Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Don't shoot the messenger. Just saw this today, perhaps this is an indicator of the economic reality of Brexit (certainly in the short-term)?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-would-8125754
    In the 80s Japanese companies came to the U.K. because they were given money by the British government to do so. I'm not saying this was a bad thing. because it brought jobs to a lot of depressed areas like the north east and Wales. To say they came simply because we are in the EU is not correct. For one thing in the 80s the common market (as it was then) was still basically a trading organization and did not have the number of countries in it that it has now. I don't think Free Trade came into being until the 90s. If they decide to leave the U.K. (which I actually don't think they will) I hope they will repay the money they were given by the U.K. government.

Comment

I didn't post that dogs, it was Easthertsr.....
      Oops please accept them H

Comment

• Some will go, and new agreements will be made elsewhere. Anything to do with the Remain camp is now seen as spin, lies and propaganda. You'd think the whole country will be on the dole on the 24th with the rubbish that's coming out. It's like the abused partner in a relationship, 'I'm staying in it because I know it, and I can't handle freedom'.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
          I don't have access to the poll as I am abroad, can you explain why it is inaccurate?
          Because 80% of the British electorate are not in favour of Brexit. Obviously. Even the wildest optimist would be surprised by that figure. Take a straw poll, look at the debate on here, wherever you check you'll find that it's extremely close.

Comment

Because 80% of the British electorate are not in favour of Brexit. Obviously. Even the wildest optimist would be surprised by that figure. Take a straw poll, look at the debate on here, wherever you check you'll find that it's extremely close.
            The poll on here is 63% out to 37% in, is that close?.

I will take that all day long on the 23rd.

As I understand it, 100,000 have voted on Pollstation, 80,000 have voted out, how is it skewed?

Please explain.
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

The poll on here is 63% out to 37% in, is that close?.

I will take that all day long on the 23rd.

As I understand it, 100,000 have voted on Pollstation, 80,000 have voted out, how is it skewed?

Please explain.
              First of all the poll on here represents a particular set of demographics, which means it is skewed towards Brexit. If you'd care to look at the poll on qprdot.org, you'll see a quite different set of figures: In 54% Out 38% Undecided 8%. If I were to use that as the basis for my information, I'd say it was a clear Remain vote. Which one do you want? Clearly the answer is that these are down to the particular demographics of these sites and the answer lies somewhere in the middle. All you have to do is google it, or, perhaps you'd prefer what the bookies say? They're still edging it in favour of Remain. Do you think they would be saying that if 80% of the electorate wanted out? I don't think so. Do you?

Comment

• As far as I'm aware it's a genuine vote. I was surprised at 80% myself.

Outers are probably more likely to vote on a poll like pollstation than inners, so maybe you inners should get on their and voice your opinion.

And now Brexit is in the lead in the more "official polls".😎

Comment

• Wish I'd of got on that massive 4-1 last week.

Comment

• The poll with 80% in favour has been high jacked by brexit supporters groups who went on there to mess with the figures, I would be more trusting of the yougov survey they tend to be fairly accurate and a fair reflection.

Comment

• I see some Geography teacher found it ok to send a class of youngsters out on a midnight stroll along Dover beach. Consequently, a rescue helicopter, the RNLI and 40 clifftop rescuers had to be called out. Where's Worton
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by TimPR78 View Post
                        The poll with 80% in favour has been high jacked by brexit supporters groups who went on there to mess with the figures, I would be more trusting of the yougov survey they tend to be fairly accurate and a fair reflection.
                        What do you mean by hijacked?, are individuals voting more than once?
                        Last edited by cross it Dave; 07-06-2016, 02:35 PM.

Comment

What do you mean by hijacked?, are individuals voting more than once?
                          Well it was a bit like when a load of QPR supporters went on mass to vote for the greatest living human of all time and it turned out to be Jamie Pollock, beating Jesus into second place, I might be suggesting that the demographic was slightly one sided, or it could just be that Jamie Pollock was the greatest of all time for that own goal!

Comment

• What 80,000?, leave off.

Comment

What 80,000?, leave off.
                              Then why does Yougov's poll have it so close? Yougov tend to be fairly accurate and is used within broadcasting, the other one, not as far as I'm aware as I've never heard of it before and for all I know could have been hacked. Also why when any polls are quoted on the news are the percentages so close? So your telling me that everyone else has got the figures so dramatically wrong?

Comment

• They were all wrong last May, weren't they.

LFW, Dot.Org and WATRB's polls combined give an out verdict.��

Take a look at Skynews, the comments posted on any referendum story are normally overwhelming for exit.

Anyway, I am voting out, have a good afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X