Next manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
    Don't agree with the criticism based upon the fact that the players are young and inexperienced.

Years ago we had the likes of Warren Neill, Ian Dawes, Peter Hucker, Paul Goddard, Clive Allen, Gary Waddock etc. etc. all settling in very well having come straight through the youth set up. I would guess that every team can cite many similar examples of their own.

The simple fact is that these days, it's too easy for them. Far too well rewarded for far too little product. Always ready made excuses for them simply not being up to the job. What they need is proper coaching, a better understanding of their individual games and a far more settled first team in which they can build proper understandings and partnerships.

You'll get all of that with a manager who knows what he's doing. Pretty clear to me that ours hasn't a clue.
    Those six mention came through the same youth system all british and joined older pros TEFLON has brought in at least 20 as I've stated from different leagues and different counties whoever comes in as manager also has to contend with having no forward or recognised striker
    Last edited by dogsrrs; 31-10-2016, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HertsHoops View Post
      Wolves are in the hunt for a new gaffer, some inspiring names being linked to them ? Which would make us invincible ?

Sam Allardyce
      Tim Sherwood
      Nigel Pearson
      Paul Lambert
      Paul Ince
      Roberto Di Matteo
      Alan Stubbs
      Paul Trollope
      Villas Boas
      Willy Sagnol
      Dougie Freedman
      Marco Silva

The grass isn't always greener
      Not sure about invincible but the only one I'd want from that list would be big Sam. Careful what you wish for - Les would have Timmy. I always had an eye on Stubbs in Scotland but he has disappointed.

Comment

• One of my bosses is wolves fan says they all want Ince I said REALLY!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
          Not sure about invincible but the only one I'd want from that list would be big Sam. Careful what you wish for - Les would have Timmy. I always had an eye on Stubbs in Scotland but he has disappointed.
          I would have Pearson as well Al.
          Would make such a refreshing change that we have a manager everyone hates as per, but one who actually wins games.

Comment

• Re the 'wolves list'. AVB and Silva apart, the rest of it is usual suspects plus some insane thinking.

Dougie Freedman? Jesus. How you can include someone like that (and he isn't alone) and leave out say Martinez.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              One of my bosses is wolves fan says they all want Ince I said REALLY!!!
              Aint he bit like people calling for Ainsworth/Ollie here though. Ex player/legend?

Comment

• Originally posted by HertsHoops View Post
                Wolves are in the hunt for a new gaffer, some inspiring names being linked to them ? Which would make us invincible ?

Sam Allardyce
                Tim Sherwood
                Nigel Pearson
                Paul Lambert
                Paul Ince
                Roberto Di Matteo
                Alan Stubbs
                Paul Trollope
                Villas Boas
                Willy Sagnol
                Dougie Freedman
                Marco Silva

The grass isn't always greener
                I'd go for Marco Silva but if you want Championship experience it has to be Allardyce or Pearson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Aint he bit like people calling for Ainsworth/Ollie here though. Ex player/legend?
                  Purely sentimental appointments are to be avoided.

My shortlist would be:

Martinez

Silva

AVB

Paul Clement (bearing in mind the sentiment factor when interviewing)

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    Purely sentimental appointments are to be avoided.

My shortlist would be:

Martinez

Silva

AVB

Paul Clement (bearing in mind the sentiment factor when interviewing)
                    Martinez aint going to leave Belgium for QPR any day soon...!

Comment

• Some really poor suggestions on thread. Steer well clear or Clement, Ollie, Robinson, Pearson and Martinez etc

Comment

• I think most of those would want a descent wedge and imo only Sam might do it so I'd ignore the lot and go for Billy Davis good manager out of work with a bit to prove not without his demons tho but then we are bargain basement arn't we

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                          I think most of those would want a descent wedge and imo only Sam might do it so I'd ignore the lot and go for Billy Davis good manager out of work with a bit to prove not without his demons tho but then we are bargain basement arn't we
                          Absolute A rsehole of a man but I'm with you I could see Davies working. As said before in similar mould to Warnock

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Some really poor suggestions on thread. Steer well clear or Clement, Ollie, Robinson, Pearson and Martinez etc
                            I don't know, something tells me Holloway would lift the whole place and in my opinion that's what this football club needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                              I don't know, something tells me Holloway would lift the whole place and in my opinion that's what this football club needs.
                              He would lift place with witty sound bites but we don't need a comedian we need a competent manager.

As some said earlier towards end of his last reign was playing santos as a striker and naming seven defenders. We've been there time for Rangers fans to look to the future instead of the past. Did he also not think Brett Angel was the answer??

Plus if you listen to him on sky always talks total and utter S hite his day has been and gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                                He could do stand up on the pitch at half time when we are playing like we were Friday night

Comment

Working...
                                X