No announcement yet.

Mackie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=bushkangaroo;1426150]Might just do a job in a handful of games of the bench/as a squad member. But we'll be in trouble if he's a regular starter. So I voted 'No'.[NG B
    will he be a regular starter? in this division you are going to have to rotate at least 20 players, so a useful addition surely
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirill View Post
      I'm always looking for positives, just don't find many of them nowadays.
      Fair enough
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirill View Post
        I'm always looking for positives, just don't find many of them nowadays.
        https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• Originally posted by Chunkyfenwick View Post
          I voted 'no' , but now after reading some of the posts, I'm going to change my mind.
          I do agree that you need a sizeable squad in the Championship and although Jamie may not up to the standard, that some of our fans think we need.
          As a squad member, he would be an asset, closing down players or running after wayward passes and of course, his never say die attitude.
          So now it's a yes from me.
          This post pretty much sums up how I feel about Mackie signing. I like him because of his work rate, his closing down, harassing and hurrying of defenders. But at the same time I remember his (at times) shocking decision making. All this said I think he could make a big difference away from home more than once or twice this coming season.

Comment

• Wow i come back from the USA to see this. Absolutely dreadful signing. We may as well sign Mo Farah if we want someone to run around for 90 minutes who will "graft and work hard" He is a pretty useless footballer at best with limited ability and that is being kind.

He had a great purple patch in the Championship in the first 8 or so games. So did Patrick Agyemang at one time and he was tosh as well. Mackie then went 13 games without scoring and got 1 goal in his last 14 games before his injury. So all this talk of him being prolific before he was injured is rubbish.

Think the main thing that sums this thread up for me..... are the people that actually go and watch QPR games week in/week out or fairly regularly don't seem to want him back. I see most people who have had season tickets on here when he last played for us are mostly against his return. That should tell you plenty.

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
              Ramsey said he wanted a few players who can handle the riggers of the championship and Mackie fits into that category perfectly. He gets up for every ga,e and you know on a cold night in Rotherham he's the one who's got the potential to get the others going through determination.
              Good points Maids mate!... as always in the Championship we're in for a right old slog of a season. And 1 thing we're going to need are players who'll be up to the challenge no matter the weather/day/time. - step forward Mackie!!
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                Wow i come back from the USA to see this. Absolutely dreadful signing. We may as well sign Mo Farah if we want someone to run around for 90 minutes who will "graft and work hard" He is a pretty useless footballer at best with limited ability and that is being kind.

He had a great purple patch in the Championship in the first 8 or so games. So did Patrick Agyemang at one time and he was tosh as well. Mackie then went 13 games without scoring and got 1 goal in his last 14 games before his injury. So all this talk of him being prolific before he was injured is rubbish.

Think the main thing that sums this thread up for me..... are the people that actually go and watch QPR games week in/week out or fairly regularly don't seem to want him back. I see most people who have had season tickets on here when he last played for us are mostly against his return. That should tell you plenty.
                I've been a season ticket holder for years and I want him back. If he is our main striker then I won't be too happy but as an option off the bench then I am happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                  Comparison again completely insane...
                  Hardly. You argued that because the manager wants him, the manager should have him. I was merely pointing out that we have tested this approach to transfer deals pretty extensively the last few years and it hasn't been an overwhelming success. I could give you another 40/50 examples. Football people - on the whole - are not very bright. Mourinho is the stand out manager in European football and he has never kicked a ball in anger in his life. I would hope we now, finally, have a slightly more sophisticated approach to transfers than "Oi, the gaffer says he is the right sort, go and sign him up". I wouldn't bet on it, mind.

Comment

• Just checked wikipedia and he actually scored 7 goals in our 2011-2012 season in the premiership.

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      Hardly. You argued that because the manager wants him, the manager should have him. I was merely pointing out that we have tested this approach to transfer deals pretty extensively the last few years and it hasn't been an overwhelming success. I could give you another 40/50 examples. Football people - on the whole - are not very bright. Mourinho is the stand out manager in European football and he has never kicked a ball in anger in his life. I would hope we now, finally, have a slightly more sophisticated approach to transfers than "Oi, the gaffer says he is the right sort, go and sign him up". I wouldn't bet on it, mind.
                      Yes, I know what you are saying. Itīs nice to know that the armchair managers are more clever, than people making a professional living out of football

Comment

• Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                        Yes, I know what you are saying. Itīs nice to know that the armchair managers are more clever, than people making a professional living out of football
                        Just think football is unlike any other business. Somebody like Wenger stands out as someone who can consistently spend way less than other comparable clubs but still qualify for the Champions League because he is super-smart. There are others too. But the likes of Redknapp are more typical, even today. If it was your money, would you really trust someone like that to spend it?

Comment

• Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                          Wow i come back from the USA to see this. Absolutely dreadful signing. We may as well sign Mo Farah if we want someone to run around for 90 minutes who will "graft and work hard" He is a pretty useless footballer at best with limited ability and that is being kind.

I have been a season ticket holder for a number of years and I don't agree......

We have been shouting out for players like him since he left, ok his ability might be a little to desired, but he gives everything for the badge and more - and is proven I believe in this league. A good squad player to have in and around the club and knows how much the badge means to our fans!

We have alot of fickle fans (present company excluded) who love players like Mackie every week to wear the badge like him, and when we (might) sign him up again....they moan! Seriously can't win!
                          WE WILL BE PREMIER LEAGUE AGAIN......ONE DAY!!

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                            Just think football is unlike any other business. Somebody like Wenger stands out as someone who can consistently spend way less than other comparable clubs but still qualify for the Champions League because he is super-smart. There are others too. But the likes of Redknapp are more typical, even today. If it was your money, would you really trust someone like that to spend it?
                            No, I donīt believe I would...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                              To much of a glory hunter. Having himself massively
                              This. Thinks he's a worldie player and throws his arms up if someone doesn't pass to him. I was speaking to a Forest fan and he said his awareness for other players around him is shocking.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                                Just checked wikipedia and he actually scored 7 goals in our 2011-2012 season in the premiership.
                                And after that?

Comment

Working...
                                X