No announcement yet.

Mackie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good player at this level - as he proved. Not a patch on a fully fit Matty Phillips though...... although he may well be off anyways.

Not aware of the previous team dynamics...... although they say never trust a plastic Jock who sounds like he's constantly inhaling helium.

Comment

We're building a team for the Prem, so no.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
        We're building a team for the Prem, so no.
        And a squad to compete in the Championship

I'd have Mackie in my squad all day long. Long season with a number of injuries and suspensions along the way for him to cover, not to mention the bloke will run through brick walls for the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          And a squad to compete in the Championship

I'd have Mackie in my squad all day long. Long season with a number of injuries and suspensions along the way for him to cover, not to mention the bloke will run through brick walls for the club.
          But he's pony. We bombed him out for not being good enough, now the same at a shite Forest team. Let's go forward not backwards

Comment

Not good enough for the premier but champs yes so its a yes from me. l like right sorts .

Comment

said it before on here , watched mackie run past 2 of his own team mates to put in a tackle in front of the school end. His work rate , attitude , and heart makes up for his lack of skill.

Comment

Mackie is a championship footballer all day long and he's a good one at that. This he's a pony footballer is rubbish. He scores goals and hassles defenders non stop which results in errors and opportunities created. Not to forget he puts a shift in and does all his defensive duties.
                We are a championship team now not prem and this bloke loves the club, knows the league and would be a excellent squad addition.
                My mates at reading want him to sign permanently and when he was on talk sport a few weeks back the station was inundated with tweets and messages from Forrest fans who didn't understand why he was loaned out and wanted him back.

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                  No Ta.. Been there. Hasn't been the same since he left us. Great attitude towards the game but I think he was good in a decent championship team when we won the league. Think there's plenty more players we can be looking at.
                  Looked decent vs Arsenal in the cup final
                  "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                    Agree , but you must be unaware of face to face slagging he got at Euston on the return from away game , surely you can recall the verbals he got on message boards , so why should he have any feelings for QPR ?
                    Sorry mate, had misread your previous post.

We've got some numpty fans, I think everyone who has ever played for or managed the club knows that. I'm sure Mackie has got a hundred examples of praise he has had from the fans here for every time he's been slated like that day at Euston.

Comment

True but it's not the 100 praises that come 1st it's the 10 or so abuses that haunt your mind

Comment

Not sure there's any legs in this is there? Looks set to Join Reading

Comment

anyone on here that has played football at a decent level will know that a good team has a blend of footballers that are comfortable on the ball and can use the ball and some grafters that win the ball and harass , jockey the opponent , now and again you come across a player that has both assets

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                            anyone on here that has played football at a decent level will know that a good team has a blend of footballers that are comfortable on the ball and can use the ball and some grafters that win the ball and harass , jockey the opponent , now and again you come across a player that has both assets

To me he's the James Milner of the championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                              But he's pony. We bombed him out for not being good enough, now the same at a shite Forest team. Let's go forward not backwards
                              No, the club wanted him to stay - but he fell out with Harry over promised game time so left.

Comment

Would be a good squad player. Yes from me.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2