Mackie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    He's awful. How you can slate Mackie for being a poor footballer then think Barton isn't is beyond me. Bartons distribution is awful, his set pieces are even worst. Bloke thought he was Steven Gerard. Lost the ball countless times with long ball passes.

Don't get me wrong Barton in the championship is a different story as is Jamie Mackie as that's there level and that's the point I'm making. This isn't the prem league and both those players are effective at this level.
    You are right that Barton was nowhere near as good as he thinks he is but you can't seriously say that Mackie and him are on a par. I mean, seriously. Go into any pub of football supporters anywhere and ask that question (assuming they would have heard of Mackie). I'm not Barton's biggest fan but he was a key player in a half decent Newcastle team for a number of seasons and spent the vast bulk of his career in the Premier League.

Comment

• They both have their plus points. Barton would be a much better footballer if he knew his limitations and cut out the Hollywood pases. I'd still have kept him and will also be happy to have JM back. Completely different management team now so they must see something in signing him.

Comment

• Oh FFS he's not coming back is he?

Comment

• Can't believe the negativity of some...w ank yourselves over some two bob Moroccan yet not prepared to support a white British boy
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
            Can't believe the negativity of some...w ank yourselves over some two bob Moroccan yet not prepared to support a white British boy
            Facto, normally love your posts mate - your recent one about Scrabble made me laugh out loud - but that is not one of your better ones.

Comment

• He's not what we need if we're gonna get back up again. If we don't sign a top notch replacement for Charlie we're seriously fuc*ed
              I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

• Originally posted by Pie & mash View Post
                He's not what we need if we're gonna get back up again. If we don't sign a top notch replacement for Charlie we're seriously fuc*ed
                QPR need a squad. Mackie isn't replacing Austin.mif you look right now bar Austin QPR have zero strikers!
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

• Emmanuel-Thomas & Grego-Cox
                  I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                    Posters said if Sparky/ Harry want x player, then we should welcome them with open arms. We ended up with the likes of Bosingwa and Rio Ferdinand. Also those stats tell a very distorted picture. He simply doesn't have the brain to play with even semi-decent players. He never looked up because he was too terrified with his limited skill that he might lose control of the ball. I used to lose count of the number of times more talented players would look on exasperated when Mackie failed to find them with a pass. Yet he - far more than Adel actually - was always the one throwing his arms up in the air in frustration with THEM. Amazing really given his lack of talent.
                    Comparison again completely insane...
                    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• Mackie can serve a purpose in the Championship, but it's not like we would offload him at the end of the season if we get promoted. No one can doubt Mackie's passion and workrate, but he is out of his depth in the PL.

It also seems like he was one of the players who caused turmoil within the team during our earlier relegation season, so my vote is no.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joon View Post
                        It also seems like he was one of the players who caused turmoil within the team during our earlier relegation season, so my vote is no.
                        This is key point which everyone appears unwilling to discuss (elephant in the room)

Comment

• Some posters are claiming he has a love for the club I dont know , but if he has I can understand him or any of the others having the top rump with many of the of Johny's that came during his time that wanted a bit of kip on good dough

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            Some posters are claiming he has a love for the club...
                            In his particular case it doesn't really matter if he loves QPR or not. He went out there and worked his socks off every time, harrassing and attacking with dogged persistence, and scoring on a regular basis. Relentless drive, what our current team could certainly use. He was a game changer in the PL for us, he can be even more so in the Championship now.
                            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                              In his particular case it doesn't really matter if he loves QPR or not. He went out there and worked his socks off every time, harrassing and attacking with dogged persistence, and scoring on a regular basis. Relentless drive, what our current team could certainly use. He was a game changer in the PL for us, he can be even more so in the Championship now.
                              I'd have no problem with him returning , some seem to think he was concerned sbout the foriegners but if so he was in good company
                              Derry Hill and Nelson have all hinted of their desire not being what it should be

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                                Top post Kirill.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2