticking two fingers up at Mel Morris.

Comment

• I'd get Tony on the phone to 'dream manager' at Bayern ASAP. Entice him with big wage and reins to overhaul all coaching at the club from top to bottom.

Doubt this will happen mind........

Comment

• Originally posted by amusant View Post
                        Paul Clement - did a great job at Derby but was sacked by an irrational chairman. Perfect fit at LR for lots of reasons and would jump at the chance of sticking two fingers up at Mel Morris.
                        I think Paul Clement would be the perfect fit here if we had the budget. But I'm not sure how he'd do with our motley crew of bargain buys.

As many have said, one issue seems to be how they would get on with our DoF. The second issue is, given the new budgetary restraints, and the relatively small size of this club, who do we have the power to attract as a manager?

Theoretically, JFH seemed like a perfect fit, because he ticked the above boxes. However it seems maybe this job was too early for him in his career - he still has lessons to learn, and learning them whilst managing Rangers is not exactly endearing him to the fans.

Ideally we'd turn up another Eddie Howe. Who exactly comes close to that in terms of availability? We don't just need a motivator, we need an astute tactician, someone who can handle the rough and tumble and the expectations, and someone who can handle Les. Whilst at the same time plying a brand of attractive football.

Last edited by Hubble; 29-10-2016, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• So one of the arguments for JFH being out of his depth is because he lacks experience so the suggestion is to replace him with manager with less experience in Clement who actually has no track record

He never from memory done that great at Derby they were up and down never got fascination with him. Our next manager has to know his onions can't take another chance as we're not a lucky club everything goes wrong.

Comment

• Paul Clement is currently the number 2 at Bayern Munich, but who knows: maybe he would fancy a job where his father played most of his fotball?
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

• If we're going down the untested route and someone with potential I would take a chance on Danny Murphy that guy talks some serious sense and has strong views on how the game should be played and is itching to get into management

Comment

• After Jimmy and Chris, 1 thing we need is someone who has actually managed in the championship

Comment

Working...
                                X