Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    They were wrong in the Scottish Independence vote and on the last election.
    Were they? That's promising.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
      Were they? That's promising.
      Very wrong.

I see it as a vote for a greater EU Federal power or the chance of a bright new unchartered future. I know which way I'm going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
        Why is it almost every poll I've personally seen on sites, Twitter, radio phone ins & on the street has been almost 60-40 out every time, yet bookies have us to remain?

Are the brexiters just more vocal? From what I've seen, read & heard, I'd say Out was a certainty, but I'm not so sure. I think us outers are in for a nasty shock.
        I think people on twitter on sites etc. might be more open about how they are going to vote. If somebody phoned me out of the blue and asked me how I was going to vote, I would tell them politely to go do one.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
          I see it as a vote for a greater EU Federal power or the chance of a bright new unchartered future. I know which way I'm going.
          Well put Bakes. Exactly how I see it too. For me this goes way beyond the smaller picture of economists, policies and personality rhetoric.

Sting always summed things up well IMO:

There is no political solution
          To our troubled evolution
          Have no faith in constitution
          There is no bloody revolution

Our so-called leaders speak
          With words they try to jail you
          The subjugate the meek
          But it's the rhetoric of failure

Comment

• How much would a Scottish yes to independence have affected you economy? I just wonder, because your prime-minister begged them to stay, I seem to remember.
            Last edited by Shania; 01-06-2016, 04:41 PM.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

• Interesting perspective..

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                Interesting perspective..

This is a very short term view inmo, we need to be looking at whats in the best interests for Britain long term ,and i`m veering more and more into the leave side of things
                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
                  This is a very short term view inmo, we need to be looking at whats in the best interests for Britain long term ,and i`m veering more and more into the leave side of things
                  And what do you think the long term view is Vesps - in contrast to what Prof. Ngaire Woods says?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                    And what do you think the long term view is Vesps - in contrast to what Prof. Ngaire Woods says?
                    Deals will be ironed out ,long term . The thing we cant forget is were not Switzerland ,we are a far better trading partner than them ,with a lot more clout and influence . I`m not pretending that we couldn`t suffer economically in the short term ,before deals are sorted out ,but who knows ? Camerons fear campaign is really getting tiresome , i genuinely think we are better than that. Though chucking my cause in with Boris ,Farage and George Galloway ,scares the s hit out of me ,three more loathsome ( and dangerous in their own ways )men i doubt you`d ever meet .
                    But I`m still concerned about leaving us solely in the hands of the Tories ,with no one to keep their anti working class agenda in check , and would much prefer this situation if we had a more central/left leaning government or at least a more left leaning media to tilt the "overton window " back into balance.
                    ( the fact that the EU is determined to keep the rail industry in private hands is also a big concern to me , but thats probably not a massive issue to everyone ,i understand )
                    Not saying i`m 100% made up my mind ,but if i voted today i`d probably say to leave.
                    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• All I can say from my perspective is that we in Switzerland do extremly well without this rubbish EU! This construct simple cannot work and will, sooner or later break into pieces. All the rich countries paying for the poor countries. In some countries, such as Greece they work only lets say 30hours a week (I dont know it exactly) whereas we have 42hours. No wondering we are better off... we work our ass off and don't get a pension with 50 either!
                      I am glad the Swiss did vote against the EU and kept us "out" of that circus!

My opinion...

Comment

• Originally posted by luca View Post
                        All I can say from my perspective is that we in Switzerland do extremly well without this rubbish EU! This construct simple cannot work and will, sooner or later break into pieces. All the rich countries paying for the poor countries. In some countries, such as Greece they work only lets say 30hours a week (I dont know it exactly) whereas we have 42hours. No wondering we are better off... we work our ass off and don't get a pension with 50 either!
                        I am glad the Swiss did vote against the EU and kept us "out" of that circus!

My opinion...
                        Switzerland and Norway are always mentioned, you are out, but it seems at a price. Are you free from the tentacles of the EU Luca, or do you pay to be a part member of the 'club'?
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Just saw on sky that London is rated the strongest part of the country to vote in , which is generally going to say what you would expect the opinion polls with the amount of people from outside living and working in London , but I wonder what is the true opinion is of Londoners with the right to vote is as I still find an overwhelming amount wanting out

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                            Switzerland and Norway are always mentioned, you are out, but it seems at a price. Are you free from the tentacles of the EU Luca, or do you pay to be a part member of the 'club'?
                            Lyme did you mean tentacles or did you really mean TESTIClES ?
                            Last edited by dogsrrs; 02-06-2016, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                              Lyme did you mean tentacles or did you really mean TESTIClES ?
                              I pray not for much longer dogs, every man and woman must do their duty June 23. Let's get our country back
                              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                              This morning's tempest I have to cross
                              I must be guided without a stumble
                              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• The reason the bookies have remain favourites is that some none nationals are being allowed to vote because you can register and if you say your British they send you a polling card without checking, and there's no way the government are going to get defeated on this by hook or by crook although it seems the majority want out, Cameron knows he's toast if he loses though we can't have Boris running Britain someone descent will have to step forward ,so all i can say is that we should all get off our ####'s and get out and vote especially those that want to leave
                                Last edited by dave58; 02-06-2016, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X