Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
    Well, with that kind of in depth analysis.......I would imagine that the OUT vote is pretty much guaranteed.....

Almost as in depth with youre sarcasm
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      I can't give a figure of how many but I can tell you that when I worked in the building trade untold were sacked imeadiately for not being up to the required standard
      Now I think I can confidently say that you can't honestly tell me you have known of one teacher that has been dismissed on the grounds of being totally incompetent
      Teachers are now rarely given life long contracts for exactly that reason. Also recruitment of teachers is now much more rigourous with the teachers observed in front of a class as well as being interviewed. Initial contracts are now often for one year, teachers who are not up to scratch are not given a new contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by easthertsr View Post
        Teachers are now rarely given life long contracts for exactly that reason. Also recruitment of teachers is now much more rigourous with the teachers observed in front of a class as well as being interviewed. Initial contracts are now often for one year, teachers who are not up to scratch are not given a new contract.
        Yeah but you still never answered that you personally have not known of an incompetent being sacked for that reason , and the new terms you speak of isn't that what Gove was seeking ?

Comment

Yeah but you still never answered that you personally have not known of an incompetent being sacked for that reason , and the new terms you speak of isn't that what Gove was seeking ?
          Well as I said teachers not good enough are not sacked just don't have their contracts renewed, it's tantamount to the same thing. As to what various education Ministers are seeking, a regime of increasing workload, where the paperwork requirements increase year on year, and the constant denigration from them and OFSTED has led to teachers leaving in huge numbers. There is a huge crisis in teacher recruitment with thousands leaving every year.

Comment

• This appears to be going off topic somewhat. There have always been crises and disagreements in education. In my time it was the change from grammar and secondary schools. I think the main problem nowadays is that kids have changed. When I was young we generally respected our teachers. This has changed somewhat and this has to be the problem of parents. Some parents think it is the job of teachers to bring up their kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
              This appears to be going off topic somewhat. There have always been crises and disagreements in education. In my time it was the change from grammar and secondary schools. I think the main problem nowadays is that kids have changed. When I was young we generally respected our teachers. This has changed somewhat and this has to be the problem of parents. Some parents think it is the job of teachers to bring up their kids.
              J you're right it's going off topic but the A level geographic teacher, east and co have attacked Gove on his past job while he has given the best reasons of all politicians
              As to whether we should stay or leave

Comment

Well as I said teachers not good enough are not sacked just don't have their contracts renewed, it's tantamount to the same thing. As to what various education Ministers are seeking, a regime of increasing workload, where the paperwork requirements increase year on year, and the constant denigration from them and OFSTED has led to teachers leaving in huge numbers. There is a huge crisis in teacher recruitment with thousands leaving every year.
                You're just not going to answer are you ? You said that NOW they just dont get their contracts renewed yet you worked in teaching for thirty years

Comment

J you're right it's going off topic but the A level geographic teacher, east and co have attacked Gove on his past job while he has given the best reasons of all politicians
                  I can never understand why individual ministers are blamed for things which happen in their department. They are put in charge of a department and have to carry out certain decisions made by the government of the day. It is not as if they make these decisions on their own.

Comment

WATRB's smear campaign

Comment

Not only teaching profession, very similar issues facing our Police service.

Comment

• We posted our votes this morning, 2 out.
                        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Geographic teacher here. I confess that the very presence of Gove raises my hackles. I can't help it. The main problem was his personal attitude when he was education boss. He never seemed to want to listen, whilst good teaching is all about listening.anyway, I will be out campaigning with my local MP on Saturday in Devizes. You never know I might persuade some to think again ( but not if I wear my Rangers shirt I fear ).

Comment

• http://news.sky.com/story/1709166/br...s-claim-untrue

Gang, have a read about what 300 odd Sky news readers are saying about my MP, Sarah scumbag Wollaston, the vast majority are not on her side.

Vote out, I have.
                            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                              http://news.sky.com/story/1709166/br...s-claim-untrue

Gang, have a read about what 300 odd Sky news readers are saying about my MP, Sarah scumbag Wollaston, the vast majority are not on her side.

Vote out, I have.
                              Read about that silly cow today. So it's taken her to get this far into the campaign to defect?!

Don't think she even knows what she wants does she? OUT

Comment

• Well the itv debate told us nothing we didn't know already. Just confirmed that I would like to smack Janet Krankie in the gob. What a horrible little gobshite she is.

Comment

Working...
                                X