No announcement yet.

Mackie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's like this . Is he the best player ? No . Will he bust a gut for the badge ? Yes . That's a very infectious attitude , if this Spurs the others on to that give that extra 10% then I'm all for it . This IMHO is a very astute bit of buissiness . Defenders detest players that run at them and mackie gives you that in abundance opening up oppertunities for other to pounce

Comment

• As others have said we have a chronic rebuilding process and massive shortage in defence and upfront. We cannot afford to pay transfer fees for everyone we sign so getting JET on a free and Mackie for very little presumably is good business. Also done in good time and not last minute. Gives us more freedom on who we do actually pay for later in the window and we will better know how much money we will have to spend.

Comment

• I'm not a fan of Mackie at all, but if he is played as a striker then he'll do a "Vardy" and harass defenders - moving them about and giving them less time on the ball which in turn should open up spaces for our "better" players. The only problem is who are our "better" players come the start of the season?!

Comment

• Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
          I'm not a fan of Mackie at all, but if he is played as a striker then he'll do a "Vardy" and harass defenders - moving them about and giving them less time on the ball which in turn should open up spaces for our "better" players. The only problem is who are our "better" players come the start of the season?!
          That's a key point for me fella. Atm as fans we are all in limbo in regards to the depth of quality of the squad. If we keep fer, Sandro, caulker, ned, Phillips, McCarthy then adding someone like Mackie makes sense.

I sense that a lot of fans are panicking because the natural worry is that a lot of the above mentioned will be moved on and everyone thinks Mackie is one of the direct replacements.

Personally don't think that is the case, I just think it's a shrewd squad signing. More depth ect. I also think if we don't keep the above we will go out a replace them with very good championship players who do have a bit of quality.

When Charlie's go I reckon we will bring in two decent forwards. I think grey will be one of them but alongside a Rhodes or gayle.

Comment

• Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
            Wow i come back from the USA to see this. Absolutely dreadful signing. We may as well sign Mo Farah if we want someone to run around for 90 minutes who will "graft and work hard" He is a pretty useless footballer at best with limited ability and that is being kind.

He had a great purple patch in the Championship in the first 8 or so games. So did Patrick Agyemang at one time and he was tosh as well. Mackie then went 13 games without scoring and got 1 goal in his last 14 games before his injury. So all this talk of him being prolific before he was injured is rubbish.

Think the main thing that sums this thread up for me..... are the people that actually go and watch QPR games week in/week out or fairly regularly don't seem to want him back. I see most people who have had season tickets on here when he last played for us are mostly against his return. That should tell you plenty.
            That's the way I recall it too.
            He is a trier, but not very good.
            Still, he is another player to add to the squad, but I hope to see better signings made once players are sold.

Comment

• By the way, I voted no.

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                That's a key point for me fella. Atm as fans we are all in limbo in regards to the depth of quality of the squad. If we keep fer, Sandro, caulker, ned, Phillips, McCarthy then adding someone like Mackie makes sense.

I sense that a lot of fans are panicking because the natural worry is that a lot of the above mentioned will be moved on and everyone thinks Mackie is one of the direct replacements.

Personally don't think that is the case, I just think it's a shrewd squad signing. More depth ect. I also think if we don't keep the above we will go out a replace them with very good championship players who do have a bit of quality.

When Charlie's go I reckon we will bring in two decent forwards. I think grey will be one of them but alongside a Rhodes or gayle.
                I see we are not that interested in Gray according to the bloke who broke the Mackie story and also Dave McIntyre. Don't want to pay the 4 million price tag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                  I see we are not that interested in Gray according to the bloke who broke the Mackie story and also Dave McIntyre. Don't want to pay the 4 million price tag.
                  That's the thing. The freebies are relatively easy to pick up. Its the players who are more in demand who are difficult and often impossible to get at anything like sane prices. I'm not btw suggesting we should pay £4m for Gray with such a limited track record but we saw last year the crazy money Watford wanted for Deeney - on that reckoning someone like Rhodes would be Prem kinda money. We did brilliantly to land Austin for £4m. A suitable replacement might be a whole lot harder.

Comment

Fair enough mate, I haven't seen that. I agree 4 mill to much. 3 mill tops for me.

I hope we are in for thenlikes of Rhodes, gestede, hooper, afobe, gayle or dicko.

Comment

Thinks he's a worldie player and throws his arms up if someone doesn't pass to him.
                      I think you are confusing Mackie with Adel Taraabt....!!

Comment

Fair enough mate, I haven't seen that. I agree 4 mill to much. 3 mill tops for me.

I hope we are in for thenlikes of Rhodes, gestede, hooper, afobe, gayle or dicko.
                        All of them lot would cost even more. Hooper on loan could be a possibility. No chance getting the rest. JET and Road runner up top then.

Comment

All of them lot would cost even more. Hooper on loan could be a possibility. No chance getting the rest. JET and Road runner up top then.
                          If we sell Austin for 15 mill plus then I think we will go out and get a decent striker or two imo. Really think Rhodes is up there and gayle. Les and Ramsey ain't thick and know when Charlie goes we are well short of quality up top.

What do you reckon then fordy - you think we will bank the 15 mill and get someone like Cole in on a free?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            I think you are confusing Mackie with Adel Taraabt....!!
                            Nope, he's exactly right. Got far less stick for it than Adel did, but was just as guilty of it if not more so.

Granted it was often Adel on the receiving end, but it's still not a great signal to send. Nothing the opposition likes to see more than the other team showing frustration and dissent in the ranks.

Comment

If we sell Austin for 15 mill plus then I think we will go out and get a decent striker or two imo. Really think Rhodes is up there and gayle. Les and Ramsey ain't thick and know when Charlie goes we are well short of quality up top.

What do you reckon then fordy - you think we will bank the 15 mill and get someone like Cole in on a free?
                              Can you really see is splashing any more than say 3 million now we are under FFP scrutiny? Not a chance we will sign Rhodes who will cost 10 million or more. Gayle is going to Bournemouth. I have no idea who we will sign when Charlie goes? JET, Mackie, Grego Cox which means 1 more striker to come maybe we will get Gray for 3? Who knows.

Comment

Can you really see is splashing any more than say 3 million now we are under FFP scrutiny? Not a chance we will sign Rhodes who will cost 10 million or more. Gayle is going to Bournemouth. I have no idea who we will sign when Charlie goes? JET, Mackie, Grego Cox which means 1 more striker to come maybe we will get Gray for 3? Who knows.
                                Andre Grey is looking pretty likely isn't he?

I think Greg-Cox will certainly have a part to play next season but I wouldn't be surprised if there were 2 more strikers to come in still!

Comment

Working...
                                X