Nice one shans!!... lets hope that Blackstock rumour is a wind up though
      Blackstock what just a joke from me,Nik. Sorry
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
        Blackstock what just a joke from me,Nik. Sorry
        Oh hahaha!! I also read a post wrong on another thread. Think ill call it a day now
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Now this is picking up momentum and looks like it's happening I have to admit I am absolutely buzzing.

We have apparently beaten off reading for his signature as well. With 3 youngsters brought in a more on the way I really can't understand why the resigning of Mackie is so split. As said in previous threads the bloke knows the championship inside out, is a very good player at this level. Works his socks off and actually on the wings is dangerous player at this level, often putting defenders on the back foot. The other thing about Mackie is he's not a goal machine but he does score his fair share of goals.

Shrewd signing by the club and great to have him back at a level he's very good at and model pro.

Comment

Im happy if he's coming back, but i hope it doesn't mean we are losing Phillips

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
              Now this is picking up momentum and looks like it's happening I have to admit I am absolutely buzzing.

We have apparently beaten off reading for his signature as well. With 3 youngsters brought in a more on the way I really can't understand why the resigning of Mackie is so split. As said in previous threads the bloke knows the championship inside out, is a very good player at this level. Works his socks off and actually on the wings is dangerous player at this level, often putting defenders on the back foot. The other thing about Mackie is he's not a goal machine but he does score his fair share of goals.

Shrewd signing by the club and great to have him back at a level he's very good at and model pro.
              In my opinion he's a poor player, he won't get any better and has also lost abit of pace as he is nearly 30. Backwards step and would of rather blooded a youngster instead of actually paying a fee for him. I actually think its a signing to please the fans, surely wouldn't of identified him as a player they want to take the club forward and into a new regime. Ramsey will want to be playing quick, stylish football as Luongo said in his interview so i doubt we will see Mackie getting much game time. One trick pony. No doubting he gives his all but he's just not good enough. From Charlie, Phillips and Fer to Mackie .

Comment

Far more effective as a striker.
                "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Derby signing Ince and Wiemann, us signing Mackie. Btw Forest fans very happy he's going, one off the payroll. Most of em think he's a league 2 player with a good engine and runs about a lot. Run jamie run

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                    Derby signing Ince and Wiemann, us signing Mackie. Btw Forest fans very happy he's going, one off the payroll. Most of em think he's a league 2 player with a good engine and runs about a lot. Run jamie run
                    That's the thing though fordy, I have very close links to Forrest with people at the club and know a lot of fans and most of the ones I have spoken too were gutted he got loaned out in the first place and wanted him back.
                    Still don't get how you can say he's a poor player tbh mate though respect your opinion. He scores goals this level, causes defenders problems and performs his defensive duties.
                    I think he's a squad player who brings experience of championship football and compliments the three signings we made. Plus has the right attitude.

I honestly think a lot will appreciate Mackie more when you start watching him play again, the shift he puts in and the chances he creates will naturally win over fans.

I still think Phillips will stay personally as well

Comment

• 5 goals in 60 games isn't much.

Comment

• Now if this was last season and us looking to sign a 30 year old everyone would be up in arms with the no resale value and still have not learnt comments

For me would not be my ideal choice of a signing but worth a place in the squad so if he comes back I wont get on his back and hope he does well but as Fordy says hes not got any better since leaving us hes probably gone backwards

Comment

• Crap footballer! Can't pass. Can't cross. And a poor footballer. One good season. Not happy with this at all. Why can't we get new blood?
                          First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

• Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                            Crap footballer! Can't pass. Can't cross. And a poor footballer. One good season. Not happy with this at all. Why can't we get new blood?
                            But he runs around a lot. Seems to be the main argument to have him back.

From who scored. Com. Last season 32 games, 6 goals, 4 assists. If this was any other player and those stats were given for a guy who plays on the wing or up front they would get slaughtered

In fact going back the last 4 years so 2 years at us, 1 year at forest and 1 year at reading. Averaging a goal every 503 minutes (1 every 5.5 games) and an assist every 823 minutes (1 every 9.2 games)
                            Last edited by oldskoolturk; 15-06-2015, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• If this really is goodbye to Phillips then my little bit of optimism for next season has gone. Heaven help us.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
                                But he runs around a lot. Seems to be the main argument to have him back.

From who scored. Com. Last season 32 games, 6 goals, 4 assists. If this was any other player and those stats were given for a guy who plays on the wing or up front they would get slaughtered
                                Fair comment. Had a purple patch but like Dave says has zero awareness
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X