Next manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    The one thing that is obvious is we cannot keep this clown much longer so they need to make sure the right man is brought in to steady the ship.and take it on. That is why I would go for Allardyce
    I quite like big Sam and was happy he got England job but will the morally high Rangers fans have him after the telegraph expose as some said JFH had to go because of it plus he don't play entertaining football again which many are insisting upon so in nutshell are we kind of changing like for like one just vastly more experienced

Comment

• I'd have Big Sam too right I would.

Not so sure LF would want someone who would want more control over things.

It's Ferdinands ball and he'll decide who plays

Comment

• Graham Alexander

Comment

• Roberto Di Matteo.

Forget Villa he should never have taken that job. Think back to West Brom he's a decent young manager.

Comment

• Plus what he did at Chelsea as stand in manager

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
              Roberto Di Matteo.

Forget Villa he should never have taken that job. Think back to West Brom he's a decent young manager.
              Not for me personally.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                On this basis Clement should not be candidate either
                Clement has plenty of high level coaching experience. And he definitely has more management experience than Murphy......

He's not my first choice mind, but I wouldn't mind betting he'd do a better job than the current incumbent.
                Last edited by hal9thou; 30-10-2016, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• What three months managerial experience really.....

We're not after a coach we after a manager

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    We need a tactical free thinker with a proven record at our level or above. There are very few Brits in that category.wise. Right now both Marco Silva and AVB are available. That is the calibre of manager we should be talking to if we're serious about moving forward.
                    Agree. Silva sounds interesting in particular.

Comment

He has even less managerial experience than JFH. Plus you have to earn your stripes to get the respect of the players.

Lots of people talk a good a game, but it just isn't the same thing.
                      Agreed.

Will just be another manager for our managers training academy after Ramsey & Piggybank

Comment

• What's the scoop on Silva fellas?? Name don't ring a bell when you see success Huddersfield and few others have had going abroad does make you think the pond is bigger the simply the UK

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          What's the scoop on Silva fellas?? Name don't ring a bell when you see success Huddersfield and few others have had going abroad does make you think the pond is bigger the simply the UK
                          Like I've said numerous times on this thread but people don't look outside the box.

Use Watford as an example. 7th in the PL. Didn't spend a quarter of what we did.

Comment

• Agree Jimmy I don't give a toss about what some other fans get hung up about when it comes to who should be next manager don't care if he's black, white, Chinese or if he has big hooter or arms missing as long as they can put a side together and get a performance out of them

Comment

• Exactly. I think we could benefit from a culture change. Different menatality.

Comment

Clement has plenty of high level coaching experience. And he definitely has more management experience than Murphy......
                                Yes of course. We all know that. With Danny Murphy it's an instinct thing. I have an instinct, like Wests, that he would be a good manager. And I don't think that perception is purely instinctive:

"Murphy started out as a trainee at Crewe Alexandra.Murphy has always praised the role of Crewe manager Dario Gradi in his footballing education, considering him as his mentor:
                                He took me from boy to man. He taught me about tactics, where to stand, how to play the right way and he knocked some discipline into me. I was a bit precocious, a bit silly as a kid and he straightened me out.

Gradi always rated the footballing brain of Murphy, and used to send him on scouting missions even as a trainee."

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_...er,_born_1977)

Here's the bottom line. No matter who we get as a manager, there are always 23 other teams vying with us to get promoted. And only three will do that. Even the apparently greatest managers can get it wrong, will lose matches, even get relegated. And rookies can sometimes succeed where others failed. The truth is, no one knows what works all the time, only some of the time. There are no guarantees.

So a change of manager can sometimes be worse than keeping the one you've got. There's a lot to say about stability, and even someone as loathed (as he is on here) as JFH can change and evolve and learn. Indeed, we've seen him implement things people have asked for on here: dropping Karl Henry, for example. Which I always thought was inevitable once JFH was satisfied Ariel was ready. People asked for Washington to be given a chance. He's been given a chance and is now a first team regular. Playing two up front, changing the system, he's done all of this. It still doesn't guarantee wins and he's still got a fairly limited (in terms of ability) squad at his disposal. We still don't know, for a fact, that JFH won't come good in time. All this sound and fury obscures the subtle changes and tweaks that are being made.

It's true that JFH is still learning his trade. But I would argue that he is learning. When we see what we believe to be his mistakes, there are often reasons behind the scenes that we don't know about - why one player features not another - and we are often far too hasty to judge. Such is the nature of football. I'd still like to give JFH time, because I think he has the potential to become a good manager. but I also concede that many people are fed up, and that they don't agree with me. They don't think JFH is evolving, they think he's static. Fair enough. At the end of the day, it's all about opinions.

Sacking JFH may work, or it may upset things even further. Instability can lead to a downward spiral, a tailspin that we've seen other clubs have not recovered from. So be careful what you wish for.

Comment

Working...
                                X