No announcement yet.

Next manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone come up with Ramsey's points up till the end of October compared to JFH

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      Can someone come up with Ramsey's points up till the end of October compared to JFH
      Its worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
        Yes of course. We all know that. With Danny Murphy it's an instinct thing. I have an instinct, like Wests, that he would be a good manager. And I don't think that perception is purely instinctive:

"Murphy started out as a trainee at Crewe Alexandra.Murphy has always praised the role of Crewe manager Dario Gradi in his footballing education, considering him as his mentor:
        He took me from boy to man. He taught me about tactics, where to stand, how to play the right way and he knocked some discipline into me. I was a bit precocious, a bit silly as a kid and he straightened me out.

Gradi always rated the footballing brain of Murphy, and used to send him on scouting missions even as a trainee."

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_...er,_born_1977)

Here's the bottom line. No matter who we get as a manager, there are always 23 other teams vying with us to get promoted. And only three will do that. Even the apparently greatest managers can get it wrong, will lose matches, even get relegated. And rookies can sometimes succeed where others failed. The truth is, no one knows what works all the time, only some of the time. There are no guarantees.

So a change of manager can sometimes be worse than keeping the one you've got. There's a lot to say about stability, and even someone as loathed (as he is on here) as JFH can change and evolve and learn. Indeed, we've seen him implement things people have asked for on here: dropping Karl Henry, for example. Which I always thought was inevitable once JFH was satisfied Ariel was ready. People asked for Washington to be given a chance. He's been given a chance and is now a first team regular. Playing two up front, changing the system, he's done all of this. It still doesn't guarantee wins and he's still got a fairly limited (in terms of ability) squad at his disposal. We still don't know, for a fact, that JFH won't come good in time. All this sound and fury obscures the subtle changes and tweaks that are being made.

It's true that JFH is still learning his trade. But I would argue that he is learning. When we see what we believe to be his mistakes, there are often reasons behind the scenes that we don't know about - why one player features not another - and we are often far too hasty to judge. Such is the nature of football. I'd still like to give JFH time, because I think he has the potential to become a good manager. but I also concede that many people are fed up, and that they don't agree with me. They don't think JFH is evolving, they think he's static. Fair enough. At the end of the day, it's all about opinions.

Sacking JFH may work, or it may upset things even further. Instability can lead to a downward spiral, a tailspin that we've seen other clubs have not recovered from. So be careful what you wish for.

I must say hubs that as much as I disagree with a lot of your posts this one was well put ..

I can see where you are coming from but I do not feel we have that time to see if he comes good eventually,

We were a premiership side not very long ago and as disastrous as some of it was, we still had some great victories along the way, chelsea etc...

Look how far removed we are from that now but I do appreciate we are rebuilding ... what I don't agree with is that the Les JFH combo is working or will work in the future,,

Whilst we still have the luxury of parachute payments , we need to put them to good use and bring in some quality both on the playing and managerial side ,,,,

I for one don't believe this season is lost if we make change pronto ,,, failure to do this could well leave us languishing forever in the lower echelons of championship and possibly league 1 ...

JFH may well turn out in the future to be a great manager, but not at our cost please ,,,

Comment

• Trouble is Jimmy hasn't gone. Stupidly it seems Tony or Les isn't going to get rid of him. Our season will be dead before he goes. We will have to be repeatedly tonked to get shot of him. We will meander on, winning the odd one, losing, drawing, resolutely mid table all the time playing s hit football, driving fans away....... I cannot understand how anyone can think thick as mince Jimmy is 'learning his trade'. What are we? An LTS scheme? Read Clive W's report on LFW. Or watch Friday's game again. Fella couldn't learn to find his a rse with both hands with an instruction manual. We'd be better off having no manager than keeping Jimmy. We really would.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            We will have to be repeatedly tonked to get shot of him.
            Not long for the visit of Norwich.

To hold the record of biggest home defeat ever is one thing but to smash it in the same season....? Got to see him go after that.

