Mackie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=maidstone_hoop;1426007]

Me too and think the coating of Mackie is well over the top. I agree he's not a prem league player but in the championship he's a great signing. Again think he will change a few opinions when the seasons gets going. As fans we all like to watch players who play for the short get stuck in and go the extra mile and Mackie does that and he will gain the respect.

Also we need a balanced squad nothing to say he's a first teamer guaranteed though wouldn't be surprised if he's our new captain. Ridiculous to see so many people say mackies not good enough for the championship.[/QUOTEt]

Spot on. And he is brought in to secure some continuity within the Club. We cant just buy a new team. Think Fer, Austin and Phillips will go unfortunately.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
      I really don't get it....... Proven championship player who'd run through a brick wall for the club.

Maybe we do need to go skint again.........
      I get that he runs a lot and apparently loves the club. Doesn't change the fact that he's not a very good footballer.

Comment

• this rubbish footballer scored the winner in the 32 against liverpool, a goal in the aguero game. Numerous winners in the championship promotion season and had a the fight for it. He would be an excellent older head.

Comment

• Can that fella's brother the chauffeur head over to Reykjavik and pick up Heider?? I miss the Iceman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fordy View Post
            I get that he runs a lot and apparently loves the club. Doesn't change the fact that he's not a very good footballer.
            Bartons a poor footballer as is Henry but everyone seemed keen to keep them. Mackie has played championship and Premiership football for the last few years you can't be that bad of a footballer to play that level consistently.

Reading wanted to keep him and they have ambitions to get back up and so do we. Mackie has been taken on by clubs who are looking to push on.

Comment

• Happy to have him back, no brainier on a freebie!! Walking in a Mackie wonderland
              "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

• This idea that he was brilliant in the Championship isn't even true. In our promotion season he ran out of steam Agyman style - it was only when we brought in Routledge that we picked up again.

Comment

• Didn't he run out of steam because he broke his leg?

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                    Bartons a poor footballer as is Henry but everyone seemed keen to keep them. Mackie has played championship and Premiership football for the last few years you can't be that bad of a footballer to play that level consistently.

Reading wanted to keep him and they have ambitions to get back up and so do we. Mackie has been taken on by clubs who are looking to push on.
                    Haha Barton a poor footballer okay I'm going to leave it there now. Roll on Ravel and Andre Gray.

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      This idea that he was brilliant in the Championship isn't even true. In our promotion season he ran out of steam Agyman style - it was only when we brought in Routledge that we picked up again.
                      whilst i agree routledge proved a better goal scorer i dont think getting your leg broken can be described as running out of steam.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                        I voted no, but if Chris and Les think he is needed in the squad, then Jamie should be welcomed back with open arms. No need for bringing AT in to the equation, but since you started all that then here are the cold facts of their goal success in the Premier League. Mackie: 60 games, 9 goals; Adel: 77 games, 7 goals.
                        Posters said if Sparky/ Harry want x player, then we should welcome them with open arms. We ended up with the likes of Bosingwa and Rio Ferdinand. Also those stats tell a very distorted picture. He simply doesn't have the brain to play with even semi-decent players. He never looked up because he was too terrified with his limited skill that he might lose control of the ball. I used to lose count of the number of times more talented players would look on exasperated when Mackie failed to find them with a pass. Yet he - far more than Adel actually - was always the one throwing his arms up in the air in frustration with THEM. Amazing really given his lack of talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                          Haha Barton a poor footballer okay I'm going to leave it there now. Roll on Ravel and Andre Gray.
                          He's awful. How you can slate Mackie for being a poor footballer then think Barton isn't is beyond me. Bartons distribution is awful, his set pieces are even worst. Bloke thought he was Steven Gerard. Lost the ball countless times with long ball passes.

Don't get me wrong Barton in the championship is a different story as is Jamie Mackie as that's there level and that's the point I'm making. This isn't the prem league and both those players are effective at this level.

Comment

• Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                            whilst i agree routledge proved a better goal scorer i dont think getting your leg broken can be described as running out of steam.
                            Even I would not have wished that on him, of course, and as a person he always seemed half decent for a footballer - what I should have perhaps made clearer is that even before his very unfortunate injury he had ceased to perform well and regardless of the circumstances Routledge coming in to replace Mackie was one of the main reasons we re-found our mojo and got our promotion campaign back on track. Am not against everything he did and the winner against Liverpool would prob be in my top ten - maybe even top five - Rangers moments, but this feels like a real step back to me. Wasn't bombed out on loan by Forest for no reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                              Even I would not have wished that on him, of course, and as a person he always seemed half decent for a footballer - what I should have perhaps made clearer is that even before his very unfortunate injury he had ceased to perform well and regardless of the circumstances Routledge coming in to replace Mackie was one of the main reasons we re-found our mojo and got our promotion campaign back on track. Am not against everything he did and the winner against Liverpool would prob be in my top ten - maybe even top five - Rangers moments, but this feels like a real step back to me. Wasn't bombed out on loan by Forest for no reason.
                              yes he has to re - prove himself thats for sure.

Comment

• Fantastic footballer, very good in front f goal. Huge signin in QPR's season
                                Under Les Ferdinand:
                                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Working...
                                X