Comment

• Cant actually see any reason to get rid just yet if we havent got someone better to come in. Might as well wait till season end and use the rest of this one to talk a good manager into coming (Unless we start sinking down the table obviously)

Comment

• Points wise this season hasn't been a disaster. If there were any development in our game it would be easy to give him more time.
                But are we better defensively? No!
                Is our attack game better? Hell no!
                Is our build up game better? Never been this bad!
                Are we fitter? Yeah, we were supposed to be fit, but do players look fit or are they fighting? No!
                I think there is no reason why he should be given more time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Cant actually see any reason to get rid just yet if we havent got someone better to come in. Might as well wait till season end and use the rest of this one to talk a good manager into coming (Unless we start sinking down the table obviously)
                  You going to every game under Jimmy between now and the end of the season, Kev?

Comment

• Home game yeah mate. Not allowed to go away anymore.
                    Its awful but its a habit like a smack head has to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                      Points wise this season hasn't been a disaster. If there were any development in our game it would be easy to give him more time.
                      But are we better defensively? No!
                      Is our attack game better? Hell no!
                      Is our build up game better? Never been this bad!
                      Are we fitter? Yeah, we were supposed to be fit, but do players look fit or are they fighting? No!
                      I think there is no reason why he should be given more time.
                      Absolutely nail bang on the head

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Home game yeah mate. Not allowed to go away anymore.
                        Its awful but its a habit like a smack head has to do that.
                        Me too. Only home games. But God help me I think I'm going to end up hating going....

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                          Me too. Only home games. But God help me I think I'm going to end up hating going....
                          Hurts to say this but watching them treat us like Barca did City a couple of weeks ago i was really tempted to leave at half time.
                          Friday nights are my night out and i really didnt want to be spending it like that, was so annoying.

Comment

• If we could get Fat Sams Grand Slam or Camel head Pearson in the next week or so then id be over the moon.
                            Dont like Pearson as a man (same as i dont like JFH as a man), but hes a nasty git and i really think he would kick this lot into shape and get them winning enough to get top six.
                            If you look who we have, managed properly i still think its achievable..

Comment

Yes of course. We all know that. With Danny Murphy it's an instinct thing. I have an instinct, like Wests, that he would be a good manager. And I don't think that perception is purely instinctive:

"Murphy started out as a trainee at Crewe Alexandra.Murphy has always praised the role of Crewe manager Dario Gradi in his footballing education, considering him as his mentor:
                              He took me from boy to man. He taught me about tactics, where to stand, how to play the right way and he knocked some discipline into me. I was a bit precocious, a bit silly as a kid and he straightened me out.

Gradi always rated the footballing brain of Murphy, and used to send him on scouting missions even as a trainee."

Here's the bottom line. No matter who we get as a manager, there are always 23 other teams vying with us to get promoted. And only three will do that. Even the apparently greatest managers can get it wrong, will lose matches, even get relegated. And rookies can sometimes succeed where others failed. The truth is, no one knows what works all the time, only some of the time. There are no guarantees.

So a change of manager can sometimes be worse than keeping the one you've got. There's a lot to say about stability, and even someone as loathed (as he is on here) as JFH can change and evolve and learn. Indeed, we've seen him implement things people have asked for on here: dropping Karl Henry, for example. Which I always thought was inevitable once JFH was satisfied Ariel was ready. People asked for Washington to be given a chance. He's been given a chance and is now a first team regular. Playing two up front, changing the system, he's done all of this. It still doesn't guarantee wins and he's still got a fairly limited (in terms of ability) squad at his disposal. We still don't know, for a fact, that JFH won't come good in time. All this sound and fury obscures the subtle changes and tweaks that are being made.

It's true that JFH is still learning his trade. But I would argue that he is learning. When we see what we believe to be his mistakes, there are often reasons behind the scenes that we don't know about - why one player features not another - and we are often far too hasty to judge. Such is the nature of football. I'd still like to give JFH time, because I think he has the potential to become a good manager. but I also concede that many people are fed up, and that they don't agree with me. They don't think JFH is evolving, they think he's static. Fair enough. At the end of the day, it's all about opinions.

Sacking JFH may work, or it may upset things even further. Instability can lead to a downward spiral, a tailspin that we've seen other clubs have not recovered from. So be careful what you wish for.
                              Stubborn and static.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

We have loat around 3000 supporters while we have stuck by jimmy.

If he stays any longer, the team can lopk forward to playing in front of 8k in the not to distant future.

Then we will be losing money left, right and center
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                                X